Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:28:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I hear you're a child abuser now, Josh Homme

Started by The Mollusk, September 10, 2021, 01:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

TW: Graphic allegations in the link below.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/josh-hommes-children-file-restraining-order-against-him-3042418?fbclid=IwAR0Uy-GuxOihPTD4_0OnwAXThJJ-D3abv-BBwCa16jRxTTyv5tK67MtkfIo

Fuck this fucking prick. What very little respect I had dwindling for him following the allegations of domestic abuse from Brody Dalle and then booting that female photographer in the face in recent years has withered to nothing. Tempted to bin those first three QOTSA albums (the only good ones IMO) in light of all this, very nasty and unpleasant stuff. Don't really see how I could ever enjoy that music any more after reading the above.

boki

Fuck's sake, after all that went on with Nick Olivieri, you'd have to be a right fucking wreck to go down the same path.

Steven88

Those names are enough evidence to charge him with child abuse.

JaDanketies

Damn, he was on CBeebies doing the bedtime story two days ago. Seems inappropriate.

I knew he was a prick when I saw that YouTube clip of him heckling people in the crowd with homophobic insults.

idunnosomename

fucking hell. bit much.

thought he went a bit mad after the Bataclan but that was Jesse Hughes who is also a cunt. whatever. dont like anything after Kyuss (who are a candidate for a "no bad album" band imo)

JaDanketies

He's alleging that Brody was abusive towards him, too.

QuoteJosh says he's afraid those kinds of phony allegations are going to get him arrested. In the docs, he also alleges during their marriage she punched him in the face at least 7 times and threw an iron, and even bragged to friends and relatives about it.

Only today fully appreciated the fact that Brody was 16 when she got together with a 30-year-old Rancid singer Tim Armstrong, the dorty focker

Homme seems to have a violent streak, he kicked a photographer here and

Quotealso deliberately cut his face during the same performance, as well as verbally abusing fellow performers Muse and calling the audience "retards". He was sued earlier this year by an autograph collector who alleged he verbally abused him and assaulted him by grabbing him by the shoulders.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 10, 2021, 01:29:47 PM

Homme seems to have a violent streak, he kicked a photographer here

He's not without his good points though, "as well as verbally abusing fellow performers Muse"

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 10, 2021, 01:20:57 PM
Damn, he was on CBeebies doing the bedtime story two days ago. Seems inappropriate.
Yeah, this is a really irritating- I don't know what the BBC was thinking in making (and repeating) those episodes. They originally held off from showing them when they were filmed in 2017 when he kicked that photographer. Even if his personal reputation was spotless, I just don't understand why you'd hear a bloke singing "Nicotine, Valium, Vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol,Co-co-co-co-co-cocaine" and think "that guy would be just PERFECT for Cbeebies!".

holyzombiejesus

For the same reason that you'd watch Stephen Graham beat the shit out out of Milky and thing 'let's get him to read Giraffes Can't Dance'.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: thecuriousorange on September 10, 2021, 01:21:24 PM
I knew he was a prick when I saw that YouTube clip of him heckling people in the crowd with homophobic insults.

ditto. yikes

lankyguy95

Makes Marilyn Manson look like Marilyn Manson.

They each kicked out a band member for being an abuser, before following them into cancellation for doing the same thing.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 10, 2021, 02:28:30 PM
For the same reason that you'd watch Stephen Graham beat the shit out out of Milky and thing 'let's get him to read Giraffes Can't Dance'.
That difference is interesting though, because we expect a really gifted actor to have enough versatility about them to slip between different roles. And an actor's ability to do that obscures their real-life personality and worldview.  Whereas music-world personalities to some extent trade on the idea that they stand for a certain world view- in Homme's case the idea that he's some sort of rock n' roll animal, which is what I find weird about hiring him to do kids story-telling. (Maybe it's a bit like Thom Yorke doing a Pepsi advert, it would be just a perverse choice for all concerned). In comparison, Stephen Graham's public image, beyond maybe sort of working-class-ness, is a lot more vague.

jobotic

Graham did a decent job when he read the story. My then toddler son wasn't bothered that I'd seen him* killing someone while dressed as Al Capone the night before.

* Graham, not toddler son.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: thecuriousorange on September 10, 2021, 01:21:24 PM

https://www.nme.com/news/music/queens-of-the-stone-age-146-1326489

He's a charmer.

Also the event in video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfZm32tpWY8

Famous Mortimer

That is an absolutely pathetic justification, although "maybe I actually wanted to butt-fuck him, checkmate homophobes" is something I would not expect out of an adult's mouth when responding to this sort of allegation.

non capisco

Had to laugh at "do what the great philosopher Bill Hick's suggested". What a fucking prong.

kngen

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 10, 2021, 01:29:47 PM
Only today fully appreciated the fact that Brody was 16 when she got together with a 30-year-old Rancid singer Tim Armstrong, the dorty focker

I knew a woman that was part of the same scene as Brody in Melbourne, and insisted that: 1) her 'gutterpunk' upbringing was a total fabrication, as she was a graduate of some posh stage school or other; and 2) she made no attempt to disguise that the top of her 'to do' list was always hooking up with some big-name US punk type and moving to America. Poundshop Joe Strummer just happened to be there at the right time.

The woman I knew was a piece of work herself, so who knows what to believe. Josh Homme seems like a colossal bellend anyway, so I've no difficulty believing what he's accused of, regardless of Brody's provenance.

chveik

iamcoop

Many many years ago he came across as being smart and funny and a lot more genuine than most other people in his field but he's come across as nothing more than a completely smug cunt that's believed his own hype for a decade now so I'm not surprised. Plus the whole "I nearly died during a knee operation" thing that Like Clockwork was supposedly inspired by turned out to be a fabrication and in reality he'd had some sort of overdose or something, which is behaviour that  suggests he's a massive narcissist trying to hide is own failings after publicly and messily sacking his band mate due to substance issues and unruly behaviour.

It's a shame as I think Kyuss/the first 4 QOTSA albums are genuinely timeless and fantastic and I used to worship him when I was a guitar obsessed teenager but I've found him to be utterly unpleasant for years now. And his music these days is completely rubbish.

Speaking as a longtime Kyuss and QOTSA fan I've looked upon him as being a cunt for a long time. First time I really noticed it was when I realised that after watching him at a gig picking on a guy who he said was throwing stuff, I saw some other filmed gigs and he did the same thing at a number of them. He was just using his power on stage to lord it over some poor cunt who had maybe thrown a paper cup on stage. After that came all the other allegations of cuntery and I stopped being interested in QOTSA stuff after that. Quite often I can overlook some aspects of an artists personality but I find if I've admired them and then they shit in their copybook, I can't really ignore it for some reason.

willbo

GoblinAhFuckScary

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Fucking hell.

I similarly had thought he was a bit of a wanker for some time, but this is a whole other level of nastiness. One reason that I could continue listening to Kyuss  and QOTSA (when they were worth listening to) with a relatively clear conscience was that Oliveri was kicked out. Wanker though he may be, at least Homme seemed to have some standards.

Cold Meat Platter

Have you noticed how much he looks like trump now?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on September 10, 2021, 01:44:17 PM
He's not without his good points though, "as well as verbally abusing fellow performers Muse"

Came here to post that

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on September 10, 2021, 07:39:01 PM

Also the event in video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfZm32tpWY8

If he's like that when been filmed, imagine what he's like in the privacy of his own home after a few?

Or maybe he's one of those bullies who likes the audience?

The Mollusk