Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:27:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

they’ve banned beaks :-(

Started by hamfist, September 10, 2021, 06:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hamfist

all birds have to hAnd in their beaks by sunday night.

any beaks after that will be confiscated.

do not try to slide beaks round the back to hide them, they know that dodge.

Replies From View

We all knew this was on the way.  Only a matter of time before cloacas are forbidden too

poo

Replies From View

Squids as well.  All the fossilised squid beaks you find along the Jurassic Coast:  banned mate

popcorn

Poobum

We're going to be inundated with unmunched seeds. We will simply drown in millet.

Replies From View

Better get mulching hadn't you then

hamfist

Quote from: poo on September 10, 2021, 07:59:16 PM
Does this apply to pterosaurs??

they say 'avians', this gov is confusing at the best of times. would advise playing it safe and removing the beaks.

Replies From View

I can't see what bottled water has to do with any of this.  neither a screw top lid nor a 'sports flippo top' lid is anything like a beak

Ferris

pancreas

You misunderstood. They've banned magistrates. I don't know what to make of it, though.

hamfist

Quote from: pancreas on September 11, 2021, 04:18:24 AM
You misunderstood. They've banned magistrates. I don't know what to make of it, though.

Not quite, the issue was that a high court judge took offence at being called "The Beak" and only went and #cancelled #beaks.

The public is rightly outraged. Residents of Derbyshire have used esoteric local byelaws to rename their national park "The Beak District" in protest. Famous actor Maxine has changed her surname by deed poll to Beake in solidarity. My local walking group are doing the "3-Beaks Challenge" this weekend to raise awareness.

idunnosomename

This is terrible news. I adore beaks. I will write immediately to my MP (Mbeeak, like a bird's beak)