Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:25:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Fawlty Towers Show

Started by popcorn, September 14, 2021, 04:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Will it work on my Garmin GPSMAP 65s?

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: popcorn on September 14, 2021, 04:28:03 PM

The real Basil would be too classy to wear a ring on his little finger. Should be £740.

Fambo Number Mive

The video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUVlv6R1J4o

It's got that annoying "fake jolly posh person" narrating it.

I see one group went there for someone's 75th birthday.

"The SHOW begins in the BAR where the AUDIENCE are GREETED by the CHARACTERS"

Ferris

Glebe

Charlie Higson strangles a moustachioed Ernie Wise while Nadia Sawalha looks on.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 14, 2021, 04:49:00 PM
The video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUVlv6R1J4o

It's got that annoying "fake jolly posh person" narrating it.

I see one group went there for someone's 75th birthday.

"The SHOW begins in the BAR where the AUDIENCE are GREETED by the CHARACTERS"

Manuel accidentally slips in to a Vic Reeves impersonation, one of the diners is very keen to fist the goosestepping Basil, confused old man in background can't work out why he can't just have his dinner in peace.

Drunk man tries to read script about how good it was being bought this for his "old age pension birthday"
Manuel as Vic Reeves (again) encounters a bosom.

how is it partly improvised by the cast when they're copying jokes off the telly?
How can this be a unique dining experience when it's been done before?
Guess none of these type of things manged to copyright the phrase "dining experience"?

Not made up for HSart but genuinely from the video description
"The CHEF'S DRUNK, there's a RAT on the loose, the HEALTH INSPECTOR is on his way and a GNOME has just turned up in the restaurant.
Basil only manages to make matters worse, Sybil has been hitting the brandy and Manuel is... Well, he's just Manuel.  Fire drills, Germans, kippers and corpses. With everything building to a typically Fawlty Towers climax. Just don't mention the war! "

when the fuck was  there a Faulty Towers episode with a gnome? Did glebe write this?

Replies From View

It's the episode called One Foot In The Grave: Gnome Episode

Quote from: jenna appleseed on September 16, 2021, 09:40:49 PMone of the diners is very keen to fist the goosestepping Basil

They're all fisting daft. Read their lips.

Wonderful Butternut

I managed to watch a whole 45 seconds of that vid.

Replies From View

idunnosomename

Old age pension birthday man was fucking wasted so it seems like you can get plenty of booze

Replies From View

I love how the testimonials throughout all of these unique £840 experiences, whether Fawlty towers, one foot in the grave, only fools and horses or some mothers half hot 'em are identical statements over and over again from drunken idiots claiming to have had the time of their lives

Someone should edit all the testimonials into one video, and when I say "someone" I mean specifically you

Fambo Number Mive

There should be an episode of Dr Who about a sinister comedy dining show where the audience are unable to escape, or something like that.

Glebe

I hope stupid Manuel causes all sorts of larks in his usual inimitable manner!

Replies From View

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 17, 2021, 03:52:36 PM
There should be an episode of Dr Who about a sinister comedy dining show where the audience are unable to escape, or something like that.

The Sylvester McCoy era would handle it well.

Cuellar

I've been to this and it was fantastic, a really great night out.

idunnosomename

They should do a Jam dining experience

frajer

Quote from: Glebe on September 16, 2021, 02:21:23 PM
Charlie Higson strangles a moustachioed Ernie Wise while Nadia Sawalha looks on.

Phwoar! Take my £840 now!

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 17, 2021, 05:16:12 PM
They should do a Jam dining experience

Eating a curry in a tube station at midnight?

Ferris

(that's probably the funniest thing I've ever written on here, and it so niche it will get no traction at all. desolation.)

jenna appleseed

idunnosomename

Tribute band dining experiences would be something. They like Led Zeppelin play for you but also serve you a three-course meal. They also shove some fish into a groupie's fanny and stuff.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Bet they don't do that bit about the cricketers.

Glebe

Idiot Trigger says stupid things in his own inimitable fashion!