Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:59:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Best Endings

Started by BJBMK2, September 27, 2021, 09:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Twit 2 on September 30, 2021, 07:47:54 PM
Agreed. Sobbed when I first saw that.

Here's a beautiful version of the tune[nb]fans of hat fucking will note the love theme is not by Ennio Morricone, but his son.[/nb]:

https://youtu.be/RdyQ66JQWyM

You bastard. My partner now thinks I'm having a breakdown.

chveik

SteveDave

Quote from: badaids on September 29, 2021, 08:27:30 PM
"Good shot! OK, he's dead; let's go get 'im. That's another one for the fire."

I remember shouting "NO!" out loud when I first saw this. I think it might've been the first film I'd seen that had an "unhappy" ending. Then I saw "Wicker Man" and then all bets were off.

beanheadmcginty

Superman breaking the fourth wall, smiling and flying off to the sound of John Williams.

Chedney Honks

Great call on Cinema Paradiso. I started crying reading the post.

Custard

The Graduate had a good one

Spoiler alert
He does this big dramatic romantic gesture, she says yes, they drive off together. Their elated smiles slowly start to fade
[close]

It's bleak and brave. And a bit of a masterstroke

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Shameless Custard on October 01, 2021, 05:56:19 PM
The Graduate had a good one

Spoiler alert
He does this big dramatic romantic gesture, she says yes, they drive off together. Their elated smiles slowly start to fade
[close]

It's bleak and brave. And a bit of a masterstroke

Weird how Hoffman starred in two big films of the late sixties (The Graduate and Midnight Cowboy) both of which end with him
Spoiler alert
on a bus
[close]

Quote from: Chedney Honks on October 01, 2021, 05:34:42 PM
Great call on Cinema Paradiso. I started crying reading the post.

Ah yeah, I remember now, I just had a look at the spoiler. I couldn't remember what happened at the end.
Yeah, great little film that. It was a weird one for me because I had to stay with these strangers and I didn't like it, everything was different and I was all alone, sat in the spare room watching that late night on channel 4 on a tiny telly. Sucked me in, but I think I would have liked it better on my home turf.

McChesney Duntz

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on September 30, 2021, 08:00:07 PM
Night Moves, the Gene Hackman private eye movie. Such a perfect ending for what came before.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'd go so far as to say that all of the great neo-noirs of the seventies into the early eighties (well, '81, anyway) - Chinatown, The Long Goodbye, Cutter's Way, Blow Out - all come with brilliant, gut-punching denouements.

mjwilson

Quote from: Dusty Substance on October 02, 2021, 03:09:02 PM
Weird how Hoffman starred in two big films of the late sixties (The Graduate and Midnight Cowboy) both of which end with him
Spoiler alert
on a bus
[close]

Spoiler alert
bus
[close]
wanker

frajer

Cracking thread.

It's not a good film (although it is one I enjoy) but the ending to Escape From L.A. is genuinely ace. Everything from the point that Snake crashlands the helicopter is gold.