Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:56:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News UK (Murdoch) launching Talk TV, with Piers Morgan

Started by Sebastian Cobb, September 16, 2021, 03:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Looks like the News UK competitor to GB News is back on, a while back they said they were pulling the plug. It sounds like this one is going to be an online tv-sister station to Talk Radio, which I guess streams video/clips anyway.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/talktv-rupert-murdoch-piers-morgan-b1921402.html

Shit for cunts either way.

Alberon

I'm not surprised they're going ahead with it after the unparalleled success GB News has been.

Midas

Just IMAGINE how many virgins have had to be sacrificed just to keep Murdoch ticking over. He's probably been edging for years at this point. Don't see why anyone should be spared an eternity writhing within an infernal pit while their soul is torn apart and consumed by snickering demons just because they're rich.

(Found out the other day News Corp. own HarperCollins too, so now I feel mildly disgusted by my Asimov books...)

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 16, 2021, 03:36:41 PM
Looks like the News UK competitor to GB News is back on, a while back they said they were pulling the plug. It sounds like this one is going to be an online tv-sister station to Talk Radio, which I guess streams video/clips anyway.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/talktv-rupert-murdoch-piers-morgan-b1921402.html

Shit for cunts either way.

It (talkTV) will be a television channel - earlier in the year, it was reported that News UK had discounted the idea of doing a television station and instead (as you say), do the kind of online content you're talking about, so if that reporting was accurate, then this is a turnaround.

However, at the time, I think the reporting was based on a leaked memo, rather than anything being officially confirmed.

Sebastian Cobb

I think I may have been hasty with creating the thread a bit, given I only skimmed the article, but the 'television' bit does, on completion sound wooly. The articles I've read use the wording 'available on televisions, streaming, etc' which is a choice bit of woolly wording, and does make me wonder if that means 'proper broadcast' or iptv. Of course Murdoch can probably play this by ear to some extent.

Alberon

I suspect it'll be more like video podcasts than a proper channel. It's the sensible approach anyway. Generate less content, but have a higher impact.

Jumblegraws

If Morgan doesn't have a co-host to act all irritated by him and bicker at regular intervals then people will realise how fucking boring a broadcaster he is and the show will tank.

steveh

It's going to be a proper linear channel and they are acquiring slots on Freeview, Sky, Virgin and Freesat. Other than the Piers Morgan show it may just be talkRadio with pictures for the rest of the time.

Suspect it's been hinted to them by the government that there will be a watering down of the impartiality rules. Outside BBC, ITV, C4 and C5 and in news bulletins, channels currently have to show impartiality across all their day's output but GB News has already been regularly pushing over this line without falling foul of Ofcom.