Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:09:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Racism "objectively justified" in this godawful shithole country

Started by olliebean, September 15, 2021, 09:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Buelligan

There's nothing to say, is there?  I mean, all those fucks who go on endlessly about how plucky little Britain stood up to fascism.  Yup.  But we must keep saying it, we must never stop.

dissolute ocelot

Blacks are far more likely to die in prison than whites (Institute of Race Relations) - over half of all deaths despite blacks being 13% of the prison population - so the argument that we need to lock up all the black people to stop them killing each other really doesn't carry much water.

Shit Good Nose

Genuine question - is there a country where racism isn't objectively justified?  Having family and friends living in each I know Italy, Poland and France (obvs) are very much the same, if not worse in some areas.  I won't even mention that big country to the far West...

Canada?  Japan?  What's Germany like these days?  New Zealand?

chveik

i don't think there's a country in the world that is immune from it, even in the remaining werstern liberal/social democratic countries

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 15, 2021, 11:16:15 PM
Canada?  Japan?  What's Germany like these days?  New Zealand?

not hard to find current examples in the treatment of the indigenous population/ainus or south korean expats/migrants from the middle east/maoris etc. there

BUT this is forum where most people live in the godawful shithole country that is UK so such thread makes sense

olliebean

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 15, 2021, 11:16:15 PM
Genuine question - is there a country where racism isn't objectively justified?

Racism exists everywhere, of course. But I'd imagine there are plenty of countries where the government doesn't put out official documents saying that discrimination against black people is objectively justified.

thenoise

So police are more likely to find illicit goods on black people when they stop and search black people a disproportionately high amount? Well that certainly demonstrates something.

Buelligan

Quote from: olliebean on September 16, 2021, 09:49:02 AM
Racism exists everywhere, of course. But I'd imagine there are plenty of countries where the government doesn't put out official documents saying that discrimination against black people is objectively justified.

Surely, as long as there's a single shitty country on the planet doing something bad, the UK is off the hook?  Britons can go back to sleep in the sweet sweet knowledge that China is worse at pumping out global warming shit[nb]maybe not per capita or in any fair way of counting but that's not what we care about right now[/nb] and Saudi Arabia is nastier to women.  Simples.

Blumf

Johnny Yesno

QuoteThe government's equalities impact statement said: "There is no direct discrimination within the meaning of the Equality Act as the law will apply equally, regardless of any protected characteristic ... any discriminatory impact for those of a particular race or ethnicity will be indirect."

Oh, that's alright, then. Just like the banning of marijuana in the US that by pure coincidence indirectly discriminated against Mexicans, and turned out so well in the end.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: chveik on September 16, 2021, 12:13:22 AM
i don't think there's a country in the world that is immune from it, even in the remaining werstern liberal/social democratic countries

not hard to find current examples in the treatment of the indigenous population/ainus or south korean expats/migrants from the middle east/maoris etc. there

BUT this is forum where most people live in the godawful shithole country that is UK so such thread makes sense

To the point that some of the ones frequently seen as good by predominately white self-described 'soc-dems' have pretty terrible levels of satisfaction for non-whites, Sweden is a good example of this.