Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:10:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

20 years since them slags smashed into the twin towers...

Started by Butchers Blind, September 10, 2021, 12:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: Key on September 12, 2021, 12:11:03 PM
I remember someone coming up to me and saying they'd crashed planes into the twin towers and knocked them down. I said 'What! at Wembley?'

They say you never forget the day you meet Bin Laden.

#neverforget

Blumf

Quote from: Key on September 12, 2021, 12:11:03 PM
I remember someone coming up to me and saying they'd crashed planes into the twin towers and knocked them down. I said 'What! at Wembley?'

Well bin Laden was a Gunners fan, so it's not inconceivable.

beanheadmcginty

Anybody else remember people referring to Osama Bin Laden as "Osram Bin Liner" for full comical effect? Or was that just a rural Kent thing?

Dex Sawash

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 12, 2021, 12:26:47 PM
Best terror attack in history

The Guinness Book Of Records site had a button under each record saying something like "break that record".
They also had an entry for something like 'biggest terror attack in history', and you can see where this is going... underneath it was a link/button labelled "break that record."

idunnosomename

There's some records they don't print anymore because they're getting dangerous, like world's fattest man or whatever. I suspect this has been retired for the same reason!

Also the one I posted earlier is in full here, including the guy hanging out on Brooklyn bridge, before managing to get a lift from a Peruvian guy and being in the crawl of traffic with two Japanese girls who were in one of the towers (the N, I think) with the radio on. It ends well before the N tower collapses (he probably takes the subway shortly after the end of the tape) but it's an amazing first-person document (and also some of the best footage of the progressive structural failure of the S tower)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxhZFaC7Nhc

mothman

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on September 12, 2021, 01:02:29 PM
Anybody else remember people referring to Osama Bin Laden as "Osram Bin Liner" for full comical effect? Or was that just a rural Kent thing?

There was a radio station I used to listen to in NZ whose morning show did a regular sketch called the Talibunnies, featuring Tanky-Wanky, Dipsymaniac, La-La-Land, Po-litical, and their esteemed leader, Osama Wheelie-Bin Over-Laden. It was actually funnier than it sounds.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 12, 2021, 12:27:05 PM
of course they were up for demolition for the new stadium at the time, so not unreasonable

Also they were built on the site of a planned 358 m (Eiffel Tower is 300 m) tower, of which only the base was ever built.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watkin%27s_Tower

Freaks my nut out. It was planned there because of the railway intersections and how many people would see it.

I had no idea, thanks for that I love this kind of alternative history.

Goldentony

the band, the Stray Cats, played on as the towers fell down

Replies From View

Quote from: mothman on September 12, 2021, 03:36:29 PM
There was a radio station I used to listen to in NZ whose morning show did a regular sketch called the Talibunnies, featuring Tanky-Wanky, Dipsymaniac, La-La-Land, Po-litical, and their esteemed leader, Osama Wheelie-Bin Over-Laden. It was actually funnier than it sounds.

Quite funny already to be honest

Replies From View

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 12, 2021, 06:46:47 PM
Imagine a slag slamming into that

Imagine a Cyclops standing over the tower with its cock out and then slowly lowering its urethra down over the spiky bit at the top, and continually pressing until it was gradually and fully widened.

Blue Jam

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on September 12, 2021, 01:02:29 PM

I'm not from Kent and I can still remember "Osama bin Liner" and "Osram bin Lightbulb".

Goldentony

Quote from: mothman on September 12, 2021, 03:36:29 PM

"FACKIN BIN LADEN MATE HE'S FACKIN HEAPS WANKER"

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Replies From View on September 12, 2021, 08:39:48 AM
Would the plane make a different noise, I wonder.  Maybe leave a trail of flowers in the sky as it chugs towards its target

Can't imagine it would've gone down well with Osama Bin Laden if his masterplan was foiled by Walter the Softy

JaDanketies

Goldentony

a long long time ago
I can still remember
how we used to
stand around using irony correctly
before it turned into just meaning
something thats a coincidence

But February made me shiver
With every paper I'd deliver

idunnosomename

Quote from: Replies From View on September 12, 2021, 07:17:00 PM
Imagine a Cyclops standing over the tower with its cock out and then slowly lowering its urethra down over the spiky bit at the top, and continually pressing until it was gradually and fully widened.
that's september 13th's wank sorted

mothman

I had a conversation with my 11yo about 9/11. In a sign of the times, she'd learned about it... on TikTok.

https://www.tiktok.com/@looooo166/video/7006619389894184198

So I explained what it was all about, how and why it happened. How they used knives, and why it was that knives are still banned on planes to this day, how plane cockpits are much harder to get into now (I didn't mention GermanWings flight 9525, I'm trying to placate a child with an anxiety disorder after all). Most striking part was her asking if she could say "terrorist" or if it was a rude word...

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 12, 2021, 10:19:54 AM
I was on NOTBBC in them days. My main memory take from it is someone complaining about that evening's episode of " Crossroads" being cancelled.

James M, possibly.

steve98

Quote from: Goldentony on September 12, 2021, 08:27:00 PM
a long long time ago
I can still remember
how we used to
stand around using irony correctly
before it turned into just meaning
something thats a coincidence

But February made me shiver
With every paper I'd deliver,

Blumf

Quote from: mothman on September 12, 2021, 08:57:45 PM
Most striking part was her asking if she could say "terrorist" or if it was a rude word...

Did you tell her to use 'cunt' instead?

mothman

wrec

Quote from: Goldentony on September 12, 2021, 01:34:12 AM
There's Jeremy then there's his brother, "I, Ron S. Jeremy Irons"

I like the way Snori thinks

Video Game Fan 2000

Its ironic it happened on 9/11 if you think about it.

The Dog

The irony is that it didn't happen on 911, because there is no 91st of January. 

Goldentony

there's 9/11 going on out there and you're all stood around joking like a bunch of jackasses

Video Game Fan 2000