Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:38:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sugar Horse - The Live Long After

Started by boki, September 10, 2021, 01:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boki

Been meaning to start this thread since the album came out a couple of weeks ago, but was going to hold out until I'd given it a good few properly attentive listen and amassed a bunch of useful thoughts about it, but that's not really something I'm very good at, so it's dead good and you should check it out.

Been following these chaps since I saw them supporting Vennart a couple of years ago, and over the course two EPs and now this album, they've just kept getting better.  If you like your heavy music with plenty of dynamics and more than a hint of eighties alternative (not just the obligatory shoegaze influences, but also a fair bit of goth), I think you'll dig it.  Despite most of the songs being long, nothing outstays its welcome; maybe it helps that the album starts with its three shortest tracks to ease the listener in, but anyway here's Phil Spector In Hell.