Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:55:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Soul Craft by Bad Brains is the greatest

Started by lankyguy95, September 14, 2021, 05:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lankyguy95

What's better? Fucking nothing, that's what.

THAT RIFF. The untameable vocal performance ("LIFE AND CREEAAAAAAAATIIIOOOOOOON.... YEAH!"), the drums, the guitar sound. That riff again. Great production too...sounds exactly how it should. Love the chorus so much but the verses are so good that it might fit into that "Songs where the verses are better than the chorus" thread from the other week.

Did I mention the riff?

Swoz_MK

The entire first Deftones album condensed into one song.
Fucking cracker, but I haven't listened to anything other than the first two BB records in donkeys. Quickness will get a thorough going over tonight.

cosmic-hearse

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5NAPYIMMbWQ

Their gig at CBGBs on Christmas Day 1982 looks like the greatest gig ever.

Not really into their rockier later recordings, but Rock for Light & the ROIR cassette are untouchable.

kngen

Shame the rest of the album [nb]also, the horrible homophobic shite[/nb]couldn't remotely match that song, because it is indeed a cracker. Was a fine day when I finally learned to play that riff. Sore on the wrist though. Then I saw Dr Know play it like he was merely brushing dust off the neck of his guitar. Some guy...

lankyguy95

I pre-ordered a limited edition splatter vinyl of Quickness last month.

Quote from: Swoz_MK on September 14, 2021, 05:33:59 PM
The entire first Deftones album condensed into one song.
When Deftones got signed to Maverick, Guy Oseary apparently asked Chino who his favourite artists were and Chino told him "Currently it's Bad Brains and Sade." And it's funny because you can genuinely hear both those influences in that music.