Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:39:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What Cheeky Crowdfunders Have You Seen?

Started by Dr Rock, September 23, 2021, 10:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Because I have some emergency dental work coming p, one of my front teeth fell out. I'm going to the dentists today to see what can be done, but if the only options cost like a thousand pound I've not got it. But a crowdfunder for that seems not serious enough....

Unless I see a bunch of crowdfunders for inane, insane or not-exactly-emergency situations, I might be a little braver doing one for my missing gnasher. It might not come to that, depends what Dr Jack (my dentist, mmm he's dreamy) says.

So, seen any cheeky crowdfunders (not including Marion Millar's)?

Icehaven

There was that woman who wanted money to go on an exotic holiday which she dressed up as a 'journey of self-discovery' or something, but that's already been discussed at great length here. I think some people even donated a few cents just because doing so allowed you to comment on the site so they could tell her what they thought of her.
Edit; This was it https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/becca-gronski-spiritual-journey-around-the-world-gofundme-realise-dreams-a7593351.html

Fambo Number Mive

She raised $1220, which is surprisingly high.

Ham Bap

There was a computer games journalist/editor on Twitter, from UK, about 2 years ago crowdfunded his holiday abroad. Think he said he had a shortfall or something.
Everyone chucked in a couple of grand for his 10 days to Spain.

No mention of it since but plenty of info on his promotions and photos of his new TVs.

Icehaven

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 23, 2021, 11:21:46 AM
She raised $1220, which is surprisingly high.

Hopefully she got 1220 comments telling her what a brassnecked chancer she is.

How do these things work if you don't hit your target, do you then not get the money because you won't have enough to do what you wanted so you'd end up using it for something else, which presumably isn't allowed?