Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:54:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Martin Clunes Arsehole

Started by Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle, September 23, 2021, 09:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on September 24, 2021, 04:12:59 AM
No, Jesus' and Moses' is the correct way to show the possessive thanks to a spot of archaism - but generally, if a name ends with an 'iz' sound, you add 's

These religious twonkers need to stop living in the past.

Quote from: gilbertharding on September 24, 2021, 09:06:13 AM
He died twice, so it should be Lazarus's's.

Yes'.

poodlefaker

it is Martin Clun'es arshol as any fule kno

ajsmith2

Was pleasantly surprised when Clunes was on Desert Island Discs and he picked 'Doreen' by Frank Zappa.

Quitely pleased with this 2 pager, i must say.

QDRPHNC

Donnas Cakes

When Lewis's used to exist it helped me to remember this rule.

The funniest thing I've seen Clunes in was where he had a bit of a run-in with someone after he parked his car in a motorcycle-only bay in a supermarket. The only downside with that youtube video is that it didn't end with sudden overwhelming violence.

pigamus

I think the big problem is that people have a hard time believing that you can decide for yourself whether or not to add the extra S. Also I don't think they really believe you don't have to write the extra S even if you would pronounce it. They want hard-and-fast rules, but it's hard to have strict rules based on pronunciation, because not everybody pronounces things the same.

Chollis

can never fucking remember this one. always have to google it because it always looks wrong

kalowski

I have it on good authority that Martin Clunes actually uses roll-on.

eagle_bearer

Is it true that Martin Clunes' arsehole has a USB port?

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: pigamus on September 24, 2021, 07:26:15 PM
I think the big problem is that people have a hard time believing that you can decide for yourself whether or not to add the extra S. Also I don't think they really believe you don't have to write the extra S even if you would pronounce it. They want hard-and-fast rules, but it's hard to have strict rules based on pronunciation, because not everybody pronounces things the same.
Then I'm going to add an extra s to lackadaisical in deference to people who say lacksadaisical.

pigamus

Quote from: Donnas Cakes on September 24, 2021, 06:48:38 PM
When Lewis's used to exist it helped me to remember this rule.

It's funny you say that because Martin Lewis the money bloke gets a lot of shit over this on his website. People practically ordering him to add the extra S.

Malcy

I love the way he handles the prick on the bike in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sixkVZStSIE

Sherringford Hovis

Buelligan

ZoyzaSorris

Buelligan

Fambo Number Mive

Clune, an even more rubbish version of Clowne.

I think there is a Professor Clune in Mrs Brown's Body. He goes out with Cathy I think and Mrs Brown keeps calling him Professor Clowne to annoy Cathy. It is the only amusing joke in Mrs Browns Boys.

touchingcloth

Isn't the correct plural form Martins Clune?

Ian Drunken Smurf

Quote from: eagle_bearer on September 24, 2021, 10:47:25 PM
Is it true that Martin Clunes' arsehole has a USB port?
Can I steer the conversation away from any future talk of Martin Clunes' dongle?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Malcy on September 25, 2021, 09:14:35 AM

I share the dismay of the person in the commenters, regarding Clunes' putting unbathed stuff ( including fresh fruit and veg into the boot of his car, first thing I noticed on the vid, that.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

FUCKING UNBAGGED STUFF, STUPID FUCKING AUTOCORRECT, FUCK'S SAKE.

Buelligan

Quote from: Malcy on September 25, 2021, 09:14:35 AM

Was sorry to see that.  What an absolute cunt. 

Why are there motorcycle spaces?  Because they take up less space.  If you force motorcycles to park in car spaces, you fill up your car park fast and inefficiently and then there's no room for cars. 

The man's an entitled arrogant cunt.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Buelligan on September 26, 2021, 11:50:28 AM
Was sorry to see that.  What an absolute cunt. 

Why are there motorcycle spaces?  Because they take up less space.  If you force motorcycles to park in car spaces, you fill up your car park fast and inefficiently and then there's no room for cars. 

The man's an entitled arrogant cunt.

Yes, I didnae care for the way he said " what are you going to do about it?" to the hapless motorcycling lad.
*and* he clearly just  uses his own voice in all the characters he plays. Lazy cunt.

Buelligan

You can imagine what that smug prick would say, outside the VIP enclosure, trying to park in the talents' car park, if a lorry driver just pulled up across all the spaces and shrugged, what you gonna do Clunes, you cunt?

Quote from: Buelligan on September 26, 2021, 12:01:45 PM
You can imagine what that smug prick would say, outside the VIP enclosure, trying to park in the talents' car park, if a lorry driver just pulled up across all the spaces and shrugged, what you gonna do Clunes, you cunt?

Would love to see that.