Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,484
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:22:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Transformers: The Movie (1984)

Started by Chedney Honks, September 13, 2021, 07:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Quote from: popcorn on September 16, 2021, 03:39:13 PMThe hair metal version of the TF theme is kind of blandified though, it's reduced to straight 4/4. By far the most interesting part of the original theme is when it does the cartoon "autobots wage their battles to" descending bit with the odd time changes and then the key change and the brief "more than meets the eye" melody.

While I really like the hair metal version, godder derdamn the original is one hell of a tune. Zero fat, total mother fucker.

https://youtu.be/Y1ujpoDlgRU

Those pulsing stabs, then that weeping guitar line which becomes increasingly difficult to pick harmonically, but who gives one, you suddenly got the TRANSFORMERS... MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE...You think it's gonna repeat. Nope. Straight into the weird descending Autobots hook, which is a monster, but OK, now it's time to let the chords breathe a bit, let the down beat catch u-TRANSFORMERS... no way. Keep the refrained looping, add in more robotic voices, finish just as you get a handle on the melody and chords.

That's how all theme tunes should be. Zero overstay ever.

popcorn

It's a fantastically demented composition.

I really like the second series version of it too, very funky syncopated intro.

monkfromhavana

Got this on VHS for Christmas whenever it was released but haven't watched it in years. Pretty sure I'd still love it though. Megatron's voice is amazing.

No...wait, I have been confused. I have never seen this, I was thinking of the original mini-series that was edited together. The one which starts on Cybertron, but then they go to Earth and crashland etc etc. Racing around trying to fill Energon Cubes.

To this day, I still think my idea of a spin-off set on Cybertron, film noir-style, where Prime is a trenchcoated Philip Marlowe-esque gumshoe solving crimes on the wrong side of the tracks is a fantastic idea

"Transformers!! Robots SOLVING CRIMES"

You just made me remember Dick Spanner, P.I. Thank you :D

I bet that holds up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_quwZXkwiE