Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:45:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

what is your AVATAR from

Started by GoblinAhFuckScary, September 23, 2021, 08:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Ian McCulloch of Echo and the Bunnymen looking old and pissed, like moi.

pigamus

Mister Six

Mine's from the cover of the Soul Coughing album El Oso, selected because I got tired of my old one and wanted something simple and colorful. And it's a good album.

My previous one was Mister Six, the character I nicked my username from, taken from the cover of volume 3, issue 6 of the comic book The Invisibles.

Quote from: shiftwork2 on September 23, 2021, 08:28:03 PM
Newer posters might not know that 'the Christopher Lambert avatar' was a stock avatar on here for many years; I just wanted to keep him around for his general gormlessness.

Haha, I'd forgotten all about the little automatically dispensed avatars back on old CaB and always assumed this was Super Hans.

Janie Jones

JaDanketies kindly done mine, I think it offends no-one, for which I'm grateful

Gurke and Hare

The Canadian actor Eric Peterson, in his role in the sitcom Corner Gas, jackass.

Captain Z

Niche 15-minute BBC2 show, shown late at night in 2001. Contestants would travel around London on a bus answering deliberately stupid real-or-fake type questions. Keep hoping episodes will emerge somewhere on the internet but seems increasingly unlikely.

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Z_for_Fake

mothman

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on September 23, 2021, 10:32:53 PM
The explanations on this thread might be slightly misleading if it's bumped in a year or so, because people on here often change their avatars.

Eg: what if Butchers Blind changes theirs to the late, Tony Hart? His family would be so hurt.

Great, now I have to keep mine forever and hope people get the joke, or someone will think I actually did have a GIF from Triumph Of The Will as my avatar.

Whatever happens (hello, future CaBers!), it was this:

Steven88

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on September 24, 2021, 12:03:36 AM
The Canadian actor Eric Peterson, in his role in the sitcom Corner Gas, jackass.
Hammerhead.

Ambient Sheep

Mine's really obvious, but just in case, it's the cover of KLF's Chill Out album, which they apparently got from some big book of stock images they were presented with at a meeting, the actual location and photographer are, I believe, unknown.

Chosen to fit my username (which goes back to 2001 in this form and c. 1992 in a slightly different form), as it depicts ambient sheep.  The fact that it's also an ambient album is nice, but secondary.

And yes, I use it on Twitter too, where it occasionally gets compliments, I've even had a couple of random follows off of it!

Old Thrashbarg

Mine is Xavier: Renegade Angel from the show Xavier: Renegade Angel. Sometimes he wears a Christmas hat.

zomgmouse

Mine is currently a photo I took many years ago of a cup of tea with a light and some flowers in the reflection

rue the polywhirl

Mines from a best-selling Nintendo game series called Pokomon, naturully.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

15 Storeys High, a scene from Vince's imagination of what Finnish national costume looks like.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: Steven88 on September 23, 2021, 10:40:25 PM
It's ma dawg.

I often look at the bottom third of that and think it's Ken Bates.

I think I'm going to need a bit of a break soon.

chveik

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on September 24, 2021, 01:24:12 AM
15 Storeys High, a scene from Vince's imagination of what Finnish national costume looks like.

always thought it was from delocated but clearly i didn't look closely enough

flotemysost

I was looking for a GIF of a maneki neko then I found one of a real cat half-heartedly impersonating a maneki neko, so that had to be it. Nothing deeper than that.

Mr Farenheit

'Face House' in Kyoto designed in the 70s by the Japansese architect Kazumasa Yamashita (who unfotunately doesn't seem to have done a whole series of this kind of thing).

I liked Chairman Bodog's avatar, I always thought it looked like an astronaut at first, then when I looked closer I'd see the horrifying truth- never got old.

Cuntbeaks

A selfie of a notorious cunt from Port Glasgow, salvaged from a fruitful Facebook trawl of similar cunts, junkies and the deceased.

flotemysost

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on September 24, 2021, 02:14:08 AM

What are the two people at the top doing? Bumming/vomming, and is the person on the ground trying to reason with them? Always liked your avatar, any road.

JesusAndYourBush

It's Yagughi Mari with some meat on her head while a big lizard (not pictured in the avatar) prowls around trying to get the meat, from "13nin Gakari no Christmas", December 2001.

Clip here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhw_gcenErc

Bigfella

Been quite curious about the avatars but didn't ask because I suspected a good few of you would go 'wouldn't you like to know, haha' and feel smug at my expense.  I liked the one of the cartoon character sticking up the two fingers, they've changed it though.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

and where, may I ask, is your avatar Bigfella? You could have, I dunno, Geoff Capes or something. Get on it.

imitationleather

The eldest, best looking and funniest posters will remember that back in the old days on CaB[nb]Talking first half of the noughties here[/nb] you used to have your avatar and personal text assigned to you rather than getting to pick it yourself.

Liz Heverin, a student of dodgy views but alluring appearance.

Spiteface

Quote from: imitationleather on September 24, 2021, 05:46:00 AM
The eldest, best looking and funniest posters will remember that back in the old days on CaB[nb]Talking first half of the noughties here[/nb] you used to have your avatar and personal text assigned to you rather than getting to pick it yourself.

And we all had to suffer the indignity of "Bastard John" eventually.

Some posters who were special enough, got their own Avatars though.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on September 23, 2021, 11:06:27 PM
It's two power station chimbleys having a chat and a cuppa, before collapsing in a big fuck off explosion.

The cups and jug disappearing upwards is the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

Bigfella

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on September 24, 2021, 05:16:57 AM
and where, may I ask, is your avatar Bigfella? You could have, I dunno, Geoff Capes or something. Get on it.
You may well ask such a just question.  Sadly I am currently technologically disadvantaged, no PC, tablet etc, just a ten quid caveman phone.  I'll be 'properly' online again at some point.

Retinend

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on September 24, 2021, 01:24:12 AM

Ahhh, I always presumed it from the brilliant ski-mask-premised Jon Glaser show, Delocated.

Retinend

Mine is the final stage of evolution of what that began as a self-hating incel meme, which was itself mocked, and then began being used as a generic template for "bad" vs "good". I found this variant on an edgy 4-chan type board dedicated to literature, and I though it was hilarious. It's a little out of place on here, though.