Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:41:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

worst swears

Started by GoblinAhFuckScary, September 21, 2021, 11:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinAhFuckScary

hi crooked n boomd i would like to register my opinion that 'piece of shit' (or worse, abbreviated to POS) is the worst swear bc it is embarrassing and ineffectual

what is the worst swear and why is it thus

madhair60

Any of the compound swears just embarrassing

GoblinAhFuckScary

Wonderful Butternut

I like "piece of shit" when it's said with some conviction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiIsIE8iT28&ab_channel=curiouspie

Least effective are expletive + a random noun that's not regularly used with it. "Cockwallet" for example. It's funny to read, but as an actual invective directed at someone it's ineffectual as the reaction is going to one of puzzlement rather than offence.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Piece of shit is pretty good, very effective, satisfying to say, devastating on impact. See also, Buscemi: 'here's your four dollars you pathetic piece of shit'.

Agree that cockwomble is the most Mitch Benn of all, the aural equivalent of a tired middle class attention seeking musician with a beard ceaselessly retreading the same thing while believing it to be a new thing.

That said, it feels quite dull and slightly pointless even to mention it.

Sebastian Cobb

Piece of shit is rubbish on people but fine for describing things that don't work properly imo

Butchers Blind

A fella at work calls people he doesn't care for 'Piss Cunts'

madhair60

i think trying to be clever with swearing in general is an exercise in self-sabotage. piece of shit is quite good though imo. very dismissive. you stupid piece of shit

Jumblegraws

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on September 21, 2021, 11:19:19 AM
hi crooked n boomd i would like to register my opinion that 'piece of shit' (or worse, abbreviated to POS) is the worst swear bc it is embarrassing and ineffectual

what is the worst swear and why is it thus
Interesting. I've always felt the opposite, that the demeaning quality of 'piece' makes it an especially cutting swear.

'Bastard' is prob my least favourite swear because it's one of those weird ones that can be used as a non-swear in some contexts and it has nasty connotations beyond being more or less a synonym for "arsehole".

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Douchebag.

It's just nowt, is it.

Oh, Douchebag? I am dissolving through the blinding dazzle and acid of that put down. Let me just take my shoes off first.

Cloud

"Cunt" when some Americans try to say it and it comes out sound like "cant"

GoblinAhFuckScary

to try to expound on that, which is tough because i'm at my absolute nadir when it comes to being articulate right now, piece of shit became very annoying to me as a tumblr user back int' day as it was absolutely ubiquitous with call-out posts. the POS abbreviation made it especially toothless and after seeing it so much the word fell apart mentally for me and now it sounds like sinew and gristle. just all liquid and spittle. not effective, just gross. for similar reasons i don't like how overused 'shitty behaviour' is used to call out people being cunts. toothless! get meaner

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 21, 2021, 11:37:15 AM
Douchebag.

It's just nowt, is it.

Oh, Douchebag? I am dissolving through the blinding dazzle and acid of that put down. Let me just take my shoes off first.

Extra layer in Europe because it makes the user appear like they watched too much American TV for their own good.

The Mollusk

Susie Green calling Jeff or Larry a piece of shit in Curb is incredible, so it stays in the good books for me. "YA FAT FUCK, AND YA FOUR EYED PIECE A SHIT!"

I'm not one of those losers who thinks Americanised words or traditions are infecting the world - in fact I think it's great, destroy language destroy tradition, fuck everything - but I believe that objectively speaking "asshole" is way less effective than "arsehole". The latter sounds much grubbier. I wouldn't like to be called an arsehole but I'd laugh if someone called me an asshole.

Chollis

not having piece of shit in here, it gave us this most wondrous of all film moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMAhCCZDwtU&ab_channel=GC3389

GoblinAhFuckScary

it only works delivered with venom! i'm talking about it being used overly casually and quietly. you gotta spit it out with spite

Buelligan

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 21, 2021, 11:41:12 AM
Susie Green calling Jeff or Larry a piece of shit in Curb is incredible, so it stays in the good books for me. "YA FAT FUCK, AND YA FOUR EYED PIECE A SHIT!"

I'm not one of those losers who thinks Americanised words or traditions are infecting the world - in fact I think it's great, destroy language destroy tradition, fuck everything - but I believe that objectively speaking "asshole" is way less effective than "arsehole". The latter sounds much grubbier. I wouldn't like to be called an arsehole but I'd laugh if someone called me an asshole.

I was looking after a five year old girl once.  Some naughty boys were running about shouting nearby and we were just sitting in this field of daisies, in the golden sunlight, making daisy chains, she looked at me with the eyes of a resigned old woman and said, those boys are U.H's!  You know, uss-holes

chveik

Magnum Valentino

Goldust saying COME ON YA PIECE OF SHIT to Triple H off-camera was ace, youse know nothing.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Butchers Blind on September 21, 2021, 11:34:05 AM
A fella at work calls people he doesn't care for 'Piss Cunts'

My brother started calling similar types "shit cunts". I quite like that one. He also works with some Afrikaans gentlemen, and so his expletive range has diversified into another language.

Agree about compound swears, cockwomble etc are just fucking lame.

idunnosomename

Rareware back in the N64 days had a very before-its-time informal web presence as a company (a bit like your Wendy's and Steak-ums in retrospect, but there was no social media back then), the webmaster put all sorts of nonsense and British slang up. This led to a lot of American fans trying to swear like British people, but they were rubbish at it. "You bloody arse!!!" and so forth.

weaseldust

Quote from: Buelligan on September 21, 2021, 11:59:16 AM
I was looking after a five year old girl once.  Some naughty boys were running about shouting nearby and we were just sitting in this field of daisies, in the golden sunlight, making daisy chains, she looked at me with the eyes of a resigned old woman and said, those boys are U.H's!  You know, uss-holes.

in a vaguely similar vein of childhood swearword confusion, the first time i heard the word cunt it was shouted with such emphasis that for ages i thought the word was cunter

admittedly that's slightly less sweet and innocent than uss-holes

pancreas

fucking Piece OF SHIT CUNT.

To be performed in a crescendo starting stationary with high positive second derivative. Last word said screaming at top of voice, with foam, spittle, nosebleed, what have you.

Mr Trumpet

I think "sack of shit" is far more effective than "piece of shit". Maybe it's the alliteration.

Icehaven

Quote from: Mr Trumpet on September 21, 2021, 01:23:30 PM
I think "sack of shit" is far more effective than "piece of shit". Maybe it's the alliteration.

Quantity innit. A piece of shit is just a little bit but a sack of shit is loads so it's more insulting.

gilbertharding

Worse than Cockwomble and its ilk, are the people on twitter who really enjoy it when a famous person they follow uses *novel compound swearword* and reply "Oh, I like that *novel compound swearword*, I'll use that!"

Twatcakes.

GoblinAhFuckScary

mingerfingers got (utterly) gazebo'd

Jittlebags

Pissflaps. Both derogotary and descriptive at the same times.

Chollis

Quote from: gilbertharding on September 21, 2021, 02:23:22 PM
Worse than Cockwomble and its ilk, are the people on twitter who really enjoy it when a famous person they follow uses *novel compound swearword* and reply "Oh, I like that *novel compound swearword*, I'll use that!"

Twatcakes.

or Guardian comments section: "You sir, win the internet!"