Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:10:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I hear you're a child abuser now, Josh Homme

Started by The Mollusk, September 10, 2021, 01:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Cuellar on September 24, 2021, 01:07:02 PM
HOW TO GET JOSH HOMME'S GUITAR TONE SUPER SECRET TIP

Buy a distortion pedal

Don't forget the amp! In fact some amps have an overdrive setting, so maybe you could try that?

Anyway thanks for stopping buy, don't forget to get security to hold the subscribe button's arms back while you boot it in the face

gilbertharding

Apparently Brody Dalle is Taskmaster's Morgana Robinson's half sister.

Small world, innit?

kngen

There were some quite nice super oversaturated tones that sounded they were DI'ed and then overdriven on the desk on the first LP, but I lost interest after that, so I'm just going to assume that he stopping doing anything interesting and plays a 5150 with everything on 5, like a twat.

PlanktonSideburns

I would agree with that, they are quite nice.

The Mollusk

First album is the best QOTSA by a country mile. The robotic chugging outro to "Walkin on the Sidewalks" is fucking superb, they never bested that sound.

Even just going on their page on Spotify and seeing Homme's cunt face as the brand stamped on everything is repugnant. It's hilarious that he thinks he's that cool.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Cuellar on September 24, 2021, 01:07:02 PM
HOW TO GET JOSH HOMME'S GUITAR TONE SUPER SECRET TIP

Buy a distortion pedal
punch your child's genitals

Cold Meat Platter

Back in the day I was led to believe that Kyuss' 'Blues for the Red Sun' was an essential classic and I bought it. John Garcia's vocals are total pub singer shit and it's tedious.

idunnosomename

best thing QotSA ever did was the cover of Precious and Grace. And that's only because it has Billy Gibbons on vocal and guitar.

Homme was also an enormous cunt about the rest of the band touring as "Kyuss Lives!".  should probably do the decent thing and die.

while he says he turns down loads of money to reform Kyuss, surely QotSA is worth way more as a brand than Kyuss these days? like before lockdown I heard No One Knows in a rock club and the kids loved it. not gonna play Demon Cleaner are they.

The Mollusk

The first inkling I got that Homme was a total wand was when he re-recorded Born to Hula for the deluxe Rated R and completely ruined it. The original is this big sludgy churning machine and the new version is polished up overindulgent shite. Almost as bad as punching your kid in the nuts if you ask me.

Old version: https://youtu.be/Skx4BsTKs9M

New version fuck off: https://youtu.be/8zxQojBw0Uw

Kankurette

The Eagles of Death Metal aren't even death metal.

Johnny Yesno

Clownbaby

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 19, 2021, 03:39:17 PM
You think I ain't worth a dollar, but I feel like grabbing my son's testicles as a display of dominant intimidation.

As a long time Queens fan I was feeling a bit miserable about this trainwreck of a divorce, but this slayed me for some reason haha

I was getting sneaking alarm bells something was up with the kids, when Homme set up a suspiciously cute Instagram full of wholesome posts of his kids hanging out with him. Nothing ever actually seemed untoward in any of the posts. I even thought many of them were sweet, but in the back of my mind I was thinking hmmm Josh Homme, who is known for being arch about his own life and talks in circles and metaphors, is now sprawling his kids all over social media right when there's a well documented crisis in his life... Alright mate

Things seem to be pointing to it being a vicious divorce he said/she said with them both using the kids against eachother. Honestly the pair of them seem to be equally volatile and they're both going to lose them if they're not careful.

He's deleted the account now. Don't people always say, if you're constantly showing off how lovely your life is on social media, chances are it isn't

PlanktonSideburns

The title of this thread cuts off at the word josh, and I keep forgetting and thinking this about josh widdocombe

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on October 07, 2021, 12:17:04 PMThe title of this thread cuts off at the word josh, and I keep forgetting and thinking this about josh widdocombe

I bet Josh Widdicombe's children could probably beat the shit out of him.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on October 07, 2021, 12:51:49 PM

^ It's a LOL from me, Clive. 😂

amateur

From Popbitch:

QuoteThe judge who extended a restraining order against Queens of the Stone Age singer Josh Homme last week was Senior Court Judge Lawrence Riff.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on October 07, 2021, 12:51:49 PM
And should

ElTwopo

QOTSA biggest hit (No One Knows) is basically Swampsnake by The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, isn't it?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uC13XXzrAI&ab_channel=ThePnutNo2

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: ElTwopo on October 08, 2021, 09:15:08 PM
QOTSA biggest hit (No One Knows) is basically Swampsnake by The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, isn't it?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uC13XXzrAI&ab_channel=ThePnutNo2

It wasn't Josh's kids biggest hit.

iamcoop

Didn't think it warranted starting a new thread but the new QOTSA album is "available" and......I think it's quite good. (Cue loads of people saying it's shit and calling me a cunt which is why I love this forum).

Obviously never gonna be on a par with the first four albums but the production is great and it sort of harks back to some of their earlier stuff.

Absolutely monumental divorced vibes from the lyrics though. We get it mate!

dontpaintyourteeth

iamcoop

dontpaintyourteeth

iamcoop

Mind you Villains was so shit it made me viscerally angry and I fucking hated Like Clockwork too so it's not a high bar.

dontpaintyourteeth

I can't remember a single song off either of those

The Mollusk

Just had a listen to Emotion Sickness. Gotta hand it to the horrible cunt, that's the most fresh and creative they've sounded in a while. Quite a lot going on, all the noteworthy different hooks slot together well and there's a good mix of hard rock chug and melodic psych.

Negative aspects, aside from Homme being a horrible cunt: His annoying affected vocals where a few times he was veering into Bryan Ferry/bloke from Electric Six levels of camp. And a problem I've noticed with a lot of their stuff is that the production is really ugly. It's hard to describe but it's sort of thin and thick in all the wrong places? It sounds like everything was recorded in a small kitchen, really cannot get on with that at all.

Anyway you should have started a new thread for this but it's funny that there's chat about his new album preceded by five pages of "this guy's a fuckin twat"