Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:26:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Other celebrities who have gone bananas

Started by dead-ced-dead, September 23, 2021, 04:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 24, 2021, 08:54:59 PM
I'm not doubting it, I can only go by the one show I saw live and the few vids (excerpts) that I've seen online.  Like I said, I don't know enough about either side of it to comment strongly either way - the only previous knowledge I had (and have) is the alien reptiles stuff.

Fair enough. Perhaps doubt was the wrong word, sorry.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on September 24, 2021, 11:00:44 PM
He has stated in a few interviews I have seen that he has had some very strange experiences which you could file under 'UFO'. I get the impression he went 'chasing UFOs' maybe to try and find some answers to what he experienced. I think he did a radio program on it years back where he went to America and explored the scene over there. It was good, it didn't take him long to see it for it was which is basically a rather crackpot cottage industry. I'm not saying there isn't anyone doing some interesting stuff, there is, but on the whole in the US the UFO shite disappeared up its own bottom decades ago.

He's been a semi-regular (terrestrial) visitor at Skinwalker Ranch over the last few years.  Apparently one of the few "interested celebs" who has been allowed in (I assume Dyer and Ryder don't pass muster).

Sebastian Cobb

Yet Dyer managed to interview Patrick Moore about 'that mob up there'.

Shit Good Nose

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 24, 2021, 11:14:50 PM
He's been a semi-regular (terrestrial) visitor at Skinwalker Ranch over the last few years.  Apparently one of the few "interested celebs" who has been allowed in (I assume Dyer and Ryder don't pass muster).

Oh god I had forgot about that place

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on September 24, 2021, 11:32:43 PM
Oh god I had forgot about that place

Best thing about it is George Knapp - a US TV news reporter who, as you may or may not know, has been covering UFOs and similar topics for decades and believes in all of that shit - has stayed there several times, for weeks at a time, during investigations since the 90s and has admitted that in all that time he's never personally seen, heard, nor experienced anything out of the ordinary.

studpuppet

Reg Presley from The Troggs was into crop circles, and I think Mike Leigh is as well.

Dave Davies has seen UFOs and thinks the government is covering things up.

Lou Reed had 24 electro-shock therapy sessions when he was younger.

Frank Bruno was sectioned.

Dusty Substance

Mr Farenheit

-Robbie Williams is into Qanon stuff. There's an interview where he talks about pizzagate, which in his eyes didn't do anything to disprove the conspiracy- "That's not a debunking. That's not the debunking I want!"

-Sol Campbell is not bananas at all, unless you put him in a box.

Johnny Textface

Did Prince Nassem Hamed go mad? He had to somersault-vault into the ring every game the daft cunt.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Johnny Textface on September 25, 2021, 08:50:01 PM
Did Prince Nassem Hamed go mad? He had to somersault-vault into the ring every game the daft cunt.

Possibly? I remember him getting sent down for driving like a cunt.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/jan/02/monarchy.audreygillan

Zetetic

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on September 23, 2021, 05:01:41 PM
On second thoughts maybe not a good thing to conflate people who are into ridiculous conspiracy theories on the internet and people with real psychosis etc.
I love the idea that you can clearly delineate these.

mothman

"I assure you officer, I'm not psychotic, I've only believed a few conspiracy theories."

Jerzy Bondov

Shit sorry I forgot I was on the wind up in this thread about Graeme Garden going bananas, I said it because he done the voice of Bananaman

Glebe

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on September 28, 2021, 04:44:23 PMShit sorry I forgot I was on the wind up in this thread about Graeme Garden going bananas, I said it because he done the voice of Bananaman

ERIC IS BANANAMAN!

Video Game Fan 2000

I see your dad is taking the divorce well.

mrClaypole

Tony Slattery ingesting 10 grammes of cocaine and drinking heavily getting paranoid he was being filmed in his luxury penthouse next to the Thames throwing his fridge and possessions into the said river in a bid to rid his home of surveillance equipment.

HamishMacbeth

I don't know if David Shayler counts, because he's not so much a celebrity, and he sort of went from bananas to very bananas.

But, when I first heard of Shayler he was touring universities giving talks about recruited into MI5, being a spy, going on the run, but seemed to be basically sane... and maybe a liar.

Then he turned up in one of Jon Ronson's programmes, and by this point he was declaring himself to be the second coming of Christ.

Last time I checked in a few years ago, he had a youtube channel where he was selling a book he rather beautifully described as "a new book of The Bible", "the Third Testament of Christ", "a Prophecy about the coming years" and "a page turning political thriller with car chases and other exciting action scenes."

Famous Mortimer

I went to one of his public meetings, years back, and the weird thing is how sensible he sounded. I think he wasn't quite at the Christ thing by then, and I did find some of his tales of surveillance to be a bit much, but by and large he appeared reasonable.

Povidone

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on September 23, 2021, 11:22:25 PM
Who's that American fella who dropped out to work on his geometry theorems where 2 = 3?

Sorry to dredge this up from page two but I believe you're referring to Terrence Howard, Oscar-winning actor who most likely got himeself shitcanned from playing War Machine in the Iron Man films after some wrangling over pay. from his wikipedia page

QuoteTerryology

In a 2015 interview with Rolling Stone, Howard explained that he had formulated his own language of logic, which he called Terryology, and which he was keeping secret until he had patented it. This logic language would be used to prove his contention that "1 × 1 = 2".[37]

"How can it equal one?" he said. "If one times one equals one that means that two is of no value because one times itself has no effect. One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told it's two, and that cannot be."[37]

Howard blames his leaving Pratt over disagreements with a professor regarding this hypothesis. He also stated that he spends many hours a day constructing models of plastic and wire that he patented and claims to confirm his belief.[37]

In 2017, Howard published his proof of his claim that "1 × 1 = 2" on his Twitter account.[38] It was heavily criticized as containing multiple logical errors and faulty reasoning.[39]

Nah I've no idea either, Terryology is just too advanced for us Non-Terrys.

QDRPHNC

colacentral

I keep getting recommended videos from Russell Brand's channel on YouTube for some reason, and he's gone from supporting Milliband and Corbyn's Labour to full alt-right. Titles like "Joe Rogan CALLS OUT CNN!" and "Trump was... right?" That sort of thing. I've never clicked on one even out of curiosity, but YouTube really wants me to watch them because they've been hanging around my home page for months.

Famous Mortimer

I would presume they're just click-bait-y titles and he hasn't lost his mind (although I could be wrong).

Old Nehamkin

Being against the neoliberal consent manufacturing machine CNN certainly doesn't have to be an "alt-right" position, even if doing so might involve agreeing with Joe Rogan on something.

Glancing through Brand's recent video thumbnails, the presentational style is definitely a bit annoyingly clickbaity, but the perspective seems broadly left-wing to me.

imitationleather

I too keep getting Brand videos recommended which I never watch and some sound vaguely antivaxx and antilockdown. Might be totally wrong, but he definitely is the type to end up there.

Uncle TechTip

His wiki article says he was encouraging people to ignore restrictions when they attended his show in October. Didn't know he was on tour - looking at the long list of controversies it seems the industry dropped him and that's the reason for the YouTube streams.

Quote from: colacentral on November 04, 2021, 02:54:42 PM
I keep getting recommended videos from Russell Brand's channel on YouTube for some reason, and he's gone from supporting Milliband and Corbyn's Labour to full alt-right. Titles like "Joe Rogan CALLS OUT CNN!" and "Trump was... right?" That sort of thing. I've never clicked on one even out of curiosity, but YouTube really wants me to watch them because they've been hanging around my home page for months.

I strongly suspect he's targeting a base of people who'll stick with him once it all comes out so he'll still have an audience

HamishMacbeth

Quote from: Stone Cold Steve Austin on November 04, 2021, 09:26:29 PM
I strongly suspect he's targeting a base of people who'll stick with him once it all comes out so he'll still have an audience

Barmy Facebook conspiracy relative has been sharing Brand recently, haven't watched either but got strong hints he's gone anti-vax, and I believe, Biden rigged the election bananas.