Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:13:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

20 years since them slags smashed into the twin towers...

Started by Butchers Blind, September 10, 2021, 12:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Who was the guy who had that tower seven song on YouTube?

Looking through the 991 songs list on Wikipedia

Quote from: 911 songs=topic=89381.msg4679177#msg4679177 date=1631291179
Monty Milne   America Rocks   Rock Stars Don't Eat Cookies   2001   Lyrics include: "In terrible days and horrible shocks; Always remember that America rocks; When the Enemy aims and the trigger cocks; Always remember that America rocks  h

idunnosomename

"sometimes time heals... too much."

The ad itself is hilarious imo. It looks like it was made up for Curb Your Enthusiasm or something

chveik

when you've got jokes with 9/11 in them you can't lose!

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: chveik on September 10, 2021, 05:49:56 PM
when you've got jokes with 9/11 in them you can't lose!

Because they go down with everyone?

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 10, 2021, 05:03:46 PM
Do you ever imagine what it would have been like to have been in one of the towers a floor or two beneath where the planes hit? You could just belt it down the stairs and away from fiery death. I bet it would have been just like Krypton Factor. What a rush.

Imagine blazing fuel leaking from the plane and pursuing them downstairs.  I bet three-minute miles were run that day.

Milo

My main memory of the day is being 19 and working in a call centre and I was absolutely over the moon when they announced we could go home for the rest of the day.

Twit 2

Uncle TechTip

Those women who won a nightclub Halloween fancy dress competition dressed as 9/11

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24835322

Rosie's nightclub in Chester, so proud. It was widely condemned but I still thinks it's hilarious. Look at it, in some comedy show it would be a classic moment. They went, dressed as 9/11.

Mister Six

touchingcloth

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on September 10, 2021, 05:59:08 PM
Imagine blazing fuel leaking from the plane and pursuing them downstairs.  I bet three-minute miles were run that day.

To right. Shits on escape rooms.

idunnosomename

Had the pleasure of meeting the World Trade Centre towers at a charity do once. They were surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

Oh Porsche! What a terrible name for a car. Reminds me of that tragedy.

dissolute ocelot

Aaron500

20 years ago tomorrow I found out through talking to a couple of clients that other people had TVs in their offices. WTF, that's next level cushy. We had a radio, and the internet, which didn't really play videos in those days and which went down shortly after the second tower did.

imitationleather

I'm always amazed by how shit the offices inside looked.

If I worked there I would've jumped out of the window long before 9/11!

bgmnts

The six year old girl working there looked miserable.

imitationleather

Quote from: bgmnts on September 10, 2021, 09:31:51 PM
The six year old girl working there looked miserable.

I'm always the same on bring your dad to work day.

Goldentony

Quote from: imitationleather on September 10, 2021, 09:24:03 PM

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on September 10, 2021, 09:24:03 PM

I had a three week secondment in Manhattan and my office was within 2 blocks of the WTC and I thought "quids in here ferris!" but it was literally the bleakest fucking space I've ever been in.

I think it was furnished the same as those photos (only reason I remember it was because it looked exactly like those photos which triggered a horrible remembering) except this was like 15 years later and no one had bothered to update it. Manila cubicles out the wazoo, a complete shithole.

H-O-W-L

Those look like the kind of offices where Selected Ambient Works Volume II is always quietly playing in your head.

Sebastian Cobb

Bleak as they are I'd prefer the more private boxes compared to the small partitions you get in UK offices with even less privacy, or bench desks, as you get in call-centres.

Ferris

Having pissed away my life in both, I far prefer open plan offices to cubicles (apart from the ~3 months I had my own little office and I could close the door and drink whiskey and play snake on Firefox).

chveik

Butchers Blind

Probably a good thing they knocked those towers down then.