Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:18:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The last three items of knitwear people have bought me...

Started by Jockice, September 22, 2021, 09:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

...are all practically the same colour. What is going on here? The trio of present-givers do know (or at least know of) the others but I don't think there's a collaboration going on here. It's probably sheer chance. And I already have a top in that particular shade anyway. That's was a present too, albeit a few years ago.

At least they're different styles (one round-neck, one v-neck and one cardie) but I might have to restyle myself now. Forgot goths wearing all black, I am now Mulberry Man. Think it'll catch on?

Jockice

tookish

Now I want to see you dressed as Mulberry Man.

According to almost every menswear section, there are only about five colours men are permitted to wear, unless they're gay.

What d'you think of this nifty little mauve number my partner's mother knitted for me last winter?

I think I look lovely in it.

tookish

Very nice, but not one of the five colours approved for straight men.

You'll have to be gay, now.

Sorry.

My partner of twenty years will be indifferent devastated but it's such a nice jumper it'd be wrong to keep it in the closet. Gay it is then.

Janie Jones

shiftwork2

Discovered v-neck jumpers, haven't ironed a shirt since.  Downside is I look like a Boden catalogue ass wipe.  Sticking with it though.

Quote from: Janie Jones on September 22, 2021, 08:38:41 PM
That jumper looks great and has reminded me that Brewdog have launched a Parma Violet beer

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/309748040

That's this year's Christmas presents sorted then. Looks like a great session ale.

JamesTC

seepage

Quote from: shiftwork2 on September 22, 2021, 08:48:43 PM
Discovered v-neck jumpers, haven't ironed a shirt since.  Downside is I look like a Boden catalogue ass wipe.  Sticking with it though.

You can get ones with the top bit of a blouse already sewn into the jumper, too. Or cut up all your blouses and do it yourself.

Jockice

Quote from: seepage on September 23, 2021, 06:17:44 AM
You can get ones with the top bit of a blouse already sewn into the jumper, too. Or cut up all your blouses and do it yourself.

I have two of them. Both presents from a few years back. Actually one of them isn't that far from the colour of the three mentioned above. People obviously think I look good in various dark purple shades. Or maybe they don't and just want me to get laughed at in the streets. More than usual.

Jockice

I've been away from home for most of the last fortnight, so when I returned home yesterday evening there was another parcel waiting for me. Two t-shirts both with 'witty' slogans on and one in exactly the same colour again.The other's dark blue. I'm entirely sure this person had previously sent me another 'witty' slogan t-shirt for a birthday/Crimbo present in the same colour. And like most 'witty' slogan t-shirts I get sent to me it was worn a few times around my flat but never seen in public and is now presumably in a pile of old clothes somewhere.

I might as well dye my hair mulberry and complete the job. Or my entire body.

thenoise

Quote from: shiftwork2 on September 22, 2021, 08:48:43 PM

Love me a v-neck. I'll even wear them with a t shirt underneath because I literally do not give a solitary shit.

Cloud

Ah, be glad of them.  I miss the annual jumpers from my grandma.  Alas, no one lives forever

Fr.Bigley

I just expedited the winter by purchasing 4 delightfully thick cable knit jumpers for yuletide. I'm going to drink my mulled wine with my toes toasties leant on the radiator as I look out across the green, all bleak and wintery like.

I love the season, I think I'd be fine in the far north of scandiland (been in dead of winter, missus is one).

Jumpers!

touchingcloth

Chollis

i just googled cable knit jumpers and this was one of the first images to come up on the right-hand column. Looks exactly like one you could buy for £80 but god I bet it's more comfortable. This is what they wear in Succession at the family retreat. I wonder if I will ever get to wear cashmere before I die

Fr.Bigley

I'm quite happy with a good wool knit, heavy and lovely. I got a cashmere jumper once from a relative and after the first few wears I wondered why she spent so much on something I'm afraid to wash or wear. Cheaper Cable knit all the way for me.