Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:30:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

carrot top

Started by madhair60, September 19, 2021, 12:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

i just googled carrot top because i realised i'd only ever seen references to how unfunny he was, so i watched some of his stuff on youtube. i thought it was quite entertaining to be honest. that's it. i don't have anything else to add about carrot top.

retsuza

I also have no idea what his stuff is actually like, just people mocking him, so I also assumed he was not funny at all. Can I guess that part of the reason you were curious was Norm's joke about him being Box-Office Poison?

jobotic

I just spent five minutes watching him, on YOUR recommendation. Awful rubbish.

madhair60

Quote from: jobotic on September 19, 2021, 12:10:55 AM
I just spent five minutes watching him, on YOUR recommendation. Awful rubbish.

yeah but what do you like? real live videos of little baby bunny rabbits being destroyed by hard cocks, no doubt. freak.

Jumblegraws

It's the stand-up equivalent of spray can cheese as far as I'm concerned, but good on him for carving out his weird niche whilst his artistic forebear Gallagher drowns unloved in his own bitterness.

madhair60

everyone laments the lack of craft in modern comedy and there's carrot top gluing a rivet to a steering wheel and going "it's a screwdriver". anyone who says that isn't funny has no love in their heart and deserves nothing better than to die alone as far as I'm concerned

jobotic

Quote from: madhair60 on September 19, 2021, 12:14:23 AM
yeah but what do you like? real live videos of little baby bunny rabbits being destroyed by hard cocks, no doubt. freak.

Yeah that's right - in about 2008. What I like you couldn't comprehend. Get back to your Michael McIntyre DVDs

madhair60

i have michael mcintyre blue-rays. in 3D. you can actually see the man drawer opening towards you

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: madhair60 on September 19, 2021, 12:17:37 AM
everyone laments the lack of craft in modern comedy and there's carrot top gluing a rivet to a steering wheel and going "it's a screwdriver". anyone who says that isn't funny has no love in their heart and deserves nothing better than to die alone as far as I'm concerned

I don't really know what level of irony you're operating on today, but I've watched both a recent and old vid of him and he's one of the unfunniest people I've ever watched.

Craft? He pulls up a prop and makes a lame observational comment about it disguised a joke:

"Hahaha here's half a tennis racket cos Andre Agassi got divorced and now has to play with half a tennis racket cos his wife has half his stuff from the settlement. Divorce funni."
"Lol this stake your supposed to drive into the ground and attach a dog leash to is sold without instructions, so here's one I put through a stuffed toy to demonstrate what impossibly stupid people might think it's for."

I'll give him some points for having an uncommon shtick, but break it down and it's Family Guy levels of humour. "I showed you something, laugh at it."

DrGreggles

The problem with Carrot Top, when you think about it, and really delve into what he's doing, is that he's fucking shit.

madhair60

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on September 19, 2021, 12:25:27 AMHahaha here's half a tennis racket cos Andre Agassi got divorced and now has to play with half a tennis racket

i genuinely think this is funny

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: madhair60 on September 19, 2021, 12:31:42 AM
i genuinely think this is funny

Ok, good for you. You're wrong.

up_the_hampipe

I've always been impressed at how he makes those props. I remember seeing him on that show Last Comic Standing (as a special guest not a contestant) and I thought he was hilarious, but I was about 13 at the time. Might just leave him there in my head.

madhair60

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on September 19, 2021, 12:32:43 AM
Ok, good for you. You're wrong.

it's funny, it's like the beano or something. it's just very silly. i like it

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Jumblegraws on September 19, 2021, 12:15:07 AM
It's the stand-up equivalent of spray can cheese as far as I'm concerned

Stew Lee talks affectionately of the 1980s in Edinburgh where there were only a few dozen comedians and one was called the Iceman, whose act consisted of melting ice if I remember correctly.

Gallagher smashed a watermelon and made millions. Michael McIntyre had a man drawer and made more. I have grudging respect for someone who can go on stage and can make many times what I will make in my lifetime. Stand up comedy was a complete racket until a few decades ago. Still is for loads of people. It's basically an avenue to telly and films these days.

madhair60

how about this, carrot top starts his act coughing a little then coughs into his hands and produces a small toy frog before saying "excuse me; frog in my throat"

dont pretend you didn't laugh.

DrGreggles

madhair60

DrGreggles

not even a real carrot

Icehaven

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

PaulTMA

Mr Banlon

Mister Six

dr_christian_troy

All I know about Carrot Top is that he provided one of the DVD commentaries for the film The Rules Of Attraction.[nb]As did Ron Jeremy[/nb]

Echo Valley 2-6809

Yeah, I think he's stupidly funny, and I admire his total commitment to relentless jokes. Obviously influenced Tim Vine's prop humour.

Has a reputation for being a nice guy who's great with his staff and fans. A lot of US comedians admire him, and them taking the piss out of him is a running joke. Even George Carlin liked him.

franticplanet

A couple of months ago he posted a video on Instagram where his dick was hanging out of his shorts the whole time.

Echo Valley 2-6809

I no longer find him stupidly funny.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on September 19, 2021, 07:32:54 AM
Obviously influenced Tim Vine's prop humour.

That's a bit of a stretch, Carrot Top didn't invent prop comedy. Carrot Top is like Tim Vine without the charm.