Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:05:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Kank in a Tank

Started by Kankurette, September 16, 2021, 07:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerzy Bondov

Have you seen Altered States? Recommend watching that before you go in.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Dex Sawash on September 17, 2021, 12:04:20 PM
Wife went to a "salt cave" recently. Just a room lined with Himalayan pink salt blocks.
$100 for her and a friend to sit on lawn chairs in a pinkish-brown room for an hour.
Nice grift on the part of the woo merchants.

Not wishing to derail the thread overmuch, but Mrs TTT recently purchased one of these pink salt block lamps. I had been licking it for weeks until she told me it simply sits in the room and gives off good vibes. Dont tell her but it worked better when I was licking it.

paruses

Quote from: thelittlemango on September 17, 2021, 07:46:30 AM
You'll also be very aware of any little cuts or nicks you have on your body as the water is full of an immense amount of salt, that will take your mind off things as you float away in a ball of agony.

I was going to add this but forgot. I think K is probably in the tank already but don't worry about that - they give you vaseline to rub over any you know of. All the others you "discover" once you are floating around in agony - just get out and seal up.

Droitwich Brine Baths used to be much worse for this as your whole body was initially submersed until you exploded out of the water like a Los Angeles class submarine performing an emergency surfacing.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on September 17, 2021, 12:19:48 PM
Not wishing to derail the thread overmuch, but Mrs TTT recently purchased one of these pink salt block lamps. I had been licking it for weeks until she told me it simply sits in the room and gives off good vibes. Dont tell her but it worked better when I was licking it.

The bulb burnt out in ours last week and there has not been a noticeable dropoff in good vibes so I think the power of the salt must be absolutely immense.

Kankurette

Quote from: paruses on September 17, 2021, 12:47:59 PM
I was going to add this but forgot. I think K is probably in the tank already but don't worry about that - they give you vaseline to rub over any you know of. All the others you "discover" once you are floating around in agony - just get out and seal up.

Droitwich Brine Baths used to be much worse for this as your whole body was initially submersed until you exploded out of the water like a Los Angeles class submarine performing an emergency surfacing.
They did. I cut my armpit shaving so just as well.

It was...interesting. I wasn't tripping balls but I did feel like I was inside some kind of womb. And I felt detached from my body. I kept playing with my hair cos it's quite long and was floating around me.

paruses

Yea - it's not mind blowing but I really enjoy the disorientation and relaxation side. Enforced nothingness is hard to find for me so paying someone to seal me in a pod is acceptable.

I'd forgotten you are Liverpool-way. That's sort of easiest for me - would you recommend them?

Kankurette

Manchester, but it's not far from Liverpool. And yes. It's not hard to get to, it's near New Islington tram stop (on the way to the Etihad).

Pink Gregory

Thanks, Kank, for your tales from the Tank.

Thkank

who cares

Quote from: Kankurette on September 17, 2021, 01:20:27 PM
Manchester, but it's not far from Liverpool. And yes. It's not hard to get to, it's near New Islington tram stop (on the way to the Etihad).

ah, it's a Manc tank

who cares

Quote from: Dex Sawash on September 17, 2021, 12:04:20 PM
Wife went to a "salt cave" recently. Just a room lined with Himalayan pink salt blocks.

What's that supposed to do for you then?

Do you get cured?

flotemysost

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on September 17, 2021, 06:59:52 AM
Get in there with a load of paperwork that needs doing, you r mind will start dissasociating before you know it

On it already cheers, working from home has been brilliant for this.

Quote from: thelittlemango on September 17, 2021, 07:46:30 AM
You'll also be very aware of any little cuts or nicks you have on your body as the water is full of an immense amount of salt, that will take your mind off things as you float away in a ball of agony.

I remember someone once telling me that if you ever go in the Dead Sea you have to be careful not to get any splashed in your face, as it's so salty it'll make your eyeballs explode. Clearly bollocks but it terrified me at the time.

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on September 17, 2021, 12:19:48 PM

I bought one of these from Oxfam's Sourced range (for all its hippy woo connotations, a lot of Himalayan salt apparently isn't harvested very ethically - same with crystals and the like), not really feeling any physiological benefits (though I haven't licked it yet, tbf) but it looks quite nice.

Kankurette

It did sting a little. They have a spray bottle of water in case you do get it in your eyes.

Wtf are the rock salt rooms for?

Brundle-Fly

Jittlebags

Meester Fawlty... He put me in a coffin.

chveik

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Shave your head before you go then you can pretend to be that girl from Minority Report.

Dex Sawash

I put an LED bulb in the salt lamp. Pretty sure that tech is neutralizing the good vibes of the Himalayan salt, will have to get another Edison bulb to restore balance.

PlanktonSideburns

Gurke and Hare

Echo Valley 2-6809

Imagine approaching a state of total relaxation when suddenly a load of green gunge drops on to you.
Muffled sound of several people laughing, Noel Edmonds opens the tank cackling his beard off.

Sorry, but that's going to cross your mind next time you're in one.

Kankurette

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on September 17, 2021, 07:52:45 PM
Shave your head before you go then you can pretend to be that girl from Minority Report.
I'd look like a female version of Jose Luis Chilavert.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Oh dear. Don't bother with that then. Just have a wank.

idunnosomename

Rednex comeback single "underwhelming"

idunnosomename

Remember what I was thinking of now

Kankurette

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on September 20, 2021, 12:50:48 PM
Oh dear. Don't bother with that then. Just have a wank.
You jest, but I considered it. I didn't though.