Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:36:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

RTD back for Doctor Who

Started by Jack Shaftoe, September 24, 2021, 04:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

I was reading about Barrowman's "antics" on the Torchwood set[nb]Something about the eyeball prop from that episode, whatever it was called, going missing on set, only for Barrowman to stride into the centre of the set, drop his keks and squeeze it out of his arse, in what he seemed to think was a hilarious prank. In retrospect, this could have happened, or it could be a homophobic list. I probably read it on b3ta or Popbitch, so also not massively reliable.[/nb] when season one of that show was on.

Still, was thinking about this the other day, and as much as he was obviously an annoying cunt to work with, if he has changed his ways and made amends in the intervening period, I'm not sure he should be blacklisted now.

And if he should be blacklisted, then surely RTD, who was in charge and aware of all this, should get the boot too?

Not that I want that to happen, obviously.

mjwilson

I don't know if Barrowman has really apologised in any way that really sounds sincere yet.

I mean, Barrowman was still doing stuff like this very much out in the open long after his telling off and supposed change of behaviour.

Mister Six

Hm, I think mooning a photo isn't quite in the same territory as slapping your cock on someone. It does suggest that he's still an unbearable dickhead to work with, though.

Obviously not, but this is at a fan convention. I find it hard to believe he stopped getting his dick out for laughs. More to the point, if you had taken a dressing down from your boss for whipping it out all the time and had genuinely learned your lesson and taken on board that what you're doing is unacceptable, would you really then move on to mooning at public events for photos with your fellow cast members (none of whom look remotely surprised to see him doing this)

JamesTC

Malcy

jobotic

Mister Six

Quote from: Stone Cold Steve Austin on October 04, 2021, 07:42:41 PM
Obviously not, but this is at a fan convention. I find it hard to believe he stopped getting his dick out for laughs. More to the point, if you had taken a dressing down from your boss for whipping it out all the time and had genuinely learned your lesson and taken on board that what you're doing is unacceptable, would you really then move on to mooning at public events for photos with your fellow cast members (none of whom look remotely surprised to see him doing this)

The ones at the front might not be aware, and the one at the back is having a big chuckle.

I dunno, it still seems a bit spurious, if there aren't any further reports of him acting the cunt (in a nude/sexual context) past 2008 or whatever.

Replies From View

I always think of Bob Mortimer's response to Richard Herring when he's asked if he would ever suck Keith Allen's cock.  Obvious aggravation just thinking about that man and other knob-flaunters like him.

Alberon

What really seems to have done Barrowman in is that video of Noel Clarke at a convention describing his willy waving antics.

Thomas

Quote from: Mister Six on October 04, 2021, 08:09:19 PM
I dunno, it still seems a bit spurious, if there aren't any further reports of him acting the cunt (in a nude/sexual context) past 2008 or whatever.

By his own naughty gloating he was doing his 'banana trick' on the set of Desperate Housewives in 2010, but by his account Eva Longoria was into it (can't speak for any voiceless members of the crew who might have been less enthusiastic) -

QuoteThe Torchwood actor was recently cast as new character Patrick Logan alongside Longoria in the ABC drama.

Barrowman told Heat: "She's amazing. I gave her a good grope. We were doing some booty-dancing and I said, 'Show me some of that Latino ass!'. She did.

"And then I was like, 'Your boobies are doing alright, too, so I got to touch the boobs and the bum. She grabbed my goods, too. Oh, and I showed her my banana trick. I'll say no more! I can't tell you here..."

One major issue with Barrowman's behaviour is that, beyond his apparently willing and flirty castmates - some of whom have recounted his antics with glee at fan events[nb]I saw one video the other day of Eve Myles describing a day filming in the US (perhaps for Miracle Day?). They were in a taxi together, and Barrowman hopped out, up onto the bonnet, and started wiping the rainy windscreen with his dick.[/nb] - there was an entire workplace of people who couldn't speak up if it bothered them. Lighting, cameras, extras, runners, makeup crew. All exposed to the banana trick with no voice in the matter.

Barrowman doesn't seem to have acknowledged this factor in his lame half-apologies. He still seems to be assuming that absolutely everybody present chimed with his playfully-intentioned attitude.

Replies From View

Sure he'd get away with that kind of sexually predatory behaviour so often if he was a straight man.  He can't possibly be into it, you see, because he is gay.

Groping tits for him is just the same as if he was touching the trunk of a tree in a park

your honour

olliebean

Quote from: Replies From View on October 08, 2021, 12:17:56 PM
Sure he'd get away with that kind of sexually predatory behaviour so often if he was a straight man.  He can't possibly be into it, you see, because he is gay.

Groping tits for him is just the same as if he was touching the trunk of a tree in a park

your honour

Should be irrelevant. That's like arguing that it's fine for a billionaire to steal £100 out of your wallet, because £100 is nothing to a billionaire. The offence lies not in how Barrowman's behaviour affects Barrowman, but in how it affects the people he does it to.

Besides which, whether it's sexual or not, he clearly does get some kind of a thrill out of it.

Deanjam

The official Doctor Who accounts on Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram have all closed simultaneously. Something happening maybe.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Deanjam on October 08, 2021, 07:56:58 PM
The official Doctor Who accounts on Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram have all closed simultaneously. Something happening maybe.

social media reality bomb to kill chrisss chibnallsss

Alberon

They've all achieved sentience and their first act is to destroy themselves rather than be forced to publicise a new series of Chinball's dribblings?

mothman

It's when they all start playing martial music that we'll need to start worrying.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Jerzy Bondov

Haha, brilliant. Welcome back Russell.

Replies From View

Quote from: olliebean on October 08, 2021, 05:56:41 PM
Should be irrelevant. That's like arguing that it's fine for a billionaire to steal £100 out of your wallet, because £100 is nothing to a billionaire. The offence lies not in how Barrowman's behaviour affects Barrowman, but in how it affects the people he does it to.

Besides which, whether it's sexual or not, he clearly does get some kind of a thrill out of it.

You didn't perceive the sarcasm or tone of my post.

I'm talking about the perspectives of the people he is affecting, not him.  And I am saying he obviously gets a thrill out of it but people - those he is groping, even - appear to let him off due to an assumption that his orientation means he doesn't.

Replies From View

mjwilson

Sony about to take over Bad Wolf, apparently.

Malcy

Quote from: mjwilson on October 11, 2021, 04:29:30 PM
Sony about to take over Bad Wolf, apparently.
Saw something saying HBO were taking over as well.

Replies From View

What does it mean in practical terms?  Ownership of Doctor Who by American companies?

mjwilson

I don't think so, the BBC will only have sold the rights to produce DW for a limited period.
Higher budgets maybe? And presumably Sony think that, if all goes well, they would be in a better position to negotiate for movie rights or whatever.

Also Spider-man is going to be the next Doctor.