Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:52:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Neol Gallagher: King of the Ignoramuses

Started by gilbertharding, September 08, 2021, 11:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

I can't get over how much he looks like Jeffrey Epstein in that helicopter damage photo.

gilbertharding

Fallen out of tripped on the steps of a helicopter.

Fucking hell.

Pauline Walnuts

I remember when the Gallaghers got into a fight with a couple of Italians and they got slapped around, and the NME said they were taking on the F*!king MAFIA!!!!!!OMG!!!

famethrowa

Fell off the back of a helicopterist more like

idunnosomename

QuoteGallagher jokingly responded to one fan who asked how high he had fallen from, saying "100 thousand feet".

gilbertharding

Looks like Liam has sold out Knebworth for this coming June, with a second date added. I imagine it will be lots of Oasis songs.

JamesTC

If he didn't play them, he'd be criticised. Damned if he does and damned is he doesn't, really.

Pauline Walnuts

Wonder how Goat Girl will go down with the Laim Neol Liam Gallagher fans? Kasbian will go down well though. Didn't they get #cancelled recently? Or am I think of someone else?

JamesTC

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on October 07, 2021, 08:28:04 PM
Kasbian will go down well though. Didn't they get #cancelled recently? Or am I think of someone else?

They've got a new frontman after their former assaulted his partner.

Pauline Walnuts

Kankurette

Tainted by association, I guess. Everyone's going to see them as That Band With a Nonce.

kalowski

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on October 07, 2021, 08:42:06 PM
Why didn't Lostprophets think of that?
They did, but Rolf Harris became suddenly unavailable.

imitationleather

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on October 07, 2021, 08:28:04 PM
Wonder how Goat Girl will go down with the Laim Neol Liam Gallagher fans? Kasbian will go down well though. Didn't they get #cancelled recently? Or am I think of someone else?

I did think Goat Girl were an unusual choice of support act since they're, well, good.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: thecuriousorange on October 07, 2021, 08:08:05 PM
Looks like Liam has sold out Knebworth for this coming June, with a second date added. I imagine it will be lots of Oasis songs.

His recent sets have been basically Oasis greatest hits, and he's actually sounding pretty good tbf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEYWDYgu0vk&ab_channel=Nath%C3%A1liaMendes

00:00 Hello
03:01 Rock N Roll Star
08:08 Morning Glory
12:33 Wall Of Glass
17:00 Halo
21:25 Shockwave 
25:32 Why Me? Why Not/ COME TOGETHER.
29:40 Cigarettes & Alcohol
33:43 The River
37:00 Once
40:55 Supersonic
45:52 Acquiesce
50:12 Roll With It
54:10 Live Forever
1:00:00 Wonderwall

jobotic

Due to circumstances I can't remember (nothing exciting - think I was going through a shit time and wanted to be with my friends, who were going and had a spare ticket) I went to Oasis at Knebworth. One of the worst days of my life. Standing in what my memory tells me was a cattle shed, queueing with a million Legends buying 15 plastic pints of Carling, a speed induced headache while Ocean Fucking Colour Scene blared out their toss loud enough for me to be able to hear it just ain't my bag, man.

Oasis weren't all that either and the drums sounded like they were being played in Hemel Hempstead three minutes earlier.

I will not be going to this.

sevendaughters

the new Noel song is just the most 'I am treading water' I have heard since the last Richard Ashcroft

Video Game Fan 2000

like Sia but with poverty instead of autism

dontpaintyourteeth

top comment is currently "Noel is amazing. Definitely he is one of the best songwriters of all time."

this is, how you say, pure deso

Video Game Fan 2000

the beatlesesques little drop ins in that

like 90s muzak having bits of jazz or motown strewn around in it like peas in sick

phantom_power

What's going on with his voice in the verses? Sounds like he is trying to do a Liam impression

I don't know how you could write something so trite and basic and think "yeah, that's good". Even more so if you are an actual songwriter. It's like something that Not the Nine O'Clock News would do if they were around now, but less good

El Unicornio, mang

The only good thing about that is Milly Alcock

Pink Gregory

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on January 17, 2023, 10:55:56 AMtop comment is currently "Noel is amazing. Definitely he is one of the best songwriters of all time."

this is, how you say, pure deso

go home Joni Mitchell, Carole King, Karen Carpenter, Dolly Parton

go home Willie Johnson and Holland - Dozier - Holland and Stevie Wonder

go home Lennon/McCartney, Dylan, Gershwin, Berlin, Sondheim and dear old Novello

here is a man from Manchester

sevendaughters

Even in his narrow field of 90s north of Birmingham guys with guitars playing rock reverential to the past he is not even a Broudie, Blake, Head, Mavers. Money burned his brief flirtation with empathy and sensitivity.

Captain Z

I've generally been OK with him until recent years but his last set of EPs did absolutely nothing for me. Then the other day I listened to him on Rob Brydon's podcast and he was a complete 'everything was better back then', 'you can't say anything these days' bore. I would probably even agree with his observing that youth culture hasn't moved on much in the last 25 years (compared to 25+ years previously), but he brought absolutely nothing to that discussion other than pointing it out.

Kankurette

Ian Broudie at least wrote a song about the dockers' strikes. Neol would NEVER. Nor would he have done a song with Terry Hall before Hall carked it.

That book comment has a lot of 'Gary Neville getting mad at potatoes' energy.

SteveDave

Oasis reunion soon then.

Someone's got to pay for his divorce and it's not going to be him.

daf

Quote from: phantom_power on January 17, 2023, 11:41:16 AMWhat's going on with his voice in the verses? Sounds like he is trying to do a Liam impression

Bit of Autotuning maybe?

JamesTC

Quote from: SteveDave on January 17, 2023, 02:18:44 PMOasis reunion soon then.

Someone's got to pay for his divorce and it's not going to be him.

He is apparently able to sell his rights to the Oasis back catalogue soon, which he has indicated he will do.

Oasis will never get back together.