Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,401
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:19:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

No sir, I can’t boogie (because I’m dead)

Started by Twit 2, September 13, 2021, 11:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbertharding

Ah yes - I saw this on the Guardian website last night. I see that the sub editors have now plucked up the courage to identify which of the two she was - yesterday the reader was left wondering if it was black dress Baccara or white dress Baccara who'd carked it.

This is nice too:

QuoteMendiola, who was one half of the Spanish duo, was best known for her rendition of the hit song. She died in Madrid surrounded by her family on Saturday morning at the age of 69. Cristina Sevilla, her partner in a later iteration of the group, expressed her gratitude on social media in a message written in Spanish.

"My dear Maria, a wonderful artist but for me above all my friend, left us today," she wrote on Instagram in Spanish. "I can only thank her [for] so much love I have received from her."

lankyguy95

Louis Theroux clears his diary in preparation to take over.

kalowski

Dr Rock

Aw, love Baccara. Only know that song though. Fancied both of them. The best bit of the song is

QuoteYes sir, already told you in the first verse and in the chorus,
But I will give you one more chance...

RIP Pop Pickle x

gilbertharding

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: gilbertharding on September 13, 2021, 11:44:50 AM
Nobody remembers 'Sorry I'm a Lady' then?

# but I have to be, I have to be....just a little shady (Etc.)#

No googling there, either. This was the follow up single, and did fairly well, IIRC. They were definitely done after that, though.

Sorry, I'm a-laid to rest ( said with slight Italian accent).

gilbertharding

Pauline Walnuts

Dusty Substance

Is there a sexier pop song than 'Yes Sir, I Can Boogie'? If there are, there can't be many*

* That isn't sung by Donna Summer, of course.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: gilbertharding on September 13, 2021, 12:03:55 PM
Spanish for fuck's sake.

No, I mean you have to say that line with an Italian accent to get it to work properly ( " a-laid" instead of " laid").

Pauline Walnuts

A Baccara released this a couple of months ago, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK-_hYdZdfI

I'm having trouble following the different versions of Baccara to be honest, it's a bit like the two versions of Faust. In some ways.

itsfredtitmus

Deliciousbass

imitationleather

As others have said, that's a great thread title.

Dr Rock

If I was her I'd want it on my gravestone. I'm not her, mind.

Nowhere Man

DrGreggles