Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:02:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What's black and smells?

Started by Butchers Blind, September 15, 2021, 12:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Cards Against Humanity consider new question card

Twit 2

Mr Banlon

I thought Marmite was a leftover by-product from brewing. Beer has already told it to fuck off once.

Kankurette

A Rottweiler who's just rolled in shit.

JesusAndYourBush

A couple of years ago I remember seeing loads of different stuff like shower gel etc scented with Mr Kipling Cherry Bakewell, which I thought was weird enough.  Marmite though is magnitudes weirder.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Mr Banlon on September 16, 2021, 01:02:20 AM
I thought Marmite was a leftover by-product from brewing. Beer has already told it to fuck off once.

Yeah, Marmite beer is just beer with the by-product left in.

Goldentony

and whos gonna do the drilling for this marmite

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Glebe

Just nipping out for a 'chekky' Marmite beer, yeech fuck that.

privatefriend

My cat is black and his name is Smells. I win.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It is a white man blacking up who is a scratter

Johnny Yesno

Stoneage Dinosaurs

The marmite peanut butter is actually well good ngl

Kankurette

Marmite peanut butter confuses me. Which I suspect is the point.

Also: David de Gea's shirt after 90 minutes of sweating in terror.

Video Game Fan 2000

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: mrClaypole on September 19, 2021, 04:52:00 PMRancid cancer?

Andy Cairns never regretted the name he finally decided on for his band.

Glebe

Just nipping out for a chekky Marmite beer.

Clownbaby

Marmite is my all time favourite spread and  possibly even my favourite condiment full stop but most of the official Marmite-flavoured things are shit and better results can be achieved by just taking the thing and putting Marmite on yourself. The Marmite cheese is a bit funny, and you can just get some normal cheese and have a bit of Marmite on it and it's much better.

The Marmite crisps are awful and have a strange off sour taste. Crap. Marmite peanut butter isn't necessary cause you can just get some  much cheaper peanut butter and use the Marmite that you probably already have if you like it and spread some of that on your sandwich with the peanut butter. The Marmite cashews are nice though.

I guess with Marmite beer you can't really just get some beer and put a spoonful of Marmite in it yourself so I'll allow it.

jonbob

Before you know it there be Marmite chocolate....

It was real and without a doubt the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted and I've my eaten microwaved scrambled eggs, camel burgers, Crocodile sausages and English mother in laws cooking...

Icehaven

The Sainsburys near me was recently selling off large jars of Chilli Marmite for 10p. That's right, 10p for a 450g jar, and the use by date isn't until the middle of next year. Of course I bought some but I'm genuinely terrified of trying it, it must be seriously bad for them to be practically giving it away.

McDead

Quote from: who cares on September 15, 2021, 02:23:43 PMI got a yen for marmite when I went vegetarian. I used it as a condiment on the side of my mashed potato and baked beans 'cos I hated the taste so much. Sort of smuggled it into my stomach with the disguise of a beany sauce. Eventually I got to like it; in fact I loved it, the mash and beans wasn't the same without.

Now I eat yeast extract, store's own brand; any store, don't care. One teaspoon a day, like a medicine. Is it good for me? No idea. It's a by-product isn't it, so probably not.

They've got a good marketing department, marmite, I'll give them that.

They fortify it with various B vitamins, which are mostly unavailable on a vegetarian diet, hence the craving.

Kankurette

Quote from: jonbob on October 23, 2022, 07:53:02 AMBefore you know it there be Marmite chocolate....

It was real and without a doubt the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted and I've my eaten microwaved scrambled eggs, camel burgers, Crocodile sausages and English mother in laws cooking...
Australia, why are you like this?

Ferris

Quote from: Mr Banlon on September 16, 2021, 01:02:20 AMI thought Marmite was a leftover by-product from brewing. Beer has already told it to fuck off once.

It is, it's yeast slurry.

If you brew beer, you can ladle the leftover yeast into a giant pot and boil it for 4+ hours with celery, onions, carrots and salt and make your own marmite.