Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:10:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Call of Duty Vanguard

Started by Barry Admin, September 21, 2021, 10:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Open beta at the minute. I took the last couple of years off, but missed a much better engine that was debuted in Modern Warfare, and a very fun looking Zombies reboot in Cold War.

I've been giving Warzone another chance (it's aiiiite, still no Apex), so I'm trying Vanguard out.

It's quite shit. The TTK is absurdly low even for CoD, it's like a fucking Quake instagib match or something, except not as fun. Graphics look like the back of my balls. Another fucking WW2 game, urrgghh. The models are the same on both teams, so you have to look for a little coloured circle above players heads, which doesn't go well with the aforementioned TTK.

Gutless fucks still won't let us run around in snazzy Nazi threads, in a fucking WW2 game.

Am I still playing the beta? Yes I'm still playing the beta.

Chollis

Yeah it looks shit. I haven't played a COD game in 10 years + but Modern Warfare was good mindless fun so I went to download Warzone and it's fucking 210gb! What?! Is that normal for these now?

Barry Admin

Yeah, they don't like to leave you space to install any other games. I think they also maybe include most of Cold War so there's no fucking about when you buy it?  Dunno.

Just started a game with a 7 kill streak, left my position and find the spawns had flipped so I ran headfirst into the enemy and died. 👌 CoD also still full of fucking door-camping little fuckwits.

I get the impression that the maps are as bad as Sledgehammer's last WWII game, where there's a mass of labyrinthine entries rather than lanes, and you get shot from some unexpected and unpredictable angle all the time.

I'll probably buy it, it's pretty fun.

evilcommiedictator

It was amusing recently when the latest COD patch put the total game size over (either 100 or 200) GB, with most people putting it on SSDs to play, meant that the SSD was now too small, so then they made it so that you could install single player/multiplayer/other modes individually. Those textures, man ;)

Barry Admin

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on September 21, 2021, 11:35:48 PM
It was amusing recently when the latest COD patch put the total game size over (either 100 or 200) GB, with most people putting it on SSDs to play, meant that the SSD was now too small, so then they made it so that you could install single player/multiplayer/other modes individually. Those textures, man ;)

Christ, really?

I got an external hard drive specifically built for Xbox a few years ago, and the damn thing is too slow for games to be playable on it. So I just store shit there and then have to spend ages moving things about.

It seems Treyarch are making this iterations Zombies, so I will likely wait and see how that goes. It's not gonna be available at launch, fuck sake.