Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:28:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Neol Gallagher: King of the Ignoramuses

Started by gilbertharding, September 08, 2021, 11:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

famethrowa

Quote from: Mr Banlon on September 09, 2021, 06:11:55 PM
Noel Pilkington

I've heard Noel talk in interviews before, but yeah hearing only his speaking voice is totally Karl, an' thaat.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on September 09, 2021, 06:29:23 PM
His face looks like it was drawn by Vic Reeves.

Let us not overlook this accurate and very amusing observation.

Also, does Noel Gallagher have to swear * quite* So fucking much? No need.

DrGreggles

Less dislikeable perhaps.

They're both tits if you ask me.

sutin

I find Liam very likeable as a personality these days. Great value on Twitter too.

shiftwork2

sutin

Quote from: shiftwork2 on September 10, 2021, 08:17:48 AM
I'm not sure kids buy Liam Gallagher records.

Oh they do. He seems to maintain a young fanbase somehow.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 09, 2021, 05:26:03 PM

Well imagine an entire world full of Noel Gallaghers and tell me if that's better.

You'd need wider pavements for a start off.

phantom_power

Quote from: chveik on September 09, 2021, 05:44:18 PM
he doesn't sound witty to me, just the most boring twat imaginable. fucking die neol

I think he can be quite witty sometimes but his brain is on such tramlines most of the time it often just comes off as anti-intellectual bollocks. Does he really lack the imagination to believe that all book titles should be a literal explanation of the basic plot?

Quote from: shiftwork2 on September 10, 2021, 08:17:48 AM
I'm not sure kids buy Liam Gallagher records.

My wife works with young teenagers and he's remarkably popular with the ones who are getting into guitar music. The same goes for Coldplay and, much more surprisingly, U2.

I don't know if that translates into buying records, but they're certainly buying tickets.

sutin

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on September 10, 2021, 09:37:25 AM
My wife works with young teenagers and he's remarkably popular with the ones who are getting into guitar music. The same goes for Coldplay and, much more surprisingly, U2.

I don't know if that translates into buying records, but they're certainly buying tickets.

Well yeah, that's a good point. But yes, he has a lot of young fans.

Live, he seems to deliver something closer to an Oasis gig than Noel. Which is what the kids presumably want. He even has Bonehead.

Kankurette

Quote from: sutin on September 10, 2021, 08:29:47 AM
Oh they do. He seems to maintain a young fanbase somehow.
There are a surprising amount of young American girls who are very into Oasis incest fanfic. I post on an anonymous Dreamwidth community where there's quite a lot of Gallaghercest threads.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: thecuriousorange on September 10, 2021, 10:41:23 AM
Live, he seems to deliver something closer to an Oasis gig than Noel. Which is what the kids presumably want. He even has Bonehead.

Liam's voice is shot though unfortunately. Singing from his throat instead of his diaphragm has done it in (see also: Young, Paul). Never again will we hear the delivery of "sunshiiiiine" in it's original form. In fact, nowadays he can't even finish the word, so it's more like "sunshiii".

Captain Z

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on September 10, 2021, 02:07:22 PM
Liam's voice is shot though unfortunately. Singing from his throat instead of his diaphragm has done it in (see also: Young, Paul). Never again will we hear the delivery of "sunshiiiiine" in it's original form. In fact, nowadays he can't even finish the word, so it's more like "sunshiii".

I caught his Reading festival performance on BBC1 the other week, and it sounds like he's really been taking more care of it. I remember that Glasto set a couple of years ago where he was snarling his way through everything from the second track onwards, but this time he was still relatively tuneful at the end of the hour. Also notable that he's taken to performing Acquiesce, making a point of asking the audience to sing Noel's parts. He seems happy enough but I'm sure he would still prefer to have Oasis back together.

SteveDave

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: JamesTC on September 09, 2021, 06:36:17 PM
Liam is a stupid cunt but at least he does occasionally redeem himself by making time for fans (stuff like putting on the free gig recently for NHS workers which he gave the tickets out for at the height of the pandemic)
Is a mass gathering really the best way to thank NHS workers during the pandemic?

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on September 10, 2021, 02:07:22 PM
Liam's voice is shot though unfortunately.

More shouty than when at his physical peak, but compared to Ian Brown's recent live efforts, he's practically Pavarotti.

JamesTC

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on September 10, 2021, 03:44:03 PM
Is a mass gathering really the best way to thank NHS workers during the pandemic?

Should NHS workers not be allowed to enjoy what everybody else can at the current moment in time?

Shaky

Quote from: SteveDave on September 10, 2021, 03:05:07 PM
He's also lowered the keys on some songs

Well... someone's done it for him, let's be honest.

SteveDave

Quote from: Shaky on September 14, 2021, 05:08:52 AM
Well... someone's done it for him, let's be honest.

Yeah. Maybe it was Bonehead?

I do get the impression that he's being told what songs to do by his management/record company. He's got a teleprompter now too.

I was listening to his first solo LP the other day and the first 5 songs are great. Then it all gets a bit samey and then the final song (on the "Deluxe" edition) "I Never Wanna Be Like You" is hilarious.

Come on, come on
Who are you?
No one, no one
Ain't that true
Want some, got some
Goo ga joob
Good lad, scumbag
Be home soon

Oh what a bummer
If they only knew
What I've uncovered
They'd be swerving you
They'd never wanna be like you
I never wanna be like you

Inside, outside
Room for two
He snides, she snides
Wide-eyed crew
God squad, peace frog
Supermoons
Fanboys, make noise
Boogaloo

Oh what a bummer
If they only knew
What I've uncovered
They'd be swerving you
They'd never wanna be like you

Not surprisingly, on an album full of songs written by others or co-writes, that's one of the songs Liam wrote himself.

Kankurette

Liam Gallagher is the same guy who wrote Little James.

QuoteLittle James
We're all the same
Always seem to look to us
We weren't meant to be grown ups
Thank you for your smile
You make it all worth while to us

Live for your toys
Even though they make noise
Have you ever played with plasticine
Even tried a trampoline
Thank you for your smile
You make it all worthwhile to us

SteveDave

gilbertharding

Quote from: SteveDave on September 15, 2021, 09:34:15 AM
The poet of a generation

He's clearly using the Cut-Up technique, but with someone else's song book.

Also, a lot of the best pop songs in the world have lyrics which appear atrocious in writing. I am not saying that either Gallagher brother has been within walking distance of the best pop songs in the world, mind you.

Head Gardener

Steven88

Help I need a doctor, fell out an helicopter.

Inspector Norse

There's definitely a joke in there somewhere about Liam Gallagher being no stranger to having white stuff running out of his nose.

Custard

Have they just whacked a wodge of Sudacrem on his nose?

Captain Z

How far has he fallen?

Well, Oasis were one of the biggest bands in the world...