Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:52:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fish Finger Sandwiches With Ketchup On

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, September 19, 2021, 12:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Butchers Blind

C_Larence

Only wrong if you put the ketchup in the sandwich. I hate it when people put ketchup "on" food, as it gets hot and changes the taste and texture. It should be left on the side and used as a dip to create a juxtaposition of hot and cold.

Dex Sawash

I recommend mashed potato as a third sandwich element if any are about.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: C_Larence on September 19, 2021, 12:53:26 PM
Only wrong if you put the ketchup in the sandwich. I hate it when people put ketchup "on" food, as it gets hot and changes the taste and texture. It should be left on the side and used as a dip to create a juxtaposition of hot and cold.

I am a fish sandwich ketchup dunker whenever possible, otherwise just get it down ASAP

Sebastian Cobb

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Dex Sawash on September 19, 2021, 12:53:30 PM

An excellent suggestion.

SpiderChrist

Fish fingers (4), butter, mashed potato and brown sauce (Daddies). Phwoar

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: SpiderChrist on September 19, 2021, 12:59:22 PM
This, on the other hand, is extremely rightful.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: SpiderChrist on September 19, 2021, 12:59:22 PM

Fish fingers + beef sausage sandwich = poor man's surf & turf.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Sometimes I melt a bit of cheese on top of the fish fingers.

badaids

No.

But turkey steak or southern fried chicken fillet and ketchup is even better.

badaids

Quote from: Dex Sawash on September 19, 2021, 12:53:30 PM

Totally agree with this.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on September 19, 2021, 01:07:17 PM
Sometimes I melt a bit of cheese on top of the fish fingers.

Well, at least you've not said you'd like to shove them up Stephen Graham's arse.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Was it Small Man Big Horse who said that he puts ( or used to put ) ketchup on  A FUCKING SUNDAY ROAST DINNER? Shocking stuff.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I bet Her Who Played Sarah The Care Assistant In That Channel 4 Corvid Scousedrama What Aired Recently likes a good Fish Finger Sarnie With Ketchup On. I can just picture her in her undies munching away on the old sarnie,  having a whale of a time , saying scousely appreciative things like " fuckin' sound sarnie, this" ( I was going to add a struck out comment making playful use of the term" fish fingers" at this point, but wisely decided against it).

I've put this post up especially for mothman, wasn't that nice of me? I'm sure all the massed ranks of LAFFs out there will appreciate it, too.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 19, 2021, 01:12:03 PM
Was it Small Man Big Horse who said that he puts ( or used to put ) ketchup on  A FUCKING SUNDAY ROAST DINNER? Shocking stuff.

My cousin, his wife and both children all put salad cream on their Christmas dinner.
He is also the only member of my family to appear on Crimewatch, although it wasn't for the salad cream thing surprisingly

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on September 19, 2021, 01:22:20 PM
My cousin, his wife and both children all put salad cream on their Christmas dinner.
He is also the only member of my family to appear on Crimewatch, although it wasn't for the salad cream thing surprisingly

I laughed at that second sentence. What a jolly good thread this is turning out to be.

Fishfinger

Bit of vinegar, previously - but not lately - a bit of salt, and brown sauce[nb]HP, or Daddies if absolutely necessary, but that's really for fish'n'chips[/nb].

idunnosomename

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on September 19, 2021, 01:22:20 PM
don't have nightmares

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 19, 2021, 01:12:03 PM

Fucked his knee up carting around gallons of ketchup, I reckon

seepage

Took a ketchup-poisoned arrow to the knee I reckon.

flotemysost

Ketchup and a bit of grated cheddar (not melted though). Regal stuff. Don't generally have ketchup on many other things - for a fry up it's always brown sauce, mayo for chips[nb]and pizza, I'm repulsive[/nb], mustard with roast dinner (I don't go in for this mint sauce for lamb etc. bollocks).

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Out of curiosity I once ordered a Big Fish from Burger King, which is their equivalent to the Filet o Fish. It was three dreary looking fish fingers in a bap with some cheese and a small dollop of tartar sauce. Very poor.

SpiderChrist

The first time I made a roast dinner for Mrs SpiderChrist-to-be she put ketchup on it. It's disgusting, although not as disgusting as the salad cream thing. Ew.

My Mum and Nan ran a guest house back in the late 70s/early 80s. My Nan's Sunday roasts were amazing. One day a guest asked for ketchup with his roast lamb etc and my Nan went fucking ballistic at him. "You think I slaved to cook you a lovely roast dinner so you can cover it in that shit?" My Nan was ace.