Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:08:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sony State of Play (9.9.21)

Started by Chedney Honks, September 09, 2021, 09:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Great start, some Parasite Eve vs Bayonetta vs Nier vs Kojima character action gooch fetishism.

Chedney Honks

Now some proper 'gamer' shit. Borderlands tier. Cosplay cunt streamer aids slurry. Embarrassed to play games.

Chedney Honks

Next game either looks like a naff Sony first party with some impressive open world traversal or a good rip off. Crap cinematics but everything else looks fun.

Chedney Honks

Now a shit Rainbow Six sequel or a expansion. Great news if this is what you like to play.

I read the majestic "Black Bird" is coming to ps5/ps4 soon.
Maybe they'll mention that.

Chedney Honks

I only hope so, but I would bet both nuts...

GTAV Remastered. I'll buy this for the fourth time because I'm a fucking bellend.

Chedney Honks

Some enigmatic immersive sim. "Trippy!" That Tokyo thing. Yep.

Chedney Honks

Marvel game. Great news. Love the humour. Hahaha the dog.

Chedney Honks

No budget vampire online third person battle royale.

Chedney Honks

Deathloop. Why is animation and mocap still PS3 tier outside of Naughty Dog? Oh, yeah, modern slavery.

chveik

Chedney Honks

Hey mate, I can't bear 98% of games outside of FROM and Cave. Hope you're well. I watched Three Outlaw Samurai the other night and I loved it. Pure entertainment from start to finish.

Chedney Honks

Another Marvel game. Hope they....

Oh good GT7? I'll buy this day one.

Genuine laugh at "Alan Wake remastered" :D
First thing that came up when I skipped to a random part of the stream.
Yup, that's enough AAA gaming for one day.

Chedney Honks

God of War. First one was plodding crap. Now the kid is a whiny teen it will be much more entertaining. Fucking dialogue on this shit. Kratos voice. Haha.

Clumpster, you're missing an aids transfusion, at best.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Chedney Honks

Haha just realised that's probably it. Literally only waiting for Elden Ring at this point. Not a single thing I want to play otherwise on any of the cunts. Anyway.

brat-sampson

Eve, God of War, Spiderman 2, Forspoken, all good showings. Happy I have a PS5.

I appreciated them showing more indie stuff like the New Caledonia thing or the weird live-action chess game.

Deathloop is almost *certainly* fantastic, so I don't know why I don't really want it.

At one point they started playing Everything in it's Right Place which made me cum got me excited as a massive Radiohead nerd fan, so I'll check out the exhibition thing assuming it's free.
It's probably £150.

Uncharted 4/LL 'remasters' basically look like the free PS5 upgrades we got for God of War, FF7R, etc, so I assume they'll be free/cheap.

KOTOR's fucking great, but I know the twist, so not gonna replay it. Should have remade the sequel and actually funded a good ending this time around.

GT7 did a good job by *still* impressing me with the graphics of a racing game in fucking 2021. Haven't these been basically photorealistic since like 2006?

Malcy

Rockstar seem determined to promote GTAV as just better graphics and enhanced gameplay etc and be as vague about the whole thing as possible. Fuck em. Add to single player, add Liberty City, make it worth another purchase. Modders can do it so why can't they?

Too busy pissing about with remasters for 3, VC & SA that no one asked for. Modders already done it years ago and now they're being sued by Rockstar for it!

I'll get a PS5 for Stray. That is if I can even bloody get one.

AngryGazelle

Firstly, Rockstar can fuck off.

Some pretty interesting looking games to be fair -- Eve looks like it has a lot of potential, Forspoken could go either way, I'm reluctantly pessimistic on that one. God of War really disappointed me, it looks very much like the last one -- same combat, same boat, same colonoscopy camera, and the enemy's look like reskins ( gorilla ogre is frog ogre?) I'll give it a chance though as I thought the previous one was decent if not amazing, it was mostly let down by pretty average combat.

Now, Wolverine and Spider-man 2, definitely hyped for these -- the first Spider-man game, whilst not quite spectacular, was bloody good. I'd like to see improved swinging, stealth and side missions in the sequel, that would really make it brilliant I think.   

C_Larence

How can you be hyped for Wolverine, a game which exists purely in everybody's heads at the moment.

Mister Six

He's a fun character and it's from the same studio as the excellent Spider-Man game.

It's like how I'm hyped for the new David Lynch TV series even though I know nothing about it.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I watched the Spider-Man trailer. Not much to go on, but I really liked the first game so I'm always eager to see more (although I've not got around to playing the second one yet). Then up pops the release date: 2023?!

I get why they'd tease a game that far in advance. I was on the fence last generation and ended up opting for the PS4 because of exclusive titles, most of which were trailed years ahead of release. Still though, poo pants to them.

Mister Six

I won't have a PS5 till then anyway, at the earliest. So that's fine by me.

How long does it generally take for Sony to put out a slimline, redesigned version of their consoles? Might wait for PS5 Slim or whatever it's called.

I mean, I've still got all the Yakuzas (bar Kiwami 1), Evil Within 2 and Arkham Knight to finish. No point splashing out on a new console when I'm still knee-deep in games that came out 10 years ago.

Kelvin

Six thousand third person action games with sassy dialogue and great lighting.

It's not that the games look bad - a lot of them actually look really good - but there is definitely a very specific type of game that defines the Playstation's these days - and probably AAA gaming in general. After a while, they all just sort of blur together.

That said, I did genuinely feel a bit sorry for Microsoft watching it. The number of AAA exclusives coming to PlayStation simply dwarves the recent X-Box showcase.   

AngryGazelle

Quote from: C_Larence on September 10, 2021, 05:48:37 PM
How can you be hyped for Wolverine, a game which exists purely in everybody's heads at the moment.

Mostly because it's developed my Insomniac, who made a really great Spider-man game. Admittedly, at this point I'm more exited about it's potential but it seems right up my street.