Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:01:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I eat the same thing for lunch every day

Started by The Mollusk, September 13, 2021, 12:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on September 13, 2021, 12:38:37 PM
Why not have a tuna sandwich and a chicken salad?

It's not been written into my programming by my creator yet.

madhair60

why not have a cum sandwich and the bread is my arse cheeks???

Ferris

I used to eat the same thing every day for about 6 months but then the people at the salad place got too friendly with me and used to make my order ahead of time and call me by my first name so that was the end of that.

Moved onto a sushi place, same thing happened after 6 months; DROPPED.

Now it is lockdown and I just eat whatever is lying around. Birdseed, mouse tods, bits of screwdrivers, whatever.

Buelligan

Found out recently (in conversation) that my brother (who lives in another country and I haven't seen for about four years) and I eat the same lunch as each other every day.  Maybe, we are compelled to do this because of our genetics.  It's the same lunch as The Mollusk eats only swapping the vegan ham for cheese.  I also eat the same thing for breakfast each morning (croissant). 

The main reason, in my case, the main two reasons in my case, are - can only shop once a week and worry about inconveniencing my lift, so never browse, can never search or dally, just grab what I always grab and be glad.  Also, very little choice at only available shop.  And, resent spending my life thinking about food when I don't have to.

Ferris

Quote from: Buelligan on September 13, 2021, 01:41:57 PM
resent spending my life thinking about food when I don't have to.

The same reason I have not paired my socks together out of a washing machine and never will. If they match or don't, who would know or care?

What a monumental waste of life.

Buelligan

Agreed.  I also do this a bit with sleeping - it seems such a waste of time - though, when I do it, I really do it.  Just lie down and completely sleep.  Just like that.  *clicks fingers, salutes and winks to camera all in one effortless and yet graceful and endearing, move*

Butchers Blind

I usually eat what people at work have taken in and put in the shared fridge. "Ooo, Linda's brought in a pasta salad. Nice". "Sandra's got a chicken curry, lovely". "No, sorry Karina, I don't know who ate your chinese and threw the tuppaware in the bin".

Buelligan

Are you Alan from Modern Toss?

In France, we say Tewpeurrrwhaar, btw.  I'm not even joking, even if we throw it in the bin.

seepage

Another vote for Hovis Seed Sensations. The more commonly-available Warburtons Seeded tastes stale as soon as you open the packet. Nowhere 'round my way seems to stock just good ol' [Partridge]Granary[/Partridge] anymore, although Hovis, for one, still appear to make it.

Icehaven

Hasn't done this bloke any harm.
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/apr/16/experience-ive-had-the-same-supper-for-10-years

Although he's had several strokes, so maybe it has. Also he's 72 and only started this routine ten years ago so I wonder what he ate for the previous 62 years?

TrenterPercenter

Imagine, resenting the imaginary people in your head you imagine to be giving a shit about what you have for breakfast.  Imagine then committing that into writing on a little known comedy forum.  Imagine the monumental waste of time, the seconds lost that could be spent on doing all the super cool things you are doing all of the rest of the time.

I stopped going to the toilet a few years ago, I just shit where I stand now, I really can't afford to waste any more time away from doing all the incredibly cool things I'm doing second by second, I'm already time poor from all the seconds spent thinking about what to have for dinner.

TrenterPercenter

Thinking about petitioning my MP to force pizzerias to only be allowed to make the simplest, most time efficient pizza flavour, Margherita, so that I'm never losing seconds thinking about water-skiing with Opus III.

madhair60

I only eat one thing, and I'm pretty sure all the ladies of CaB know what that is. ;)

Spoiler alert
(Wotsits)
[close]

jobotic

Spoiler alert
Lady Wotsits?
[close]

You dirty dog, you

Buelligan

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on September 13, 2021, 02:12:52 PM
Thinking about petitioning my MP to force pizzerias to only be allowed to make the simplest, most time efficient pizza flavour, Margherita, so that I'm never losing seconds thinking about water-skiing with Opus III.

Nice one.

Cuellar

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Buelligan on September 13, 2021, 02:21:10 PM
Nice one.

Sorry I've not got time to click on that it would waste precious seconds I could be spending thinking about being in a Bodyform advert.

canadagoose

I used to be very fond of coronation chicken from the Baguette Express when I was at school. A baguette with that on it for £1.30* Perfect. Pre-made mixes just don't compare.

These days I could easily eat tuna mayo + spinach + red onions every day. It's my usual when I go to Subway.

*I thought it was £1.80 but I think it was 50p for the can of juice

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Buelligan on September 13, 2021, 02:28:46 PM
Yeah?

Imagine having the time to add hyperlinks that no one is going to click on, you'll regret this when you are old and knackered; quick get out there and think about potholing with Terry Christian and Normski.

JaDanketies

I used to manage the Facebook page for a very popular 'rice n' three' curry house in Manchester City Centre, and every working day (and many weekends) I would go there and eat a curry for my 'lunch' (aka dinner) by way of payment. Good times.

Moved out of the city centre and quit my old job when we had a kid two years ago, but they still give me a free curry depending on if the person working the till recognises me.

imitationleather

Until there was all that stuff about Pret closing down because there weren't people in offices buying their sandwiches at lunchtime I'd never really thought about how there are huge numbers of people who buy that stuff every single day. Man, I wish I earned enough to spunk that much lolly on average sandwiches. Even if I did I think when I totalled it all up I'd wince a bit though.

I thought Mollusk's sandwich sounded nice. Breakfast and lunch are about getting through the day, dinner is where the enjoyment is.

TrenterPercenter

Variety isn't the spice of life; in fact I think spices are an unnecessary distraction.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: icehaven on September 13, 2021, 02:07:24 PM
Hasn't done this bloke any harm.
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/apr/16/experience-ive-had-the-same-supper-for-10-years

Although he's had several strokes, so maybe it has. Also he's 72 and only started this routine ten years ago so I wonder what he ate for the previous 62 years?

Didn't the man who invented instant noodles claim that he lived to be many many many years old by eating nothing other than instant noodles his whole life?

Mr_Simnock

Some parts of my life are very regular, poo's at 10am, oatibix for breakfast and wednesday/friday night wine, but for all other meals outside of breakfast I need change as much as possible

shiftwork2

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on September 13, 2021, 03:20:58 PM
Some parts of my life are very regular, poo's at 10am,

Uh oh, I think we got ourselves a work shitter.

Mr_Simnock

Replies From View

QuoteI eat the same thing for lunch every day

Doesn't it eventually go mouldy?