Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,464
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:31:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Thatcher's Techbase

Started by TheGingerAlien, September 20, 2021, 05:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGingerAlien

Who's gonna give this a bash on Friday then?  It's gained a surprising amount of attention over the last week. 

https://thatchers-techbase.github.io/

I'm going to be testing it in VR for ultimate immersion/satisfaction.

Honk if Thatcher's deid.

PlanktonSideburns

Mister Six

Quite a funny joke, but I don't know if there's enough mileage in it to make a Doom mod worth playing through in full. The can of Tennant's made me laugh though.

Wonderful Butternut

I'm totally playing this on the principle that I get to shoot a robotic spider-brain Thatcher.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

ohhhhh if FPSes didn't give me the heebie-jeebies I definitely would

purlieu

Cannot wait for the tabloids to hear about this in a couple of months' time.

Thursday

Had sort of known the dev a little bit prior to this online, so very happy for them, and excited to try it. (Even though I'm confused that a Doom Mod is getting so much attention.)

TheGingerAlien

I think it's only 4 levels anyway - the dev openly admits that in essence it is a "shitpost that got out of hand". Which is all good with me.  Might actually be able to finish it!

Given that the likes of the recent GTA 53 'next gen' trailer have gone down like a giant piss-filled balloon, it doesn't entirely surprise me that folks are (unironically) buzzing about playing Doom again.

Could be a good time to finally finish those CABdoom sprites...

seepage

"Why is this pit still open?"

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: TheGingerAlien on September 21, 2021, 07:57:46 AM
Could be a good time to finally finish those CABdoom sprites...

I'm in awe of the effort.

bgmnts

Warning: Game unsuitable for miners.

Cuellar

PlanktonSideburns

TheGingerAlien

Update - still haven't quite finished, but have been enjoying the novelty thus far.

Here's what Thatcherdemon vs chainsaw looks like https://youtu.be/BYZZGqvzviQ

Doesn't really do justice to what it looks like the in VR headset, but you get the gist.

Egyptian Feast

This looks like great fun. The Thatcherdemon chainsaw fight has sold me.

I follow a guy on Twitter who is remaking Duke Nukem 3D and has been documenting his progress. The premise is that Duke is washed up a decade after Forever tanked and has been reduced to working as a Sun reporter taking orders from Harry Cole, although at one point you have to execute Geronimo the alpaca at the behest of Kier Starmer. He's been lovingly replicating the shops in his local area, spending a lot of time getting the bins at Gregg's just right and adding tons of amusing details like Mr Blobby doing a dance outside Cex, Nigel Farage's plane crash and a cameo from Brendan O'Neill. Looks unmissable if he can get it completed.

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on October 01, 2021, 12:04:23 PM

I follow a guy on Twitter who is remaking Duke Nukem 3D and has been documenting his progress. The premise is that Duke is washed up a decade after Forever tanked and has been reduced to working as a Sun reporter taking orders from Harry Cole, although at one point you have to execute Geronimo the alpaca at the behest of Kier Starmer. He's been lovingly replicating the shops in his local area, spending a lot of time getting the bins at Gregg's just right and adding tons of amusing details like Mr Blobby doing a dance outside Cex, Nigel Farage's plane crash and a cameo from Brendan O'Neill. Looks unmissable if he can get it completed.

Brilliant!!  I was sure you must be pulling my leg there - but clicked the links and yeah, tis all true!  Cheers for the heads up.  I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Mister Six

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on October 01, 2021, 12:04:23 PM

This is incredible. Tons of hearty laughs in those tweets alone.