Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,207
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:55:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's your favorite Dead Kennedys song?

Started by Dirty Boy, September 18, 2021, 08:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty Boy

I fucking hate The Clash, so i'm starting this thread in protest.

Tied between Buzzbomb and Soup Is Good Food eyethangyoo.

Dirty Boy

and Night Of The Living Rednecks might be the funniest.
"A lot of people go to bed around here at ten thirty at night"

jobotic

Mind of impossible. Buzzbomb definitely a favourite. Moon Over Marin is brilliant. But there's loads. Kill The Poor?

Do Flipper and I'll list some of their songs too.

Agree about The Clash. Dreadful.

kngen

Kepone Factory and Dog Bite hold a special place in my heart, as 14-year-old me couldn't believe how fast they were. Then I heard Bad Brains, and the DKs seemed awfully old-fashioned, grandad.

Other than that, Forward to Death, Moon Over Marin, Riot are all songs I have fond memories of.

Ferris

jobotic

Not from their best album but I love Stars and Stripes of Corruption. Jello's so good.

Egyptian Feast

'When You Get Drafted' may not be my actual favourite DK song, but it does have that bit where Jello goes "If you can't afford a slick attorney, We might make you a spy" and Ray does a mint secret agent solo.

Video Game Fan 2000

Moon Over Marin
This Could Be Anywhere for being creepy and being about the non-place before anyone else described it or its effects

Steven88

Forward to Death, Police Truck, Holiday in Cambodia.

kngen

Life Sentence, too good a song to be buried on a B-side.

Video Game Fan 2000

What's the song the lick is stolen from? That song is AMAZING

edit: not thinking of pipeline, some turkish (?) garage rock song

Mr Banlon

Saturday Night Holocaust
The Fresh Fruit album version of Holiday In Cambodia
Cesspools In Eden

Video Game Fan 2000

Picking a favourite track from Generic Flipper is impossible

jobotic

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on September 18, 2021, 09:54:22 PM
Picking a favourite track from Generic Flipper is impossible

And then there's most of Gone Fishin' too!

Kankurette

McChesney Duntz

The "Sex Bomb"/"Brainwash" single is maybe the greatest 45 ever. Except maybe for Pere Ubu's "Heart of Darkness"/"30 Seconds Over Tokyo."

Oh, ah, Dead Kennedys? Haven't really cared much about them past age seventeen, but "I Am The Owl" resonates nicely in my head right now. (As does the aforementioned "Soup is Good Food.")

PlanktonSideburns

That one about knicking people's mail is my favourite

Thanks

sutin

Although the Bedtime For Democracy LP is easily their worst, my favourite DKs song is probably Cesspools In Eden. It still gives me goosebumps. I also love This Could Be Anywhere, Well Paid Scientist ("WHY PUNCH THE CLOCK WHEN YOU COULD PUNCH YOUR BOSS?" Yes!!), Moon Over Marin, Riot, Soup Is Good Food...

As for Flipper, Sex Bomb is the... bomb. I saw them live once with Krist Novoselic on bass and met him before the gig.

Mr Gruts

Pauline Walnuts

I like that one where he does a Buddy Holly jelp, a Growing Boy Needs Foodoooddo?

Chicken Farm.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on September 18, 2021, 10:58:31 PM
Chicken Farm.

I think this would be my favourite if the vocals were a bit better or even if it was an instrumental. The verses a good but the chorus is really grating and the lyrics are really unpleasant and grim even by DK standards, where's the joke! You're not Sutcliffe Jugend

But it is a really great track, Ray is fucking good

sutin

I love DKs in full eerie echoy psych jam mode. Love the Frankenchrist album, one of the most underrated rock albums of it's era for my money.

Sherman Krank

My favourite is also Holiday in Cambodia but performed by Richard Cheese as a Christmas song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TjlC3aWyGU

Shaky