Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,399
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:54:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

have you ever foiled a crime

Started by madhair60, September 19, 2021, 03:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

have you ever scuppered anything, have you ever been the cause of best laid plans to fall apart, have you ever taken the law into your own hands

touchingcloth

Cold Meat Platter

Barry Admin

Hmm, I have reported someone to the police repeatedly and confronted them about their behaviour, yes. The police stuff put me in jeopardy as touts aren't tolerated around here, so when meeting them I made sure to do so off the estate. I was still blamed as I was the only person trying to tackle the situation and it was just blatantly me :-D

This is all documented in the cunt neighbour thread from a few years back. Anyway, that then caused the guy and his mates to start posting threats towards me on their Facebook, "any tout is a target" is the only phrase I remember at the moment. This then gave people enough leverage to get the guy put out of his flat, though! And because he was evicted on grounds of anti-social behaviour, he was barred from getting another council property for a few years, and ended up living in a church in Londonderry.

The sad part of all this that does cause me some sort of weird feelings of guilt is that, while he was down there, him and two other guys ended up murdering a father of nine.

mjwilson

I ran away from two blokes who were going to mug me once, does that count? Probably not.

QDRPHNC

I once foiled a mugging by not having any money on me.

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 19, 2021, 03:50:21 PM
I once foiled a mugging by not having any money on me.

Me too - I didn't foil the beating I got as a result though.

Janie Jones

Quote from: madhair60 on September 19, 2021, 03:22:13 PM
have you ever scuppered anything, have you ever been the cause of best laid plans to fall apart, have you ever taken the law into your own hands

Buelligan once described on these boards how she avoided a sexual assault by pulling a knife on a man who had offered her a lift, is that the sort of thing you're after?

I can't speak for the other women posters but if I can speak for my women friends and peers I think I can safely say literally all of us have at some time scuppered some man's plans to assault us, by lying, running, fighting, pretending to be out/sick/someone else/waiting for muscle-bound brother, jumping into a taxi, I could go on but I think this probably isn't the sort of response you had in your mind when you started the thread.

pancreas

No, I think he's after real crimes. Like a heist. Or if a woman tried to get into the gents toilet because there was a massive queue for the ladies.

H-O-W-L

I once incidentally halted a lesbian cottaging episode by pure happenstance. Does that count?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Barry Admin on September 19, 2021, 03:45:10 PM
The police stuff put me in jeopardy as touts aren't tolerated around here

For tickets, or is this some nonsense from that Ireland they have there?

Janie Jones

Quote from: H-O-W-L on September 19, 2021, 04:27:25 PM
I once incidentally halted a lesbian cottaging episode by pure happenstance. Does that count?
No. Never been a crime in English (British?) law because of Queen Victoria

Barry Admin

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 19, 2021, 04:27:43 PM
For tickets, or is this some nonsense from that Ireland they have there?

Ahh sorry, in Northern Ireland a tout is someone who speaks to the peelers police.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Barry Admin on September 19, 2021, 04:36:49 PM
Ahh sorry, in Northern Ireland a tout is someone who speaks to the peelers police.

About tickets. Got it.

earl_sleek

Quote from: Janie Jones on September 19, 2021, 04:31:57 PM
No. Never been a crime in English (British?) law because of Queen Victoria

While it's true that lesbianism has never been a specific criminal offence, the idea that this had anything to do with Victoria is a myth, and there are records of women being prosecuted for having lesbian relationships (for fraud, indecent assault etc) even before she was monarch.

derek stitt

Woke up to find a  burglar in my bedroom. He legged it with only the controller of my wii console in his pocket so a partial success. Asked the neighbours if he had seen anyone lurking about and he said the he had seen landlords son sleeping on my drive way. Looked landlords son up on Facebook and there a photo of the burglar was. Told the police and the cunt got two years. Him robbing my place was about two weeks after he had been put on licence for a spate of previous house breaking. The silly cunt was caught that time because he discarded his evidence laden plaster cast from his broken leg at the scene of the crime and had forgotten that the police already had his dabs and dna on file.

Inspector Norse

I worked in a school for a few years and caught quite a few kids in the act of raiding others' lockers, that kind of thing. We broke up a few drug deals and planned parties because middle-class Swedish 15-year-olds are pretty fucking useless at keeping this stuff quiet so we just called the parents and got permission to check in their lockers.

I once played detective and identified the three kids who'd broken into the school over the weekend and stolen and vandalised some stuff. It was a pretty well-to-do area so these incidents were fairly rare, and the consequences for the ringleader of the break-in were that his family took him on a weekend break to Spain while he was suspended because "they needed some family time together".

And there was the time an irate local resident rang saying some young hoodlums had trampled all over her pumpkins. That was one of those where we knew pretty much exactly who it was just from the description. And a bike theft that we solved when we caught the culprit at the bus stop, still with the bike, which he said he'd taken because "he was in a hurry". Not the sharpest, that lad - he also said he'd missed one of his final exams because he'd gone by the chemist on his way to school to get some headache tablets; when asked if he could produce these tablets, he said he'd taken the whole pack.

A colleague caught a peodo near the bus stop once as well after some girls in his class reported that the bloke had been loitering there making lewd comments.

Butchers Blind

I managed to stop an OAP shoplifting at the local Lidl.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Inspector Norse on September 19, 2021, 05:19:55 PM
I worked in a school for a few years and caught quite a few kids in the act of raiding others' lockers, that kind of thing. We broke up a few drug deals and planned parties because middle-class Swedish 15-year-olds are pretty fucking useless at keeping this stuff quiet so we just called the parents and got permission to check in their lockers.

I once played detective and identified the three kids who'd broken into the school over the weekend and stolen and vandalised some stuff. It was a pretty well-to-do area so these incidents were fairly rare, and the consequences for the ringleader of the break-in were that his family took him on a weekend break to Spain while he was suspended because "they needed some family time together".

And there was the time an irate local resident rang saying some young hoodlums had trampled all over her pumpkins. That was one of those where we knew pretty much exactly who it was just from the description. And a bike theft that we solved when we caught the culprit at the bus stop, still with the bike, which he said he'd taken because "he was in a hurry". Not the sharpest, that lad - he also said he'd missed one of his final exams because he'd gone by the chemist on his way to school to get some headache tablets; when asked if he could produce these tablets, he said he'd taken the whole pack.

A colleague caught a peodo near the bus stop once as well after some girls in his class reported that the bloke had been loitering there making lewd comments.

You sound like a Cuthbert Cringeworthy in a school almost fully populated with Bash Street Kids.

Neomod

I once ripped off one of those card skimmer things from a cashpoint at Highbury and Islington tube station much to the annoyance of the shady geezer hanging around nearby.

Kind of balanced out getting mugged at knifepoint by three teenage urchins at the cashpoint of Camden branch of HSBC years before.

madhair60

Quote from: Janie Jones on September 19, 2021, 04:07:26 PM
Buelligan once described on these boards how she avoided a sexual assault by pulling a knife on a man who had offered her a lift, is that the sort of thing you're after?

I can't speak for the other women posters but if I can speak for my women friends and peers I think I can safely say literally all of us have at some time scuppered some man's plans to assault us, by lying, running, fighting, pretending to be out/sick/someone else/waiting for muscle-bound brother, jumping into a taxi, I could go on but I think this probably isn't the sort of response you had in your mind when you started the thread.

i was looking for more sort of DC Thomson esque cries of "hoi! stop that rotter!!" usually directed at the likes of a fella in a zebra-striped top rather than a rapist. Levity aside I do apologise if the flippant tone caused offence, I was lost in my own privilege

Midas

a few years ago, by a scrapyard, in the outskirts of an awful midlands city, at around 2AM

i pass through a mass of boozed-up delinquents about to have a massive brawl. "they all look about 12," i think. i turn down a side street and am just about to congratulate myself for making it through the herd when i'm confronted by a cunt with a blade who marches across the road saying he's gonna stab fuck outta me. he never says why and i just stand like a lemon, feeling completely numb, waiting for something to happen. fortunately(?) as he reaches my side of the pavement a police car turns down the street behind me and cruises towards us.

the offender ran away, the police stopped and questioned me about paint theft at a nearby warehouse and then I was told to "just go home". a friend at the time told me i only had myself to blame because "there'd been a match on".

EDIT: i am implying i have some sort of superpower to summon dubious police officers at will.

mothman

Quote from: Barry Admin on September 19, 2021, 03:45:10 PM
Hmm, I have reported someone to the police repeatedly and confronted them about their behaviour, yes. The police stuff put me in jeopardy as touts aren't tolerated around here, so when meeting them I made sure to do so off the estate. I was still blamed as I was the only person trying to tackle the situation and it was just blatantly me :-D

This is all documented in the cunt neighbour thread from a few years back. Anyway, that then caused the guy and his mates to start posting threats towards me on their Facebook, "any tout is a target" is the only phrase I remember at the moment. This then gave people enough leverage to get the guy put out of his flat, though! And because he was evicted on grounds of anti-social behaviour, he was barred from getting another council property for a few years, and ended up living in a church in Londonderry.

The sad part of all this that does cause me some sort of weird feelings of guilt is that, while he was down there, him and two other guys ended up murdering a father of nine.

I don't think I knew about the murder part. You shouldn't feel guilty though, from what I remember of that thread he was an irredeemable headcase and - though one can never be sure - was probably going to end up killing someone anyway.

GoblinAhFuckScary

don't like involving the roberts in things but i did call them after a pretty intense domestic incident in the flat above where i was staying. woman screaming, furniture crashing, that awful business. i was only staying there for a few days so i hope it was the wise decision

derek stitt

Did anybody receive a reward for foiling a crime, a huge plum duff or a big plate of mash with sausages poking out of it?

Quote from: derek stitt on September 19, 2021, 06:49:21 PM
Did anybody receive a reward for foiling a crime, a huge plum duff or a big plate of mash with sausages poking out of it?

The Town Mayor invited me to a slap-up feast.  The problem was he'd also invited the Bash Street Kids over another good deed, one they'd accidentally done while planning mischief.  They were an obnoxious bunch.  Cuthbert Cringeworthy was the only one who wasn't a total prima donna.

Thursday

Can't go into too much detail but yeah I've helped stop numerous criminals taking over/destroying Gotham.

Quote from: Thursday on September 19, 2021, 07:16:42 PM
Can't go into too much detail but yeah I've helped stop numerous criminals taking over/destroying Gotham.

You're Nottinghamshire's Chief Constable?