Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:58:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bridget Christie: Who am I?

Started by Tony Yeboah, September 13, 2021, 04:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Yeboah

Her tour appears to have been postponed the day after it was officially launched. Hope she's OK.

Magnum Valentino

Where'd you hear that Tony, don't see it on her site or Twitter.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Oddly one venue is saying her whole tour is being cancelled https://www.facebook.com/comedyhall/ while another is saying her gig has been moved from 20 September 2021 to 12 October 2021 because of Covid https://www.theatreroyalwinchester.co.uk/whats-on/bridget-christie-who-am-i .

PlanktonSideburns

Ah bums was gonna catch her in Aberystwyth

Ingsoc

5/10/21 date cancelled: https://www.octagon-theatre.co.uk/whats-on/comedy/bridget-christie-who-am-i/8266?m=10&y=2021

She wouldn't be the only person struggling with low ticket sales at the moment.

Magnum Valentino

She has a series on BBC Sounds at the moment in case youse missed it.

Bigfella

She was supposed to be on Loose Ends the other day, but they seemed to have a replacement guest.  If it was explained, I didn't catch it.  Best wishes to her if there's a problem.  I enjoy her radio stuff and she has a charming farmer accent.  West country?

Magnum Valentino

Hank_Kingsley

November Cambridge shows postponed until March 2022. Hope she's okay.

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on September 13, 2021, 07:13:31 PM
Stewart Lee's better half?

Actually, that'll be the second half, where he pulls all the strands together and has a climactic meltdown.

PlanktonSideburns

Been told (by promoters of one of the cancelled venues) it was a combination of low ticket sales (as is the case with everything rn) and another opportunity coming up.

Beagle 2

I saw this last night - in a packed theatre so hopefully it has all gone well since the rescheduling. I really enjoyed it, the first half was fairly well-trodden ground about the hell of parenthood, but done well, and I'm very much the target demographic for that sort of material. That sets up the menopause-focused second half. 

I've seen her a few times and it's always been a very different experience, she seems capable of any kind of comedy really, so it flits around from clowning to jokes to stories to social commentary, with a bit of experimentation where she clearly has some license to switch it up night by night. It did make me consider my own ignorance about a few things as a man, but there was a joke at the end of everything, even when recounting very unpleasant things. I'll definitely be checking out The Change.

It ends on a positive note and for a comedian heading towards the end of a tour she looked incredibly healthy and energetic, so it was life-affirming stuff all in all.   

Magnum Valentino

Yeah it's a great show, I've been listening back to her radio shows (all bundled on Audible and Spotify for those who have them) and she makes me laugh more than probably any other living comedian.

The Change is by far the worst of her output, but also the most important probably, in terms of how her career will be reflected upon when we're all dead and gone.

PlanktonSideburns

Yea this was dead good, super high gag rate, genuinley thoughtful but never had to stop being funny to do so