Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:37:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sony State of Play (9.9.21)

Started by Chedney Honks, September 09, 2021, 09:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum Valentino

That new God of War really does look indistinguishable from the last one. I get the argument that graphics capabilities have peaked, but that's no excuse for not trying something new. Think about how different GOW 3 and Ascension looked, and they were same-generation.

The Culture Bunker

I've not even considered picking a PS5 yet (even if I could) as I've not seen much on it that has grabbed my attention - all the stuff I've seen in this State of Play stuff washed right over me.

I suppose if they said "XCOM 3, out this Autumn, PS5 exclusive", then I would go out and get the console. 

AngryGazelle

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on September 11, 2021, 11:13:18 AM
That new God of War really does look indistinguishable from the last one. I get the argument that graphics capabilities have peaked, but that's no excuse for not trying something new. Think about how different GOW 3 and Ascension looked, and they were same-generation.

I don't think graphical capabilities have peaked at all, I think it's because this game is cross-gen - It has to run on PS4, so the PS5 version will just be a boosted version of the PS4 game with a few extra bells and whistles.

The combat looks the same, which is a shame, as I feel that is was pretty lacklustre in the first game, tbh. As much as people complain about 'Arkham' combat I'd play that over the GOW combat any day. The boat is back (which I don't think anybody wanted), camera is still up Kratos' arse, why it can't be dynamic and pull-back during combat is a mystery to me.

I need to see more, and truthfully I'll probably end up buying it but I am in no way excited after that reveal. 

VelourSpirit

Quote from: mobias on September 10, 2021, 09:03:48 AM
Rockstar are the only company who can delay a game thats been out for 11 years. https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/next-gen-gta-v-has-been-delayed-until-march-2022/
It's just mad! The rerelease was announced over a year ago. By the time it comes out it'll have been just a month short of how long GTA V initially took, from it's November 2011 announcement to September 2013 release. They didn't even bother trying to highlight what the supposed improvements are. They don't need to, it just sells. I think it's good that V's lifespan is justifying the immense amount of work that went into it, but I am so sick of seeing it lol

I still feel like I haven't seen a truly next gen atonishing thing yet aside from Ratchet and Clank. Everything else seems to be cross play so they're basically just PS4 games on ultra settings, designed with the constraints of the old consoles in mind.

Mister Six

Yeah, which is another reason I'm not arsed about getting a PS5. It'll be a year at least before we get anything genuinely jaw-dropping for the new gen, and I'll still only be on Yakuza 3 by that point.

mobias

I suspect the GTAV launch delay into next year has quite a lot to do with Rockstar wanting a larger install base on the new gen consoles. PS5's are getting more plentiful but Xbox's are still difficult to come by.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Chedney Honks on September 13, 2021, 06:59:03 PM
Returnal
Demon's Souls

Yep especially Returnal best game since Dark Souls.