Author Topic: Mike Patton's not well  (Read 1164 times)

Mike Patton's not well
« on: September 15, 2021, 11:48:07 AM »
A load of Faith No More and Mr. Bungle dates cancelled less than 48 hours before the first one. I was trying to explain to my gf last night (who isn't much familiar with MP) that he's almost never sincere in public, so that means he really must be in a bad way. Get well soon Mike!

"Sorry to report that due to mental health reasons, I cannot continue with the currently scheduled Faith No More and Mr. Bungle dates.
I have issues that were exacerbated by the pandemic that are challenging me right now. I don’t feel I can give what I should at this point and I am not going to give anything less than 100 percent. I am sorry to our fans and hope to make it up to you soon.
The bands’ support me in this decision and we look forward to working through this in a healthy way.
xMP
Impacted dates:
Faith No More
September 16 Maryland Heights, MO Saint Louis Music Park
September 18 Chicago, IL Riot Fest
September 21 Pittsburgh, PA Stage AE
September 22 Newport, KY Ovation Pavilion
September 24  Kansas City, MO  Grinders
September 25 Indianola, IA Knotfest
October 10 Sacramento, CA  Aftershock Festival
October 15 Las Vegas, NV  T-Mobile Arena
October 16 Fresno, CA  Save Mart Center
October 18 Oakland, CA Oakland Arena
October 22 Los Angeles, CA Banc of California Stadium
October 23 Los Angeles, CA Banc of California Stadium
Mr. Bungle
September 17  Chicago, IL  Radius
September 19  Chicago, IL  Riot Fest"

Re: Mike Patton's not well
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 12:10:11 PM »
He certainly sick.

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 03:10:50 PM »
Should probably stop eating his own poo

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 04:33:22 PM »
Patton's very private, so it's difficult (and unfair) to speculate on exactly what's been going on.
Good on him for being so honest about his MH though.

Petey Pate

• Silver Member
  • THE REAL mister movies
    • SKLD
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 05:27:12 PM »
[tag]Anthony Kiedis rubs his hands with glee.[/tag]

Noodle Lizard

• Golden Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 07:14:43 PM »
Oh man. I don't think Patton's ever cancelled shows for personal reasons, even sickness. He did seem uncharacteristically concerned about COVID and returning to live shows in some of the interviews he's given over the past year ("uncharacteristically" in the sense that he's someone who used to get audience members to spit in his open mouth and drank pee out of their shoes), but I don't know if that's what this is all about. Just a man, after all. Hope he gets well.

Dirty Boy

• Thou shalt not slaver on thine cadaver
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 07:50:07 PM »
Yeah, worringly i think this is a first. I'm wondering if it's stress related due to the long gap between live performances and the fact it's only a couple of days before the first FNM shows.

Get well Mike!

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 07:52:15 PM »
the recent Bungle stuff is enough to do that to anyone

Noodle Lizard

• Golden Member
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 08:06:11 PM »
Yeah, worringly i think this is a first. I'm wondering if it's stress related due to the long gap between live performances and the fact it's only a couple of days before the first FNM shows.

Get well Mike!

It's easy to imagine someone as notoriously active and "workaholic" as Patton being massively thrown off by the sudden, forced halt of the pandemic - especially with all the shifting uncertainty surrounding when things will be able to resume. So little is known about his personal life, though (which is a "good thing" according to Buzz Osborne), that it's hard (and probably stupid) to make any assumptions either way.

Twit 2

• Unutterable anguish
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2021, 09:09:02 PM »
Played “Carry Stress in the Jaw” to a friend with very mainstream tastes the other day. He hated it and asked me to turn it off, and that made me happy.

chveik

• crazy bit of business
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2021, 10:05:02 PM »
the recent Bungle stuff is enough to do that to anyone

quite

get well soon buddy

PlanktonSideburns

• encoded by an oaf
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2021, 10:43:59 PM »
Get well soon and do some proper bungle stuff

chveik

• crazy bit of business
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2021, 10:59:43 PM »
do some proper bungle stuff

no. let trey do his thing, patton is finished when it comes to make good music

Shaky

• I drink your thread
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 02:39:18 AM »
no. let trey do his thing, patton is finished when it comes to make good music

That's unfair, I think. His vocal stylings have been running on fumes for a while now but he's got plenty to offer soundtrack wise. I'd like to see Fantomas resurrected as well. Wouldn't honestly say no to new FNM either.

Tomahawk can go to bed now though, please.

chveik

• crazy bit of business
« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 03:23:14 AM »
i'd love him to prove me wrong but Mondo Cane is his last worthwile project and it was made ten years ago. the bungle reformation pisses me off, such a waste of time

Shaky

• I drink your thread
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 04:59:23 AM »
True, and they're milking the shit out of it too. The re-recorded demo has grown on me a little but I've got zero interest in them doing anything else with that lineup..

Trey's sitting on a mountain of unreleased Secret Chiefs stuff, apparently. Would love to see some of that get out. The world needs a UR album.

« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 08:01:32 AM »
Trey's sitting on a mountain of unreleased Secret Chiefs stuff, apparently. Would love to see some of that get out. The world needs a UR album.

Didn't the Bungle reunion happen after Patton and Dunn worked with Trey on Secret Chiefs stuff?
That must have been after Malkhut and pre-pandemic.

Shaky

• I drink your thread
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 09:04:55 AM »
Didn't the Bungle reunion happen after Patton and Dunn worked with Trey on Secret Chiefs stuff?
That must have been after Malkhut and pre-pandemic.

Not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me.

« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 10:06:07 AM »
True, and they're milking the shit out of it too. The re-recorded demo has grown on me a little but I've got zero interest in them doing anything else with that line up...

I know what you mean. I like the record and i'm glad they did it, but it should have just been treated like the minor side project that it is.

Glebe

• Do you like our owl threads?
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 12:59:11 PM »
This is a bit of a shock to hear, he's always seemed to take things in his stride and come across as decidedly non-angsty. Noodle Lizard made the good point about being forced to stay home as a notorious workaholic, goes to show the psychological effect this bloody pandemic has had on everyone. Get well soon Mike in any case.

« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 04:28:54 PM »
Big Sick Ugly Jim Martin should have quarantined.

Tags: