Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:26:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

RTD back for Doctor Who

Started by Jack Shaftoe, September 24, 2021, 04:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Butchers Blind on September 29, 2021, 02:44:59 PM
I just remembered that RTD episode of DW where that fella ended up having oral sex with a paving slab.
Amazing to have him back on board again.
I was fucking livid about that at the time but now a sequel where he shags the slab over and over for 42 minutes would be just the tonic we need after the Chibnall era

JamesTC

Can't help but feel that thrusting into a concrete slab would create a certain level of unwanted friction.

Mister Six

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on September 29, 2021, 03:17:38 PM
I was fucking livid about that at the time but now a sequel where he shags the slab over and over for 42 minutes would be just the tonic we need after the Chibnall era

I hated that ending, but it'll be good to have completely mad, unpredictable dark shit back as a possibility after years of bland, obvious, unremarkable plotting.

daf

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on September 29, 2021, 03:17:38 PM

Can't believe they never got round to merchandising this - would make the ideal Christmas pressie for the lonely Dr Who fan!

No point after Blue Peter already showed everyone how to make their own with a paving slab and a fleshlight.

mothman

Quote from: Replies From View on September 29, 2021, 11:48:26 AM
And did the title of the show fully prepare you for the microphone in the toilet?

Going by Guy's reaction, probably not.

I'm not sure any of you guys follow this guy but for me he kinda epitomises everything that's wrong with the whole 'Doctor Who is too woke' thing. The guy is a literal stupid shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgsQaVVLWXo

daf

Urgh god, that bloke is poisonous - a complete rotter!

Replies From View

Quote from: JamesTC on September 29, 2021, 03:23:16 PM
Can't help but feel that thrusting into a concrete slab would create a certain level of unwanted friction.

she would craft her concrete mouth into an accommodating shape remember

Replies From View

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on September 29, 2021, 04:29:41 PM
No point after Blue Peter already showed everyone how to make their own with a paving slab and a fleshlight.

Saved Christmas in our household yet again, that year.

Cloud

I reckon he should do a Seth Mcfarlane and just play the Doctor himself

But the alternate species idea is good. How about some kind of furry! The Doctor's a Protogen now, beep boop

chveik

go full woke and get a marxist doctor like maxine peake

Replies From View

Quote from: chveik on September 30, 2021, 01:42:14 AM

marxine peake she is called

pigamus

Quote from: canted_angle_again on September 29, 2021, 10:01:01 PM
I'm not sure any of you guys follow this guy but for me he kinda epitomises everything that's wrong with the whole 'Doctor Who is too woke' thing. The guy is a literal stupid shit.

I hope RTD casts another woman just to keep these babies miserable. A trans woman preferably, they'll love that.

olliebean

Quote from: canted_angle_again on September 29, 2021, 10:01:01 PM

I don't follow him (ugh, the very idea!) but I did see another one of his videos where he was literally screaming about how the Doctor can't be a woman.

I'd done a YouTube search to see what people were saying about the RTD news, and at least half the videos that came up featured men ranting about "wokeness" during the Chibnall era.

Replies From View

Quote from: pigamus on September 30, 2021, 07:50:17 AM
I hope RTD casts another woman just to keep these babies miserable. A trans woman preferably, they'll love that.

A Crying Game in Space and Time

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: chveik on September 30, 2021, 01:42:14 AM

FOR REAL YES

Replies From View

AUTHOR OF GORMANGHAST TRILOGY TO PLAY NEXT INCARNATION OF THE DOCTOR

why thank you, The Sun headline - your literary references are so up your own street

pigamus

What if Suranne Jones were to become the first actor to play both the Doctor and the TARDIS

C_Larence

Quote from: olliebean on September 29, 2021, 11:43:55 AMLydia West has done a Big Finish.

They've all done a big finish by the time... etc

Natnar

Quote from: pigamus on September 30, 2021, 12:07:09 PM
What if Suranne Jones were to become the first actor to play both the Doctor and the TARDIS

Will she be able to enter herself through her own console?

JamesTC

As if it needed confirming, John Barrowman won't be back. Been sacked by ITV from Dancing on Ice and some sort of sexual misconduct claims have surfaced.

Mister Six

That's pretty old news on the misconduct claims front, isn't it? Or is it new claims that have come out?

Ambient Sheep

I had a Google after reading that post and no, it's just the old stuff.  Here's the Mirror's take:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/john-barrowman-wont-appear-judge-25129308

Which links back to a story from July that had some interesting quotes I hadn't seen before:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/john-barrowman-given-second-chance-24579154
QuoteBarrowman, who lives in California with his husband Scott Gill, says his flashing antics stopped overnight after he was given a dressing down by executive producer Julie Gardner, who'd received a complaint. "My antics had come to her attention and she told me I should rein in my behaviour," he explained. "In blunt terms, she had just two words of advice: 'Grow up!'

"That struck a chord. I did as I was told and my behaviour changed overnight.

"I can see now my actions were pretty juvenile but this was a different time and it's something I would not do today."

In response to the stories in May, a video of Captain Jack was dropped from the Doctor Who theatre show Time Fraction and Barrowman was also axed from an audio project for Torchwood featuring David Tennant.

Apologising at the time, he said: "With the benefit of hindsight, I understand that upset may have been caused by my exuberant behaviour and I have apologised for this previously. Since my apology in November 2008, my understanding and behaviour have also changed."

The family entertainer, who is known for calling everything 'fabulous', thinks he is suffering because of Clarke, who was stripped of his Outstanding Contribution Bafta shortly after receiving it.

"It seems to me that I've become collateral damage to a much bigger story," he said.

Replies From View

Calling it "exuberant" behaviour, just like you'd get from an over-enthusiastic and ultimately blameless puppy, and blaming Clarke.

Sounds like he's really taking responsibility for this.

Butchers Blind

QuoteIt seems to me that I've become collateral damage to a much bigger story

He's totally understood the situation and realised he was being a nob-out cunt.

Replies From View

Weird how it was shrugged off at the time though.  It even received a glib, humorous mention in that cover of Victoria Wood's "Let's Do It" as if it wasn't that big of a deal.

QuoteI can't do it!
I can't do it!
The pressure of the BBC.
I must e-mail some young male
To alleviate the stress on me.
I can't block out, please lock out,
Images of Johnny B getting his cock out.
I can't do it!
I can't do it tonight!

That's not how you respond to something that's understood to be thoroughly objectionable, is it.  At the time of that song I had no idea it was true - I thought it was a stupid idea just invented for the song to rhyme, and thought it was quite amusing on that basis.

I wonder if anyone thought it was true from listening to the song, and didn't think it was "off".

mjwilson

I don't remember exactly when I learned about it but my understanding is that it was generally known about (amongst the kind of people who read Doctor Who threads on forums, that is).

Pretty sure I knew about it. I didn't necessarily think it was ok but maybe my thinking was more "well I wouldn't like that to happen to me at work, but it's been done in public and nobody seems to be complaining about it to HR so maybe they don't mind".

Famous Mortimer

Adult needs to be told getting your cock out in the workplace is wrong