Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:02:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Armando Ianucci has written a faux-epic poem about Covid

Started by AllisonSays, September 25, 2021, 10:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colacentral

Quote from: peanutbutter on September 27, 2021, 02:34:18 PM
Nah, the article says he's giving all of his money from it to charity. I'm sure he feels the poem is of zero commercial value beyond whatever his name gives anything tbf.

The questionable bit is that he felt a need to shop it around to publishers rather than just putting it out there. Like, that the act of making it wasn't sufficient justification for doing it... even though it's for charity there's soemthing about that that rubs me the wrong way. Either he thinks it's really good and would've been wasted just put up online or a sense that any art he makes must be able to extract some manner of monetary gain (even if it isn't directly for him), or maybe something else, I dunno

The esteem of having a "bestseller."

Kankurette

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Kankurette on September 27, 2021, 07:29:47 PM
TS Eliot didn't die for this.
He died for the movie Cats.

I refuse to believe Armando is doing this for careerist reasons or for the money or tax break. He genuinely thinks he is a great poet and the world needs to read his verse. In reality, nobody today reads good poetry, so why would they read his shit?

Twit 2

Chollis

Looking forward to hearing this recited at Eddie Marsan's centrist dinner party (with NO ANTI-SEMITISM)

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Chollis on September 28, 2021, 12:50:15 PM
Looking forward to hearing this recited at Eddie Marsan's centrist dinner party (with NO ANTI-SEMITISM)

I wonder what kind of food is eaten at a bland, centrist dinner party?

imitationleather

boki

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on September 28, 2021, 12:54:06 PM
I wonder what kind of food is eaten at a bland, centrist dinner party?
Something out of a packet, no doubt.

Mister Six

Quote from: imitationleather on September 28, 2021, 01:01:48 PM

Fair play to the woman third from the (EDIT: left, not right. Check out this dunce) who's just getting the fuck in there, bollocks to all this posing for Twitter malarky.

idunnosomename

Heidi Allen. was best to get stuck in while you could with all that

Chollis

god, imagine being sandwiched between Gapes and Umunna whilst trying to eat your lunch

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: imitationleather on September 28, 2021, 01:01:48 PM

It's always nice to see the occasional CaB meet - up pic. Shoulders? -Stomach ( pictured right) is looking really smart there in his shirt and tie, It's good that he made the effort.Special comedy guest of honour Brenda Blethyn ( pictured next to Shoulders, invited on the strength of her appearance in top 80s sit- com " Chance In A Million" ) looks somewhat apprehensive about being there, though.