Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:55:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Favourite Scenes / Shots / Stills, etc

Started by Small Man Big Horse, September 11, 2021, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Every so often when I'm watching a film I'm so captivated or amused by an image that I take a screengrab, and thought I'd post a few here, and I'd be really interested if others shared their favourite moments too, or anything which vaguely entertained you for that matter. Though it's probably best to suggest that they shouldn't be from the final half hour of a movie for spoiler reasons...

Ride Your Wave

Love On Delivery

The Three Veterans

Delhi Belly

Sita Sings The Blues

Godzilla

The Three Caballeros

Hum Apke Hain Koun

Sixty Million Dollar Man

My Neighbor Totoro

Sylvio

Deliciousbass

Linda Linda Linda

Bright Future

Paperhouse (not Japanese)

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Deliciousbass on September 11, 2021, 08:31:00 PM
Paperhouse (not Japanese)

Aw man, I haven't thought about that movie in years but I absolutely loved it as a teenager, and really should revisit it soon to see how I get on with it now.

Deliciousbass

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 11, 2021, 08:47:10 PM
Aw man, I haven't thought about that movie in years but I absolutely loved it as a teenager, and really should revisit it soon to see how I get on with it now.

Not to put you off or naught, but I didn't think it really held up... thought there were some great moments and ideas but the story doesn't hold up at all. Still, I love how weird the trailer is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TcXGs6-u1w&ab_channel=LionsgateUKMovies

Also not really on topic but in terms of single moments in films / anime, I've always loved this panel:

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Deliciousbass on September 11, 2021, 08:54:19 PM
Not to put you off or naught, but I didn't think it really held up... thought there were some great moments and ideas but the story doesn't hold up at all. Still, I love how weird the trailer is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TcXGs6-u1w&ab_channel=LionsgateUKMovies

Ah, that's a shame, I still will watch it at some point but will probably put it on the backburner for now.

Pink Gregory

It's mainly about the spoken line, but it's a moment of great catharsis

Egyptian Feast

Hausu was the first film that came to mind. A small selection of the visual delights crammed into this masterpiece.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Pink Gregory on September 12, 2021, 08:21:29 AM
It's mainly about the spoken line, but it's a moment of great catharsis

I think Tetsuo: The Iron Man was the first Japanese film I ever saw, and it's something I should watch again as I loved it enormously at the time.

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on September 12, 2021, 02:12:52 PM
Hausu was the first film that came to mind. A small selection of the visual delights crammed into this masterpiece.

That's a film I love deeply and almost included, though for some reason the only pic I had on my hard drive was of some severed fingers playing the piano, and I was too lazy to look for more at the time, but that really is a fantastic selection which show off just why it's so special.

Marfa's Dream in Eisenstein's The General Line (1929):

Masks from Maya Deren's Divine Horsemen: The Living Gods of Haiti (1947-1954):

"An Ort und Stelle - Jazz in Kopenhagen", a German television documentary showing people watching Dexter Gordon, Lars Gullin and Sahib Shihab in Jazzhus Montmarte in 1962:

The Mollusk

Night of the Hunter's dark, beguiling and weird cinematography will be forever seared into my memory.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Smeraldina Rima on September 12, 2021, 03:19:33 PM
Marfa's Dream in Eisenstein's The General Line (1929):
Masks from Maya Deren's Divine Horsemen: The Living Gods of Haiti (1947-1954):
"An Ort und Stelle - Jazz in Kopenhagen", a German television documentary showing people watching Dexter Gordon, Lars Gullin and Sahib Shihab in Jazzhus Montmarte in 1962:

Some lovely stuff there and I'm intrigued by all three, so will have to watch them soon.

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 12, 2021, 05:33:39 PM
Night of the Hunter's dark, beguiling and weird cinematography will be forever seared into my memory.

That's been on my hard drive for almost a year now and it's insane I haven't got round to watching it yet, but I definitely will do this week as I don't think I've ever met anyone who's seen it who hasn't praised it.

The Beast Pageant (2010) - And this is one of the less unusual moments...

Dr Rock

Dr Rock

madhair60

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 12, 2021, 02:29:52 PM
I think Tetsuo: The Iron Man was the first Japanese film I ever saw, and it's something I should watch again as I loved it enormously at the time.

That's a film I love deeply and almost included, though for some reason the only pic I had on my hard drive was of some severed fingers playing the piano, and I was too lazy to look for more at the time, but that really is a fantastic selection which show off just why it's so special.

Would love to read you review the tetsuo trilogy, and maybe Tokyo fist also

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on September 12, 2021, 09:28:00 PM
Would love to read you review the tetsuo trilogy, and maybe Tokyo fist also

Blimey, I had no idea it was a trilogy now, I saw the second one when it originally came out but news of the third completely passed me by. So I think I'll definitely have to revisit them now as my memories are so vague, and I'll check out Tokyo Fist too.

Gregory Torso

Chungking Express

Inferno

Tokyo Gore Police

El Dia de la Bestia

Observe And Report

Small Man Big Horse

Small Man Big Horse

That's really appreciated, I was sure I recognised El Dia de la Bestia but for the life of me couldn't remember from where!

Brundle-Fly

studpuppet

As we were talking about Come And See elsewhere at the moment:

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 12, 2021, 09:38:33 PM
Blimey, I had no idea it was a trilogy now, I saw the second one when it originally came out but news of the third completely passed me by. So I think I'll definitely have to revisit them now as my memories are so vague, and I'll check out Tokyo Fist too.

Lovely! I remember thinking that Tokyo fist was really something, like an anti fight club, but it's been a while. His film A Snake In June I found to be totally rank tho, and made me question the quality of all his previous work, so maybe skip that one

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: studpuppet on September 13, 2021, 06:07:16 PM
As we were talking about Come And See elsewhere at the moment:

Christ, you must be a real ray of sunshine, stud. ; )

studpuppet

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on September 13, 2021, 07:06:21 PM
Christ, you must be a real ray of sunshine, stud. ; )

I took favourite to mean, "those images that are seared into your skull and appear to you unbidden in the middle of the night".