Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:18:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

20 years since them slags smashed into the twin towers...

Started by Butchers Blind, September 10, 2021, 12:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on September 16, 2021, 04:33:58 PM
One of the documentaries showed some radio communication where one person was asking about the flight and got the response "It's down", then they replied "It landed?" and got the response "No, it's down", and then there was quite a long period of time where they didn't actually know if one of their own planes had shot it down or not.

I've always kind of assumed that United 93 was shot down, but hushed up. I can at least see why a government would choose to do that unlike the conspiracy theories about lacing buildings with demolition charges.

kalowski

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 16, 2021, 12:08:41 PM
Hamleys
Alton Towers
Coronation Street set
Rolf Harris (still national treasure)
The farm in the middle of the M62
Cromer
Fly a plane into the Museum of Science and Industry.

JamesTC

They should have flew the plane into a mosque.

Or Boots.

Cuellar

Or a Greggs!!! Lol imagine that, the UK going without Greggs!! Omg don't we all LOVE a Greggs dallyn

JamesTC

mothman

Quote from: The Ombudsman on September 16, 2021, 12:35:25 PM
Out of interest, do you think they would pace themselves or just go all out squandering the virgins?

"Standing on the top of the highest mountain in heaven are 72 virgins. Once every hundred years, Mohammad Atta climbs up there and deflowers one of them.

When all 72 have been deflowered, the first second of eternity will have passed."

touchingcloth

They should have hijacked an Easy Jet and flown it into Derry and blamed it on the Catholics or the Protestants, whichever one the orange lads are.

Video Game Fan 2000

Newton's apocryphal apple tree
A photograph of the dambusters' dog
Pigeon Street
The wall from Wonderwall
Statue of Ken Dodd
Karl Marx's grave
The last remaining evidence that Walkers changed the colour of the crisp packets
The garage door from Only Fools and Horses

idunnosomename

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on September 16, 2021, 01:33:43 PM
Imagine how differently the event would have been viewed if the fires had been put out before the heat caused sufficient structural damage to make the buildings fall.  The people on the upper floors would have survived

probably not. Certainly not in the N tower. You cant believe what it was like in there (sadly, many restaurant staff were up at the top floor preparing the Windows on the World for an event) It was an absolute furnace, and why so many people started jumping, because it was either that or burst into flames.

Only 17 people above the impact zone in the S tower made it down the one surviving stairwell. It was also bad up there but not sure how many jumpers there were, they probably fled up to escape the heat in the 45 min they had

It's kind of a moot point to argue because the fire got so bad because the hollow core of the tube frame acted like a flue that fueled the inferno with oxygen. If it had had a concrete core, people could've got out. But it also wouldn't have collapsed and the fire wouldn't have been as intense. Note in the whole hour 45 the N tower was on fire they never got a single drop of water on it. There is no what-if, unless perhaps you use smaller planes with less fuel, because those towers were structurally doomed the moment they were hit.

Also Bin Laden did say he didn't think the towers would collapse and i don't think he's lying. Nor did anyone predict the N tower would after it was hit. People on site could see the S tower was going to collapse pretty quickly though.

Replies From View

Quote from: buzby on September 16, 2021, 02:06:32 PM
Part of the reason the Pentagon wasn't that badly damaged is because the building was undergoing a reburbishment at the time to harden it against attacks. Wedge 1, which is where the plane hit, was the first to have the work completed.

So annoying, isn't it

touchingcloth

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 16, 2021, 07:40:20 PM
Note in the whole hour 45 the N tower was on fire they never got a single drop of water on it.

I have noted it, and I am delighted those lazy firefighters fucks got tumbled to death.

idunnosomename

look they had other things to do before squirting water on it!!!!!!!!!!

Replies From View

Nobody stops to think how bad the water damage would have been

Video Game Fan 2000

So, I gather the towers were completely fine after the plane crash but the firehoses blasted them into shit?

Replies From View

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on September 16, 2021, 11:55:23 AM
Niagara Falls, Hoover Dam
Quote from: Zetetic on September 16, 2021, 12:38:51 PM
Not really clear what either of those symbolise in this context. The concept of a US-Canadian border? Flood control?
Hoover Dam is still iconic as a fucking big dam, a massive tourist attraction, the object of a ton of conspiracy theories and urban myths, and had a major road running along the top until 2010. It also symbolises the might of the US government for building it during the 1930s Depression. Roddy Piper either saved it from terrorists or terroristed it up in 1996, and the US government restricted access in 2002 to stop something similar happening in real life. QAnon cunts have fucked with it recently. It has a Transformer inside (allegedly). If you could destroy it, it would be a major hassle for anyone in the southwestern US who'd have considerably less water. Unless they drowned. Basically, if it wasn't so far from civilisation it would be an ace target.

And Niagara Falls is for lovers.

idunnosomename

if only all the citizens of new york had done a massive power wee. join their streams together like the death star superlaser. one big torrent of patriotic piss. even burning jet fuel cannot beat it.

imitationleather

They should have tested whether the rumours that Rudy Giuliani is made of asbestos are true by sending him in there alone to sort it all out.

idunnosomename

hope the cunt inhales himself. although really the debris cloud was worse than any asbestos exposure.

he was a fucking idiot to have Emergency Management headquarters on the 23rd floor of WTC 7. bald fuck learnt nothing from 1993 bombing

Video Game Fan 2000

It's easy to judge him on that, he could've had it on top of a huge pile of TNT

imitationleather

If we forget about the negative connotations, asbestos is a lovely word. If I ever have a daughter I know what I'm calling her.

idunnosomename

JamesTC

rack and peanut

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 17, 2021, 12:01:00 AM
if only all the citizens of new york had done a massive power wee. join their streams together like the death star superlaser. one big torrent of patriotic piss. even burning jet fuel cannot beat it.

Crossing the streams worked for the Ghostbusters

gib

Quote from: mothman on September 16, 2021, 07:19:46 PM
"Standing on the top of the highest mountain in heaven are 72 virgins. Once every hundred years, Mohammad Atta climbs up there and deflowers one of them.

When all 72 have been deflowered, the first second of eternity will have passed."

attaboy

imitationleather

To me, having to have sex with 72 virgins would be more of a chore than anything else.

idunnosomename

would you just deflower them one after the other, or just pound one constantly and save the rest for special occasions.... into infinity. hardly matters really when you think about it.

imitationleather

Whatever way I chose, I doubt my missus would be too happy about it.

chveik

have any of these cunts really thought about what eternity means

idunnosomename

no they were probably all just very angry cunts who were only too happy to off themselves by cunting a plane into a building, and groomed to do so by some even bigger cunts