Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:24:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

what is your AVATAR from

Started by GoblinAhFuckScary, September 23, 2021, 08:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinAhFuckScary

spill the beans. why is it so

mine is a lil gif i made from a movie called wings from 1966. i love her she is a head teacher and ex soviet fighter pilot in the movie

Flouncer

Mine is a version of a mandala that was drawn by Daevid Allen for his band Gong. It appears on the back cover of their 1974 album You. In fact the only other avatar I've had on here was the front cover of that album.

Magnum Valentino

The video for the Queen song The Invisible Man where John Deacon is unable to display human emotion even while playing one of the coolest bass lines of all fuckin time.

shiftwork2

Newer posters might not know that 'the Christopher Lambert avatar' was a stock avatar on here for many years; I just wanted to keep him around for his general gormlessness.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

It's MC Hammer doing a dance from the Can't Touch This video, wearing his big pants.

imitationleather

Bronzy

Cuellar

Inspector Norse

Desmond Tutu with a chocolate cake

Dr Rock

Many long-term posters will know, but I'm happy to take this opportunity to say it's the amazing 70s pop star Noosha Fox, best known for Single Bed, but she and her band have plenty more left-field pop wonders - try Imagine Me, Imagine You and then try not singing 'doo-lang, do langa lang do-lang' til the cows come home. She's my avatar because she's so super.

https://youtu.be/pF0wKy_9_q0

BeardFaceMan

I like that Crank 2 is batshit fucking insane and Jason Statham gives the audience the finger at the end of it all. While on fire. Lovely stuff.

TheGingerAlien

Echo Valley 2-6809

Paddy McAloon lining up a putt by the Tyne bridge.

bgmnts

From a bit in Columbo where he falls down a hill.

Famous Mortimer

From Goaste, which was sort of a spin off of B3ta? They had a forum with a ton of weird little gifs which would randomly populate the top left corner of the page, and this one was my favourite.

QDRPHNC

Actor Michael Douglas who I loved in Jewel on the Nile.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Mine's Jodie Comer, you know, that lass off the telly.

chveik

Ferris

5x All Star and long-time Blue Jays right fielder Joe Carter, just after hitting the '93 World Series winning home run.

Someone (Sploff?) added a mirror-ball to his head in a silly H.S. Art thread and I liked that it was weird so I kept it.

Retinend

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 23, 2021, 08:35:06 PM
Many long-term posters will know, but I'm happy to take this opportunity to say it's the amazing 70s pop star Noosha Fox, best known for Single Bed, but she and her band have plenty more left-field pop wonders - try Imagine Me, Imagine You and then try not singing 'doo-lang, do langa lang do-lang' til the cows come home. She's my avatar because she's so super.

https://youtu.be/pF0wKy_9_q0

And mother of Screenwipe star / "Bad Science" Guardian columnist Dr. Ben Goldacre.

Wonderful Butternut

Spiteface

Ultraman Leo.

I like Japanese superheroes.

BJBMK2

Mine is snipped from the 1968 Monkees film Head, which is one of the greatest films ever made, and said head (heh), belongs to John Brockman, advertising exec clever clogs man.

The initial TV spots for the film consisted of just what you see. Brockman staring straight into camera for about a minute in silence.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

It's Hercule Poirot's big garlicky corpse.

Brundle-Fly

The Galaxy Being from the very first episode of the U.S. scifi tv series, The Outer Limits in 1963.

Dex Sawash

Logo from Mambo, surf gear or some such. Stole it from Billy Backstay on another forum  because dog farts are funny. In semi-permanent holiday mode covering up the dog arse music with mistletoe now though.

Recently zoomed in on OP's av to check it out, that was the first time I saw it was a gif and nearly shat myself.

mothman

I really don't know why - I'm not a Nazi or anything - but I saw this GIF from the Nuremberg Rally and there was something about the repetitive endlessness of it that I just found so hypnotic.

Dr Rock