Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:26:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Miriam Margolyes on the Off Menu podcast

Started by Utter Shit, September 22, 2021, 01:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Wullie’s Pal

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on September 22, 2021, 03:22:36 PM
It's an amusing story but it smacks of luvvie person deliberately amplifying their eccentric reputation to ensure they'll always be the subject of an anecdote. I suppose it worked, though.

Margolyes, Mirren, Dench, Connolly, Fry, national treasures and don't they know it.

Agree, also anyone of adult age who speaks of  "Mummy & Daddy"  without the  the pronouns 'my, our or yours', as they if they were our parents too, is a tube. I used to like her but the more I hear her the more she comes across as totally Fake. The same is true with Stephen Fry.

jobotic

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: Gregory Torso on September 23, 2021, 11:33:41 AM
Miriam Margoyles seems like a good person though, but if someone came up to me on my first day at work and said "sorry my girlfriend's cunt hairs are stuck in my teeth" I would think they were trying way too hard

The "too late for preliminary introductions she burst in just as the read was about to start" makes me suspect her timing was deliberate.

Still, look out for me in her RIP thread. "Sad news but 102 is a great innings. Fantastic talent and a lovely person by all accounts." #hypocrite

kalowski

pigamus

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on September 23, 2021, 11:30:45 AM
Is there mention of wanking off a soldier up a tree?

Rupert Brooke's not what he was

The Mollusk

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 23, 2021, 12:00:14 PM
Exaggeration, there.

Imagine totally ignoring the blunt point of one of so many critiques frequently levelled at you for your boorish "oo-er missus, that sexism's a bit rum innit readers?! This is all a joke!" subhuman faux-intellectual dog shit humour and your only take home from it being "it's every other day, ackshually!" Imagine being that pig headed and ignorant. Unreal. You are a lost cause.

I'm probably not the only person who first heard her as a dubbed English voice on 'The Water Margin' and 'Monkey' but I have no memory of seeing her in anything else except 'Blackadder', although her CV isn't bad (probably more impressive on the theatre side than film or TV).

Bronzy

Would it be wrong to mention that the idea of a threes-up with Mollusk and Lisa has got me so hard a cat couldn't scratch it?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Bronzy on September 23, 2021, 07:18:18 PM
Would it be wrong to mention that the idea of a threes-up with Mollusk and Lisa has got me so hard a cat couldn't scratch it?

SUBHUMAN FILTH!

Ooops,  I mean  :-D

Miriam Margoyles also used to look a bit like the singer out of Bleach ( ask your Indie Grandparents).