Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:13:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

what is your AVATAR from

Started by GoblinAhFuckScary, September 23, 2021, 08:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Quote from: Astronaut Omens on September 25, 2021, 10:47:20 AM
Mine is from Rembrandt's painting of the Bible story of Belshazzar's feast:

The story is in Daniel chapter 5.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Daniel+5&version=NRSV
During a banquet held by a Babylonian king, a disembodied hand appears and starts writing on the wall, but no-one can read it.(Rembrandt deliberately painted the Hebrew text back-to-front to create a garbled effect) The Jewish hero of the story, a captive of the king is sent for, and tells him that amongst other things, the message says that "the days of your kingdom are numbered". The next day Balthazar is killed. From this story comes the expression "the writing's on the wall".

Yeah? Well mine's a duck

Retinend

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 25, 2021, 10:48:40 AM
sometimes I feel like my username / avatar are too try-hard

tbh there seems to be an unwritten rule on here against outright Brass Eye (or other Morris projects) avatars

H-O-W-L

Nobody answered my question of graphicness so I am going to have a full resolution goatse as my next avatar.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: H-O-W-L on September 25, 2021, 09:44:00 AM
I was thinking of having a Fallout avatar next, but are these too graphic for CAB?

I don't think anyone would mind much over those, HAPPY NOW

hamfist

mine's the logo from my favourite brewery, located in Winterthur

Chopfab means "head off" which is the act of decapitating a beer bottle by flipping the cap off

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on September 24, 2021, 02:31:41 PM
It's James Bond from this famous funny Ghanaian poster for The Spy Who Loved Me:

I wonder what happened to "ME" causing the painter to make such a pigs ear of it?
Perhaps the painter put the wrong word first and had to change it, I dunno.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: hamfist on September 25, 2021, 01:17:23 PM
mine's the logo from my favourite brewery, located in Winterthur

winterthur? in switzerland? my dad's from there!

Sebastian Cobb

nothing to say about mine really.

Nice to see everyone's avatars without having to logout I suppose, I turned it off to make work browsing a bit more clandestine and am now so accustomed to it viewing the place with avatars on just looks far too busy.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on September 25, 2021, 01:39:07 PM
I wonder what happened to "ME" causing the painter to make such a pigs ear of it?

The Spy Who Love Ghee

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on September 25, 2021, 01:39:07 PM

Looks like there's definitely a 'Y' under the M, so I think they originally wrote 'YOU'.

Kelvin

Mine is Link, but imbued with Kelvin energy,

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on September 25, 2021, 02:33:43 PM
Looks like there's definitely a 'Y' under the M, so I think they originally wrote 'YOU'.
Yes that's what I think too. Can see the U as well

Retinend

"The Spy Who Love You" - rolls right off the tongue

monkfromhavana

Retinend

Sherman Krank

^ No it's the "bad week to give up sniffing glue" bit from the first one.

PowerButchi

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

mothman

Quote from: Astronaut Omens on September 25, 2021, 10:47:20 AM
Mine is from Rembrandt's painting of the Bible story of Belshazzar's feast:
The story is in Daniel chapter 5.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Daniel+5&version=NRSV
During a banquet held by a Babylonian king, a disembodied hand appears and starts writing on the wall, but no-one can read it.(Rembrandt deliberately painted the Hebrew text back-to-front to create a garbled effect) The Jewish hero of the story, a captive of the king is sent for, and tells him that amongst other things, the message says that "the days of your kingdom are numbered". The next day Balthazar is killed. From this story comes the expression "the writing's on the wall".

Is that the "Mene mene tekhel upharsin" one?

Bigfella

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 25, 2021, 01:55:31 PM
nothing to say about mine really.

Nice to see everyone's avatars without having to logout I suppose, I turned it off to make work browsing a bit more clandestine and am now so accustomed to it viewing the place with avatars on just looks far too busy.
Would you please post your old one as a full sized picture, the cartoon guy sticking the viccy? And where is it from?  Cheers, pal.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: H-O-W-L on September 25, 2021, 09:44:00 AM
I was thinking of having a Fallout avatar next, but are these too graphic for CAB?

Thought that one was in a swoon over rose petals

Custard

From Limmy's popular "twats in the park" sketch from his popular sketch show Limmy's Show

S03E01, I think

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on September 24, 2021, 11:39:10 PM
It's a reboot of my original avatar after an ill-thought-out period of using an old photo of myself.

Gawd, that was embarrassing.

Mine is a glider from Conway's Game of Life.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 25, 2021, 10:48:40 AM
sometimes I feel like my username / avatar are too try-hard

Heh not at all; after years of people avoiding them for some stupid reason, it was lovely to see Morris refs come back in fashion when you arrived.

Gregory Torso

Deborah Harold x Fab 5 Frederick

samadriel

Mine is Keroro from the anime Keroro Gunsou (Sgt Frog). Love that guy, de arimasu!

Cerys

Mine is Uncle Deadly from The Muppet Show, who has given me hassle and two points during my life.  First by scaring the hell out of me when I was a kid, and later by being the reason for many people insisting that the muppet I was describing must be Sam the American Bald Eagle because their memories were shit and the Internet was not yet a thing.  But then the Internet was a thing, and I could have proved their shitness to them had I been at all inclined to track them down for such a petty reason.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Cerys on September 26, 2021, 02:16:16 PM
Mine is Uncle Deadly from The Muppet Show, who has given me hassle and two points during my life.  First by scaring the hell out of me when I was a kid, and later by being the reason for many people insisting that the muppet I was describing must be Sam the American Bald Eagle because their memories were shit and the Internet was not yet a thing.  But then the Internet was a thing, and I could have proved their shitness to them had I been at all inclined to track them down for such a petty reason.

I always see it as an evil A.L.F fwiw