Author Topic: Racism "objectively justified" in this godawful shithole country  (Read 929 times)

Re: Racism "objectively justified" in this godawful shithole country
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 09:21:30 AM »
We're already down it. Run by Eton Orbans

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 11:41:10 AM »
There's nothing to say, is there?  I mean, all those fucks who go on endlessly about how plucky little Britain stood up to fascism.  Yup.  But we must keep saying it, we must never stop.

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 09:50:46 PM »
Blacks are far more likely to die in prison than whites (Institute of Race Relations) - over half of all deaths despite blacks being 13% of the prison population - so the argument that we need to lock up all the black people to stop them killing each other really doesn't carry much water.

bgmnts

• Depressed to the point of poisonous toxicity.
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 11:12:17 PM »
To be fair though.

Shit Good Nose

• Several bags of balls
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 11:16:15 PM »
Genuine question - is there a country where racism isn't objectively justified?  Having family and friends living in each I know Italy, Poland and France (obvs) are very much the same, if not worse in some areas.  I won't even mention that big country to the far West...

Canada?  Japan?  What's Germany like these days?  New Zealand?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 11:50:42 PM by Shit Good Nose »

chveik

• crazy bit of business
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 12:13:22 AM »
i don't think there's a country in the world that is immune from it, even in the remaining werstern liberal/social democratic countries

Canada?  Japan?  What's Germany like these days?  New Zealand?

not hard to find current examples in the treatment of the indigenous population/ainus or south korean expats/migrants from the middle east/maoris etc. there

BUT this is forum where most people live in the godawful shithole country that is UK so such thread makes sense

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 09:49:02 AM »
Genuine question - is there a country where racism isn't objectively justified?

Racism exists everywhere, of course. But I'd imagine there are plenty of countries where the government doesn't put out official documents saying that discrimination against black people is objectively justified.

thenoise

• Golden Member
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 09:56:30 AM »
So police are more likely to find illicit goods on black people when they stop and search black people a disproportionately high amount? Well that certainly demonstrates something.

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 09:57:22 AM »
Racism exists everywhere, of course. But I'd imagine there are plenty of countries where the government doesn't put out official documents saying that discrimination against black people is objectively justified.

Surely, as long as there's a single shitty country on the planet doing something bad, the UK is off the hook?  Britons can go back to sleep in the sweet sweet knowledge that China is worse at pumping out global warming shit[1] and Saudi Arabia is nastier to women.  Simples.
 1. maybe not per capita or in any fair way of counting but that's not what we care about right now

Blumf

• Not long now
    • IGNORE ME!!!
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 10:46:13 AM »
Look! You can't argue with it, it's just science!

Johnny Yesno

• Perfume of a critic's burning flesh
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 02:58:04 PM »
The government’s equalities impact statement said: “There is no direct discrimination within the meaning of the Equality Act as the law will apply equally, regardless of any protected characteristic … any discriminatory impact for those of a particular race or ethnicity will be indirect.”

Oh, that's alright, then. Just like the banning of marijuana in the US that by pure coincidence indirectly discriminated against Mexicans, and turned out so well in the end.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 03:01:41 PM »
i don't think there's a country in the world that is immune from it, even in the remaining werstern liberal/social democratic countries

not hard to find current examples in the treatment of the indigenous population/ainus or south korean expats/migrants from the middle east/maoris etc. there

BUT this is forum where most people live in the godawful shithole country that is UK so such thread makes sense

To the point that some of the ones frequently seen as good by predominately white self-described 'soc-dems' have pretty terrible levels of satisfaction for non-whites, Sweden is a good example of this.

Tags: