Author Topic: Holding Probably Unfair Grudges  (Read 12174 times)

Povidone

• We wanted to try and raise awareness for Ashburton
Re: Holding Probably Unfair Grudges
« Reply #180 on: October 06, 2021, 09:34:50 PM »
What a cunty thing to say.

I’m glad Moran made you miss your train.

Didn't say it hun, typed it.

Anyway, did anyone else as a child utterly fail to understand how program scheduling worked and took the hump against a show that you percieved to be taking the place of your favourite thing?

I refused to watch the first series of The Fast Show as I held them personally responsible for the first series of Shooting Stars ending.

« Reply #181 on: October 06, 2021, 09:37:58 PM »
I refused to watch the first series of The Fast Show as I held them personally responsible for the first series of Shooting Stars ending.

Shooting Stars started after The Fast Show

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

• Bollocked for being so weird and unpleasant
« Reply #182 on: October 06, 2021, 10:08:10 PM »
Yep, first series of   The Fast Show was September 1994, Shooting Stars followed a year later.

Povidone

« Reply #183 on: October 06, 2021, 10:11:07 PM »
Must have been a repeat then. All I know is I had gotten used to watching Shooting Stars over the course of six weeks which at the time might as well have been an eternity. Then it finished its run and The Fast Show took over its Friday night night slot in what my 13 year old mind assumed to be some kind of military coup.

Perhaps the second series if it was a year after?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

« Reply #184 on: October 06, 2021, 10:16:12 PM »
Second series was Feb. 1996, I remember it as part of a jolly good line up of Friday Night Comedy, with Father Ted and Fist Of Fun, so yeah, you were watching a repeat.
The 2nd series of The Fast Show was easily the worst one, btw.

Povidone

« Reply #185 on: October 06, 2021, 10:25:03 PM »
Ah well, arbitrary vindication.

It's possible im getting mixed up though, just occured to me it might have been red dwarf, holds a similarly revelatory but less enduring mystique for me. I note it was also airing a series in 1994.

Either way I held a completely unfair grudge against the Fast Show for a very stupid reason.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

« Reply #186 on: October 06, 2021, 10:36:03 PM »
I'm just imagining Povidone driving his car like that Mark Williams " being angry at perfectly normal things" chatracter driving down the street, venting his spleen and shouting enraged things about, indeed, The Fast Show, turning a lovely shade of as- then- unacknowledged as such gammon.
" Oh, You're a comedy show....quickfire sketch...( fume).you, You're an unintelligent girl on a till...(snarl)...Cockney thief, You're a Cockney thief...(grr)...You're that one from the Cambridge Footlights who didn't make it as big as Stephen Fry and that lot...(etc.)
Me and my mate used to do a great approximation of this sketch while propping up the bar back in the day because we're a pair of unfunny cunts.

Povidone

« Reply #187 on: October 06, 2021, 10:45:31 PM »
Ha! Enduring image...

icehaven

• WORLD'S BIGGEST RIP OFF: $100 PER PERSON
« Reply #188 on: October 07, 2021, 08:03:48 AM »
...You're that one from the Cambridge Footlights who didn't make it as big as Stephen Fry and that lot...(etc.)

Who dat?

Fr.Bigley

• Shall I boil this kettle dry?
« Reply #189 on: October 07, 2021, 09:16:35 AM »
Maybe he’d been drinking lots of water

Very good point.

« Reply #190 on: October 07, 2021, 09:22:48 AM »

icehaven

• WORLD'S BIGGEST RIP OFF: $100 PER PERSON
« Reply #191 on: October 07, 2021, 09:42:52 AM »
Paul Shearer?

Oh right, I barely even remember him being in it. Haven't watched it in at least ten years though.

Tags: