Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:13:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Spencer (2021, Kristen Stewart is Diana, Princess Of Our Hearts)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, September 25, 2021, 02:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

My opinion means next to nothing as a severely depressed anti royalist with an inability to experience joy but fucking hell I wish they'd just fuck the fuck off with these fucking films and tv shows about these utter useless boring cunts.

Zetetic

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on September 25, 2021, 03:01:25 PM
Why does it look like a photograph from the 70s? She died in 1997.
One of the past's dark secrets is that '90s mostly looked liked the '80s and the '80s mostly looked like the '70s.

Zetetic

Kristen Stewart's stomach bug acting has brought me an unreasonable amount of joy at various times.

Quote from: Zetetic on September 30, 2021, 06:45:13 PM
One of the past's dark secrets is that '90s mostly looked liked the '80s and the '80s mostly looked like the '70s.

Haha :D I mean how the colours are all so muted and the film grain and stuff, they've purposefully made it look a lot older than it should, I suppose to give it some sort of sense of history and gravitas for the anglophile middle aged american living dustbins who I'm guessing are the main consumers of this tripe.

They'll sit with their tartan shortbread biscuit tins on their laps and then goose-step around their homes afterwards with their noses in the air going "shoot the poor phwaphwaphwa!"

That Iron Lady thing, I'm guessing was made for them as well, it'd have been a horror film if it was aimed at a british audience :D

Am I right in assuming this, or is there still enough not dead yet monarchists left in this country for it to be commercially viable if it were only sold here?

I suppose that does make sense, thick racists will love the queen. Patriotism being the last refuge of the scoundrel and all that.
That explains Brexit and Johnson.

I don't really follow the news and politics too much because it would make me suicidal! So is Starmer like labours way of saying "right, if you don't like corbyn, what about this?", have they swung the other way and he's a bit right wing?
I liked corbyn :(

Small Man Big Horse

It turns out that this isn't the only Diana film coming out soon - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEYVA0YqYV0 - though I guess this is more of a filmed stage show than anything else. Being a musicals fan I genuinely can't wait, it's from the people behind Come From Away so probably won't be all that but I'm hoping it will be unintentionally hilarious.

Butchers Blind

They'll be plenty of Diana stuff coming up as we get nearer to the 25 year celebrations. Bunting everywhere, street parties and the reenactment in the Paris tunnel.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Butchers Blind on September 30, 2021, 08:46:50 PM
They'll be plenty of Diana stuff coming up as we get nearer to the 25 year celebrations. Bunting everywhere, street parties and the reenactment in the Paris tunnel.

Communal crying. We'll soon be forced to wear teardrop badges on the anniversary.

mothman

Wasn't the number one when (or just after, it being Saturday night/Sunday morning) she died "The Drugs Don't Work"?

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: mothman on September 30, 2021, 10:30:07 PM
Wasn't the number one when (or just after, it being Saturday night/Sunday morning) she died "The Drugs Don't Work"?
Even more suspiciously, it was Men In Black by Will Smith - a blatant message about her murder by sinister forces; The Drugs Don't Work hit the top spot on 13 September, before Candle the week after.

EDIT: It's nice that after their grieving the nation managed to make Barbie Girl by Aqua and Teletubbies Say Eh-Oh number one later in the year, although Perfect Day hit the top spot that November (I guess it was recorded several months before).

lipsink

At the end of the film they flash forward 10 years to Gervais trying to fill 5 minutes while Elton John comes on by doing the dance.

Custard