Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:36:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Godzilla (2014)

Started by Chedney Honks, September 25, 2021, 08:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Only watched ten minutes but the white kid in it's eyes are as wide as his cunty little mouth. Looks like a little fucking Hollywood idiot.

Keebleman

Never start a thread when you're drunk, kids!

Chedney Honks

Wow. I went to bed very early. No wonder I'm awake already. What an immensely boring film.

Small Man Big Horse

Yeah, I saw it in Copenhagen when I'd only just got together with my now ex-girlfriend, at the time I was in a fantastic mood due to being on holiday for the first time in years and in love for the first time in an even longer time, but still walked out thinking it was pretty shit and that it wasted a great cast.

Chedney Honks

It's gone in my resale basket already. Total waste of the cast, as you say, and an even worse waste of Godzilla. Admittedly, I fell asleep but I'd only had three beers, and I had a nap in the afternoon. Just dull in every way. Dialogue, colour palette, narrative, complete lack of Godzilla for the first half. I only keep films I enjoy and even if it somehow has a great final third, I'm never sitting through everything leading up to it again. Bin.

How do you make Godzilla boring?

Povidone

It's a godawful tedious load of grey nothing. An affront. Say what you like about Kong: Skull Island at least they remembered to put the fucking monster in.

Spiteface

Quote from: Povidone on September 26, 2021, 07:59:10 PM
It's a godawful tedious load of grey nothing. An affront. Say what you like about Kong: Skull Island at least they remembered to put the fucking monster in.

About now is where I point out that he got about the same amount of screen time in 1954, and in plenty of other outings, too.

But it is frustrating in that they came up with a good design for Godzilla yet were almost afraid to show the bloody thing off.

I like it, but Shin Godzilla is superior. I wish Hideaki Anno would do a sequel to that. But Shin Ultraman is out soon hopefully, which I'm excited about.

Povidone

Yeah I know they were going for a tone closer to the original film, still think cutting away to a news report of a big monster fight rather than actually showing it is really just pissing on your own chips.

Shin Godzilla is quality and does a lot of the things Godzilla (2014) was trying to do more effectively.