Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:42:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Do you wear a hat?

Started by eagle_bearer, September 29, 2021, 09:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Soviets

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but you know, there is.

Wearing hats stopped being a thing so much after the 1950s.  Before that, a large proportion of people did.

Johnny Foreigner

It was the Very Big Corporation of America which noted, in 1983, that people were not wearing enough hats, even though, paradoxically, sales were going up.

And another thing: why does nobody wear a periwig any more? Surely, if I were to don a periwig and walk the streets, that ought to be nobody's business but my own.

I wear a wooly one in the winter and a sort of baseball cap style but quite if it's a blazing hot day. The joys of being bald I suppose.

On no occasion have I ever worn a stylish hat. As I have stated in another thread, I'm not suave in the slightest and putting on a homburg or a panama would jar with my general scruffy look.

Glebe

Probably already been said but surely every CaBber wears a hat to cover up their baldness?!

dissolute ocelot

Do people still tie a scarf around their hat to indicate their mood?

I'm turning into a goth as I get older and sadder, so this may be the next step after I find a suitably large and heavy coat.

Attila

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on October 01, 2021, 05:37:25 PM
Could it be?

Good grief! Ah well, it's gone to an interesting if not good home then. (Mine wasn't quite as puffy, but I would imagine the sea voyage could have had an effect on its shape).

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on October 05, 2021, 09:56:15 AMI'm turning into a goth as I get older and sadder

Me walking the dogs this morning.
I'm boomeranging to Goth after 20 years away. There is more than one pair of winklepickers in my ebay watchlist.

Brian Freeze

Bought mesen a flat cap on monday as I feel I might be old enough to not look like a bell end. Think I might get away with it and was extremely pleased to find it works with a head torch.

Have one of those amazonian tarp hats for wet weather. Thats ace, but not as water resistant as I thought it might have been.

Quote from: Better Midlands on September 29, 2021, 10:52:46 AM
I knew a cunt guy who wore one of those in the early 90's - he liked acid jazz.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on October 05, 2021, 09:56:15 AM
Do people still tie a scarf around their hat to indicate their mood?

Is that like the gay hankerchief thing? Brown for fisting, red for rimming etc.