Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:00:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glebe's Waterford Adventure.

Started by Glebe, September 23, 2021, 05:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

So with the lockdown eased I was able to travel down to Waterford City for a little staycation. Had never assumed there was anything remarkable about the place, and so was very pleasantly surprized to find it a beautiful and vibratant town. Here are some of my EXCLUSIVE! memories:

Me giving a lapdance to a giant viking dude. DO YOUR WORST.

Didn't know Raymond Chandler had lived here.

This is funny... had just reread Grant Morrison's Batman: Arkham Asylum, which features a statue of St. Michael defeating the devil.... there was a painting of this Biblical event in the hotel lobby, and then I came across this. Bit of info about it here.

The Three Stooges have really let themselves go, or R-L: George Harrison, Scott Ian and 'another one' have let etc.

Now this was a surprize! Didn't expect to encounter Generous Seagull! Unfortunately he was in bad mood and had broken the neck of another gull.

*Picard facepalm*

Wonderful Butternut

If Vulcans don't visit Vulcan Street when they arrive (only 42 years to go), I'll personally kill them.

Did you consume any Blaas?

Glebe

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on September 23, 2021, 05:37:05 PMDid you consume any Blaas?

I didn't actually, I'd never heard about blaa until I visited! Next time I will stuff myself full of blaas.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: Glebe on September 23, 2021, 05:36:19 PM

You're obviously not a student because you didn't put those two traffic cones on top of their heads.

The Three Stooges have really let themselves go, or R-L: George Harrison, Scott Ian and 'another one' have let etc.

Daniel Peacock?

Spoon of Ploff

don't say you didn't know this was going to happen.

Glebe

Fantastic, SoP! Must have that framed and mounted!

Have to say though, it could be improved by making me bald. And phimotic, not sure how you'd represent that, shudder!

Rizla

Lovely, innit? My mrs's home town. I recommend https://www.everetts.ie/, marvellous little eaterie.

Glebe

Quote from: Rizla on September 23, 2021, 05:54:39 PMLovely, innit? My mrs's home town. I recommend https://www.everetts.ie/, marvellous little eaterie.

Cheers for the recommendation, was down there with my lovely Sister, who invited me to come along, her mates and that being busy... we went to Momo's one night, absolutely cracking food. Pub-wise, Geoff's was really nice, real old-style atmos and they played some great music (whoever was on the tunes was really on a now-cancelled Dylan buzz).

TrenterPercenter

One for up the arse corner.

Also look at your left arm?! is it so humungous from all the wanking?

Glebe

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on September 23, 2021, 06:05:02 PMAlso look at your left arm?! is it so humungous from all the wanking?

It's my big, grey foreskin I'm worried about!

Glebe

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on September 23, 2021, 05:47:40 PMYou're obviously not a student because you didn't put those two traffic cones on top of their heads.

Believe me I was tempted!

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on September 23, 2021, 05:47:40 PMDaniel Peacock?

Quote from: dr beat on September 23, 2021, 06:17:57 PMRussell Mael?

I was gonna say Justin Sullivan from New Model Army, but it doesn't really resemble him if he had let himself go and become a decapitated medieval waxwork.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Shit Good Nose

PlanktonSideburns

Glebe

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on September 23, 2021, 06:58:18 PMAre you wearing a neck brace?

Face mask innit.

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on September 23, 2021, 07:14:32 PMNice shoes

Thanks Planks. Actually bought them in Waterford, €18 in Penny's can't go wrong!

Pancake

Pancake

Glebe

Quote from: Pancake on September 24, 2021, 11:15:27 AMStaycation means staying at home

Quote from: Pancake on September 24, 2021, 11:25:49 AMThat said, lovely travel report!

Thought you could use staycation for a holiday in your home country. Thanks, it was a brief report but brisk and wry, with a 'knowing' eye cast on events chez Waterford!

Glebe

Superb work SGN! That's a cock to be proud of! Actually the statue itself appears to have two cocks which it is pulling off if I may maturely suggest.

Bit weird photowronging your own photos, but then I am an incredibly sad individual:

Glebe

Glebe

Mr Farenheit

Love ya too, Glebe! (especially in Basic Instinct)

Glebe

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I am left with a crystalline imagine of Waterford, thank you.

What about the fucking cumventing tossarsing pubs?!

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Glebe

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 25, 2021, 04:47:58 PMWhat about the fucking cumventing tossarsing pubs?!

Studiously avoided those!

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on September 25, 2021, 06:21:56 PMNext time spell it Sráid Húcaí

C'est magnifique, Sráid Húcaí... C'est magnifique, Sráid Húcaí!