Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,205
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:11:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Your Honour, I spent the child maintenance on dildos"

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, September 21, 2021, 01:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/father-spent-over-400-in-online-sex-shop-while-falling-behind-on-maintenance-payments-for-his-son-court-hears-40870288.html

QuoteA judge has lashed out at a father for spending over €400 in an online sex shop while falling behind in maintenance payments for his young son.

At the Family Law Court, Judge Mary Larkin told the man "you have an absolute cheek coming in here expecting me to believe what you are saying because I don't believe a word of it".

The man had told Judge Larkin that he had fallen behind in maintenance payments because he was "struggling" on his weekly social welfare payment of €203 and had no other income.

However, solicitor Mairéad Doyle, for the mother, produced in court bank statement details of over €400 the man has spent in four separate payments between March and July to an online sex shop called Love Honey.

Judge Larkin told the man: "You wouldn't be spending over half your money on a fiddlydyedoe if you had only €203 a week."

She added: "You tell me how you can come in here and tell me that if you are on €203 a week and you are spending €139 and another €139 on a fiddlydyedoe?"

In response, the man said: "It was a mistake judge."

Judge Larkin told him: "No. It wasn't a mistake because you didn't have one bother with money because otherwise you wouldn't have spent the money."

She said that anyone on €200 a week would be worried about how much they spend on food, ESB and all the other bills.

She said: "You would not be paying that kind of money for an absolute nonsense."

...Judge Larkin said: "He obviously can buy diddlydodas or whatever you want to call those things whenever he wants without any regard to the cost or the expense which is obviously not the activity of a man who is on €203 a week."

QuoteAsked to explain the spend on Love Honey by Judge Larkin, the man replied from the witness box: "Judge, I have a social life."

I'm crying

shiftwork2

QuoteJudge Mary Larkin told the man "you have an absolute cheek coming in here

Thought my mother was dead but apparently not.

madhair60

your honour I have spent the dildo maintenance on childs.

the hum

I'm, perhaps inevitably, hearing the bits you bolded in my head in a cod Irish accent.

Wonderful Butternut

Barry Admin

No mention of talking books :-(

Edit: just saw "diddlydodas" at the bottom, lmao. Fucking hell.

Blumf

"fiddlydyedoe"
"diddlydodas"

Used to be, we were bothered by judges being ancient and out of touch, but this one seems to be 6 years old.

Or Russel Brand.

Butchers Blind

Come on, we've all over spent on diddlydodas at some time or other.

madhair60

your child I have maint the spendo dildenance on honour.

JamesTC

Draw a couple of eyes on it and it is a snake. Kids love snakes.

shiftwork2

Any news yet on the floor-mounted status of the diddlydodas?

idunnosomename

Food: €200
Rent: €150
Child support: €400
Fiddlydyedoe dildos: €1,200
Utility: €100

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 21, 2021, 01:51:21 PM

Tch. Fucking millenials. No wonder they can't buy houses.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on September 21, 2021, 01:53:00 PM
Tch. Fucking millenials. No wonder they can't buy houses.
Are you sure you're not thinking of avockidyedoes?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Can you ask for a replacement judge on the grounds that they are a mental infant that is incapable of saying a name of something that embarrasses them?

I'll be off now for my late £12.30 brunch of avocadyedo on toast. Cheers.

Paul Calf

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Twit 2

checkoutgirl

I've heard of fiddle-dee-idle and on occasion I've ventured forth with fiddle-dee-idle-doe but fiddlydyedoe? Seems like a load of paddywackery to me.

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 21, 2021, 01:51:21 PM
Analgasm: Priceless.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: the hum on September 21, 2021, 01:39:55 PM
I'm, perhaps inevitably, hearing the bits you bolded in my head in a cod Irish accent.

Yep, totally non- legalese offended Irish wifie, doesn't sound like a judge at all. Great stuff.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 21, 2021, 03:53:38 PM
Can you ask for a replacement judge on the grounds that they are a mental infant that is incapable of saying a name of something that embarrasses them?

I'll be off now for my late £12.30 brunch of avocadyedo on toast. Cheers.
I don't read it as the judge being embarrassed, I read it as withering contempt. See also "an absolute nonsense". Either way it's still funny.

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 21, 2021, 07:37:44 PM
Yep, totally non- legalese offended Irish wifie, doesn't sound like a judge at all. Great stuff.
This is exactly how it should be read.

Barry Admin

Stanley Unwin falollops from threadlipoppers with deep joy in his botty

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Barry Admin on September 21, 2021, 09:09:00 PM
Stanley Unwin falollops from threadlipoppers with deep joy in his botty

RIP HS Art

I assume that's the joke.

Milo

I'm hearing it as "BIZARRE IRREGULARITIES IN THE ACCOUNTS".

Fambo Number Mive

I'm fascinated to know what made the dildo spending cost 400 euros. I don't know how much the average dildo is, but 400 euros seems a lot. Did he buy several dildos looking for the one that was just right for his botty, like some kind of adult Goldilocks? Did he buy a particularity expensive dildo? Or did he need to have several dildos so a couple could be waiting to be cleaned while there were another two ready to be used in the bedroom?

Unless not all the 400 euros spent at the site was on dildos.

PlanktonSideburns