Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:56:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Massive Coffee Shop Order

Started by chocolate teapot, September 21, 2021, 04:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Had to google Golden Tomahawk. It honestly looks like a lump of steak badly wrapped in easter egg foil.

H-O-W-L

in awe at the size of this list. absolute unit.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: icehaven on September 22, 2021, 10:25:39 AM
Well there's 92 drinks on the order, although I spose some of them might be the same very thirsty people ordering several drinks.

It could be, and I've heard of some coffee places trying to add surcharges to business workers meeting up as they got a bit sick of workers without offices setting up shop in there for long collaboration or meetings.

However looking at the receipt it seems like a coffee shop in a train station. They're usually not that big, distractingly busy and people would usually find a change of scenery anyway.

In fact, it appears to be a kiosk with a couple of tables and chairs in front of it.

gilbertharding

Quote from: icehaven on September 22, 2021, 10:46:17 AM
Had to google Golden Tomahawk. It honestly looks like a lump of steak badly wrapped in easter egg foil.

I'd like to eat one, in the name of science*.

* how glittery would your stool be?

Icehaven

They must put the gold on the steak after cooking it otherwise it'd be all charred, so doesn't it go cold while they're pissing about with gold leaf?

gilbertharding

I guess they do that while it's resting. A steak that big would have to rest quite a while, wouldn't it (I'm not an expert - I only cook vegetarian food)?

seepage

I reckon enough food-grade gold leaf to cover the steak would cost about $20. So I assume the rest of the difference between the $275 ordinary steak and the $1,000 gold one must be the fee to get a selfie with your gold steak and the "chef".

idunnosomename

Well as noted there's a fair bit of labour and skill in applying the leaf. But yes it's just massively inflated and you're just paying luxury pricds.

Worst thing is there are multiple reports of people being served the gilded version without asking, thinking nothing of it then being charged a grand. I mean not a tragedy since you'd need to be a cunt to be in his restaurant but still.

He's an incredible arsehole and socipathic bullying cunt though. Hopefully one day he'll go broke and go to prison.

Fr.Bigley

That order will be those Chinese fellas, they're always ordering that amount of coffee or stuff. Probably a big freshers week coffee jamboree.

mothman

I'm sure this will bring all sorts of actually-decent CaBers out of the woodwork who like the bloody things, but I've never met anyone who likes a tomahawk steak who wasn't an utter tosspot. Starting with my eldest's likely future father-in-law.

Mr Farenheit

Was this Peter Dowdeswell ordering?

Ferris

Some legend ordered a beer for £2 when all around him people were after ginger teas.

That bloke is my hero (and I can guarantee you it was a bloke)

Cold Meat Platter

Donnas Cakes

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on September 23, 2021, 02:41:37 AM
Was this Peter Dowdeswell ordering?

Tommy Nakajima and Peter Greenaway doing a pro-am - refreshments for their entourage.

Pancake

Black Sheep came to us to do their branding and marketing while they were starting up, they thought we were too expensive and ghosted us, looks like they decided to do the logo themselves, state of that thing

Icehaven

The name does somewhat suggest the coffee is made from sheep droppings.

idunnosomename

I visited their big coffee shop in Masham once and felt a little funny after a few brews. Didn't have an easy drive home at all.