Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:21:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Signage, newspaper headlines and text gags in Bojack Horseman

Started by Petey Pate, September 13, 2021, 04:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petey Pate

I feel like Bojack picked up the torch of 'sign gags' from The Simpsons and ran with it more than any other show. It also seems to take advantage knowing that people can pause Netflix to read what's on the screen more so than other recent comedies.

I love the reoccurring joke of Mr Peanutbutter's banners featuring his instructions to the sign company. A lesser show could have made a bigger point out of this being a joke, but it's funnier that none of the characters directly address it.

neveragain

Bojack's sublime. Those sign jokes always reminded me of Arrested Development's constantly re-purposed living room banner.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

A personal favourite is the L.A. Gazette's customer information screen from Stop the Presses, listing Bojack's breed, colour, markings, conformation, temperament, tack preference, sire and dam. There aren't a whole lot of jokes that rest on Bojack being/behaving like a horse.